“Fallout” television series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Cousin stuff". That's all. That's all I wanted to say about this.

Had kinda high hopes for this after watching the trailer, but found the characters pretty uninteresting (Just like in 3 Body Problem). Great acting, world building and visuals though...

"Cousin stuff". That's all. That's all I wanted to say about this.

Yeah this show unapologetically unhinged and I love it. Exactly how it should be.

Glad people are saying you don't need any game knowledge to watch the show, as a MASSIVE Fallout fan its hard to not thing about that, I've gotta get the lady to watch with me this weekend.

Just watched the first episode. Having no knowledge of the game, I'm really liking it. It's unhinged but somehow not trying too hard. The first episode is written and performed well enough that I just accept the outlandish setting and what would have been hard-to-swallow plot points. So far, it's walking the line.

New Vegas...

vlcsnap-2024-04-12-20h03m53s403.png

...but which game ending will the world of season two depict? :unsure:

* Bombs drop - 2077
* Fallout 76 - 2102
* Fallout 1 – 2161
* Fallout Tactics - 2197
* Fallout 2 – 2241
* Fallout 3 – 2277
* Fallout: New Vegas – 2281
* Fallout 4 – 2287
* Fallout TV show – 2296

https://www.eurogamer.net/bethesda-... events of New Vegas,Sands is doing just fine.

Yeah this show unapologetically unhinged and I love it. Exactly how it should be.

Glad people are saying you don't need any game knowledge to watch the show, as a MASSIVE Fallout fan its hard to not thing about that, I've gotta get the lady to watch with me this weekend.
Enjoy, pure entertainment.

Watched the 1st 2 episodes tonight. Was hoping for far better than this. The visuals are pretty spot on. The vault looked great, the costumes, weapons, gear... Great looking sets & backgrounds and plenty of Easter eggs.

But so far the story and all the characters feel flat, other than Goggins as the Ghoul who I like and is great in pretty much everything he is in. The main girl Lucy and the Brotherhood doofus Maximus are pretty bad. I feel like I'm watching the same character from the Netflix comedy Disjointed. Seems like a lot of dumb stuff in this so far. Not sure if it's meant to be funny or sad how dumb/naive these characters are. All this reminds me of is that recent awful Dungeons & Dragons movie. Like the scene with the idiot in the Power Armor taking on the mutated bear.

After watching the 1st 2 episodes all it did was make me want to go back and play Fallout 4 again (never finished, but been years since I played) instead of watching the next episode. I did fully play Fallout 3 and New Vegas back in the XBox360 days. Still have those as well.

Not a gamer, but I got a kick out of the first episode and am looking forward to the rest. The Lucy character was cute and fun and Goggins of course is brilliant as always.

I could do without the clunky, ridiculous looking mech suits, but I guess that's part of the game and had to be in there.

Last edited:
Not a gamer, but I got a kick out of the first episode and am looking forward to the rest. The Lucy character was cute and fun and Goggins of course is brilliant as always.

I could do without the clunky, ridiculous looking mech suits, but I guess that's part of the game and had to be in there.
I'm in a similar position. On Ep5 now. It's weird and intriguing. The action with the mech suits has been poor though. Surpisingly so. Feel cheap and slow.

I'm in a similar position. On Ep5 now. It's weird and intriguing. The action with the mech suits has been poor though. Surpisingly so. Feel cheap and slow.
Honestly I think that’s kind of intentional. The show goes out of it’s way multiple times to both tell and show you that the power armour isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.

Just another product made by a ****** pre-war corporation for profits.

Honestly I think that’s kind of intentional. The show goes out of it’s way multiple times to both tell and show you that the power armour isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.

Just another product made by a ****** pre-war corporation for profits.
That makes sense, it does come across more like poor filming rather than poor equipment though.

That makes sense, it does come across more like poor filming rather than poor equipment though.
Maximus also doesn’t know how to use it. But yeah, in the later episodes they’re basically just described as walking coffins.

Back