►► Jkno's Imperial collection ◄◄

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Armada Super Star Destroyer arrived, what a huge and cool piece. Pretty sturdy, reasonably accurate (considering it is not a studio scale model), and with tons of beautiful details on top and underneath. I might try to get a better base for it in time, but for now it will do. Glad I got it, beautiful collectible:

Armada-Super-Star-Destroyer-28.jpg

Armada-Super-Star-Destroyer-29.jpg

Armada-Super-Star-Destroyer-31.jpg

Armada-Super-Star-Destroyer-17.jpg

Armada-Super-Star-Destroyer-23.jpg

Armada-Super-Star-Destroyer-02.jpg

Finally the EFX Death Star High Altitude Surface modules/tiles are on display, it took some time to find their place considering other things I got recently. I also replaced the top rings on the Master Replicas Force FX lightsabers with clear versions.

collection-display-118.jpg

I also managed to frame and display the cool Mike Mitchell Stormtrooper print in the other room:

collection-display-121.jpg

Attakus 1/5 Darth Vader, a statue I wanted for a long time, and thanks to a nice collector, I finally got it and for a good price. A superb piece -and a great Christmas present to myself as well:

Attakus-Darth-Vader-statue-20.jpg

Attakus-Darth-Vader-TIE-Pilot-Stormtrooper-statues-01.jpg

And Merry Christmas to everyone here :)

Christmas-wish-animated.gif

A nice Imperial propaganda poly-poster arrived and it is up on the door:

Poly-Poster-Academy-Education-Propaganda-03.jpg

There is also a patch there showing my love for Star Wars films :) :

patch-11.jpg

That patch :lol Your dedication to collecting Stars Wars is impressive. I've changed what I collect quite a few times and you're still going strong lol.

That patch :lol Your dedication to collecting Stars Wars is impressive. I've changed what I collect quite a few times and you're still going strong lol.

You know me, my dedicated specific focus is what keeps me in the collecting business, otherwise the limited budget and display space would kill me. :)

You know me, my dedicated specific focus is what keeps me in the collecting business, otherwise the limited budget and display space would kill me. :)
I'm in a small condo now whereas I used to have basically unlimited space, so I'm having to be very selective. I'm focusing on Alien. Probably picking up my new cabinets today. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I'm in a small condo now whereas I used to have basically unlimited space, so I'm having to be very selective. I'm focusing on Alien. Probably picking up my new cabinets today. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Aliens collecting is good :yess:, wish I had the space to collect all the lines I'd like: Predator, Aliens, Star Trek, Ghost in the Shell, Babylon 5, to name just a few. Know the feeling about space limitations, was in a condo myself a few years ago before moving here. And I also intend to make another cabinet next year.

Just received the R2-D2 garden ornament from a UK ebay seller, sent through Global Shipping Program GSP, and the contents in the box are completely broken. The droid is smashed to bits and pieces, as the seller or GSP didn't use the proper packing materials. The box itself is flimsy as hell, and they only used a thin sheet of bubble wrap, too small for the box, so R2 danced in the box all the way to me, without any other protection. They could have added those cheap plastic peanuts, more bubble wrap, or even crumpled newspapers. These ceramic/resin ornaments seem to be very thin and fragile on their own, why would you ship them like a wood stump without proper packaging?

IMG-4773.jpg

Man...that sucks! I always go overboard when I pack stuff. You could kick it down a flight of stairs, which I'm betting has actually been done by these barbaric delivery companies lol.

Man...that sucks! I always go overboard when I pack stuff. You could kick it down a flight of stairs, which I'm betting has actually been done by these barbaric delivery companies lol.

The seller and GSP both refunded me the cost of the product plus shipping. So it is all ok from this point of view. Money is back on my account. And you are right about the packing, when I sold a few 1/6 Sideshow figures and life-size helmets from my collection I even used double boxes and tons of extra packing material to be sure everything was fine. Heck, crumpled newspapers do an excellent job when shipping something fragile.

Anyway my advice for the anyone interested in buying these garden ornaments for their courtyard is to say pass (they first appeared in UK at Homebase shop, and more recently in Australia, I'm quite sure they will come in US and Canada some day too). They are nice and come in a lot of varieties from OT and ST: Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Han, Leia, Stormtrooper, R2-D2, C-3PO, Royal Guard, then BB8, Rey, Kylo, Phasma etc.

But these things are fragile, with very thin walls and most likely will not last outside a year in the sun, rain, wind and snow. Unfortunately these are not made for outside, as their name would imply. For inside (collection room, man cave etc.) you can get better and more detailed figures and statues. A friend from UK told me his cat flipped over his Boba Fett ornament and his head broke off. My recently acquired Attakus 1/5 Vader 1 is about 45 cm, and is almost the same size of this R2 ornament, but it is way heavier and more solid. I remember the old garden gnomes you could hit with a football ball and not get damaged. These are not that alas.

Now I'll be looking for some real Star Wars garden ornaments made of stone, rock, marble, or concrete, if there are any.

Back