All-Star Superman - DC's Next Animated Feature

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
This looks to be a "must-see." I've yet to read this particular story arc, but it seems like I'm going to have to after seeing this trailer.

by SuperHeroHype
Sep 23rd, 2010
Following Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, DC's next animated feature will be All-Star Superman. The title will hit stores in Winter 2011 and you can watch the trailer below, thanks to MTV. The trailer will be included with Superman/Batman: Apocalypse.

Based on Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's 12-issue "All-Star Superman" series, the animated movie will feature "Desperate Housewives" actor James Denton as the voice of the Man of Steel, "Mad Men" actress Christina Hendricks as Lois Lane, and "Without a Trace" leading man Anthony LaPaglia as Lex Luthor. In the story, Superman is faced with mortality and has to decide what is truly important to the last survivor of Krypton.

Trailer link here: https://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/575735/all-star-superman.jhtml

These are all well and good, but it's getting pretty close to this:

DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and/or KINGDOM COME or GTFO.

All Star Superman is probably my favorite Supes arc of the last few years. Looking forward to seeing Quitely's art animated, but I'm not sure about the voice actors. YoSafBridge as Lois Lane is kinda odd to me. And I have no idea who this Denton guy is.

Do you think they'll adapt All Star Batman? That'd probably cause our heads to explode.

All Star Superman is probably my favorite Supes arc of the last few years. Looking forward to seeing Quitely's art animated, but I'm not sure about the voice actors. YoSafBridge as Lois Lane is kinda odd to me. And I have no idea who this Denton guy is.

Do you think they'll adapt All Star Batman? That'd probably cause our heads to explode.

All Star Batman was pure crap. All Star Superman was about the best Supes comic series I've ever read.... I can't see the trailer here at work but I'm super pumped for this :rock

All Star Batman was pure crap. All Star Superman was about the best Supes comic series I've ever read.... I can't see the trailer here at work but I'm super pumped for this :rock

I'll definitely check this arc out. :rock It sounds amazing.

It was crap, but it had its few awesome bat-____ crazy moments that I'd love to hear voice acted by Conroy. :lol

I'll definitely check this arc out. :rock It sounds amazing.

Morrison and Quitely did a great job on the series. I've never collected Superman in my life, and I've been a comic collector for over 30 years now, but if they would have kept doing the book I would have kept reading. Morrison handled the mythology of Superman with such care, it was just a blast from start to finish.

All-Star Superman was done really well especially since I'm not a huge fan of Morrison's writing although I'm disappointed they didn't give the Superman voice role to Tim Daly. He is Superman for me just like Kevin Conroy is Batman.

All-Star Batman was a disjointed mess, that didn't even fully finish but it would be interesting to see if they could make the film any better.

I'm really hoping for the Sinestro Corps War rumor to pull through and definitely wanting Dark Knight Returns, Red Son, Kingdom Come and Hush to be adapted.

All-Star Superman is easily my favorite take on the character. I can't wait to see this animated, and I am curious to see how some of the later issues get handled from a storytelling standpoint. I think I had to read issue 10 or 11 a couple of times to understand some of the feats that Grant had Superman achieving. Frank Quitely also delivered some of the most fun artwork I've seen in years on this book and Batman and Robin. This storyline is one of the best I've read in years for any character, and certain plot points just gush love for the Superman mythos. Highly recommended!

Personally if they were going for my own personal favorite take on the character it'd have to be Superman: Birthright. I loved the art and writing on that series and it perfectly (for me) incorporated a bit of the Smallville mythos into the modern Superman dogma.

Personally if they were going for my own personal favorite take on the character it'd have to be Superman: Birthright. I loved the art and writing on that series and it perfectly (for me) incorporated a bit of the Smallville mythos into the modern Superman dogma.

On a totally unrelated note I'd really love to ____ the ____ out of Shay Maria.

Winter of 2011 can't come soon enough. I plan on checking out the local book store for the TPB or HC of this one, in the meantime.

DC/WB love to pump these things out, it'll be as soon as possible knowing DC Animation.

Back