DC Direct Keaton Batman 1989 Product Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
m.keaton.bm_02.jpg

MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN BUST
SCULPTED BY JOSEPH MENNA

In honor of DC Comics' 75th anniversary, Michael Keaton's quintessential portrayal of Batman is presented in bust form.From Warner Bros.' ground-breaking, blockbuster 1989 movie BATMAN, Michael Keaton as Batman is poised for action as he prepares to throw his trademark Batarang. With a gothic-inspired base, the design is reminiscent of the architectural vision of designer Anton Furst's Academy Award-winning Gotham City.The MICHAEL KEATON AS BATMAN BUST is hand-painted, cold-cast in porcelain, measures approximately 5.75" high x 5.5" wide x 4.5" deep and is packaged in a 4-color box.Limited Edition. Manufactured to order.Advance-solicited;

on sale September 15, 2010 * Bust * $80 US

Re: DCD Michael Keaton Batman bust

Very cool to see Keaton Batman getting some collectible attention again, would love to see this spill over into Hot Toys figures and other products.

I like how they even distinguish the body armor vs the bodysuit rather than just making it all look the same.

Very cool to see Keaton Batman getting some collectible attention again, would love to see this spill over into Hot Toys figures and other products.

That's my thought on it as well... DCD released/announced some mediocre Christopher Reeve items; now HT is making a Reeve Superman happen.

Lets hope the same can happen for Keaton :rock :rock

That looks pretty nice. :rock I think something about his face/lips looks off, but I'll withhold judgment until we get some more pics.

I'm excited to see this just because, like some have said, an HT Keaton Bats is more and more likely.

I give this bust a 5 out of 10 though. The cowl is off and the jaw isn't quite as Keaton like as it should be.

It's off, but surprisingly more right than a lot of DCD stuff.

I just hope if HT picks this up, they do Batman and Joker at least, I'd happily spend $150-$200 on an HT Joker, the custom one sold around was too much money for a figure that required a lot of work so I never got it.

I'd be really curious to see how HT handled the leather capes of the pre-Nolan Batmans.

I don't need a Jack, and honestly doubt I'd buy a new one. But I could see getting a Keaton Batman as I could see HT really going to town with the suit :rock

Hopefully this is only the beginning of items coming from this movie. HT make me a Keaton!

YES!!! THERE IS HOPE!!!

It's not perfect but I'll buy this in hopes for more...

Yuck... Keaton.

And the likeness is baaaad.

I am curious to see what else DCD will put out in the Keaton Bats line.

I'll pass on this one but maybe they'll do a full sized statue with a more accurate cowl and sculpt. I'd love to see that. Maybe even a mixed media like the Batman and Superman statues.

BBTS also has the 1989 Batmobile for sale as part of the Elite Hot Wheels line. Hopefully this is a sign & we'll finally get a HT '89 Bats!

As someone has said, the eyes are too low, but otherwise it's suprisingly nice. I have no interest in busts or statues, but I view this as a place holder for the eventual HT figure that we're all hoping gets made.

Edit: the chin really looks like Keaton's chin and makes all previous customs look like caricatures.

BBTS also has the 1989 Batmobile for sale as part of the Elite Hot Wheels line. Hopefully this is a sign & we'll finally get a HT '89 Bats!

Not much of a sign though, 1989 Batmobile from Hot Wheels has been around for a few years now. I'm glad to have mine, they're pricey on ebay and even BBTS isn't cheap.

Back