COUNTERFEIT COSBABIES !!! BEWARE !!! Ebayer tunnel-idea

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tys1977

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just though I'd give you a heads up,
I've just recieved this today from a seller on ebay,
It's a copy of the Hot Toys Michael Jackson Cosbabies range,
I bought it for my Daughter who's a big Michael Jackson fan,when I opened it
THIS is what we found
Notice there's NO articulation
Also the packaging is a dead givaway,the slimeball can't even spell !!! as well as being FAR to big to be hot toys,
It's quite obviously counterfeit,

P1170312.JPG

P1170314.JPG

P1170319.JPG

P1170320.JPG

P1170316.JPG

P1170313.JPG

P1170317.JPG

P1170315.JPG

P1170311.JPG

P1170318.JPG

This is the seller named tunnel-idea

https://myworld.ebay.co.uk/tunnel-idea/

By the look of the feedback there's a few more people have been suckered too,although they don't appear to be collectors as they eveidently don't realise that they've been duped
I realise the item was cheap but hey we all get an ebay bargain now and then,

Just to warn you guys about them as I know there's a number of you who collect these,
Will let you know how I get on,
I've reported the seller to ebay and I've also filed a claim with paypal,

Listing https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300382904933

#EDIT# I've also emailed Hot Toys too,

Kindest regards
Tys

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they've been selling counterfeits of these for many months now, not just from this seller. I thought of buying some of these cosbabies before and I watched the prices for a while there. I saw many sets with suspiciously low BIN prices, which had me thinking they were counterfeit. Searching now though I don't really see any that seem immediately suspicious, but months ago it seemed like there were a lot.

whats the difference between people who recast MJ's billy jean's head?

I think theres quite a few here who bought them and proudly flaunt them as a 'custom' or kitbash.

whats the difference between people who recast MJ's billy jean's head?

I think theres quite a few here who bought them and proudly flaunt them as a 'custom' or kitbash.

Billie Jean is not my lover. :chew
LMAO :)

The difference for me is that people who buy the re-cast head are more than likely AWARE that they are buying a copy,I however was NOT aware and was mislead into buying an item that even though listed as a Hot Toys cosbaby,turned out to be fake :emperor

UPDATE
Got a full refund from the guy this morning,
I've still left negative feedback as I believe people need to know that what he is selling is illegal and a copy.
Strangely all the 'cosbabies' have now disappeared from his listings :)

So I guess all's well that ends well,
But a warning none th less for future reference,

Kindest regards
Tys

What the hell is a "Cosbaby"!? And what the hell is a "Moonealker"!? :lol

LOL yeah I know THAT'S how bad the counterfeit packaging was,they couldn't even spell, notice they spell MICHAEL as MICHEAL as well :)

A cosbaby or Cosbabies are Hot Toys cute versions of some of there products,there's a lot of ranges now including Ironman,Edward Scissorhands,Batman,MJ,Predator,POTA, etc etc

https://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=categories&category_id=6

Kindest regards
Tys

I mean I know what they are, as far as cute versions of characters. But I'm saying, what IS a "Cosbaby"!? Where did that name come from?

UPDATE
Got a full refund from the guy this morning,
I've still left negative feedback as I believe people need to know that what he is selling is illegal and a copy.
Strangely all the 'cosbabies' have now disappeared from his listings :)

Are you sure he wasnt a victim as well? as he did give you a refund, after sending you the stuff already, and have deleted of his similar cosbabies auctions.

I just think that leaving a negative feedback despite his efforts of making up to you and deleting his existing auctions just seems wrong.

You know what...
The original Cosbabies articulation actually makes the figures really fragile, so I think these might be a better solution for a kid actually... ;)

just saying...

Are you sure he wasnt a victim as well? as he did give you a refund, after sending you the stuff already, and have deleted of his similar cosbabies auctions.

I just think that leaving a negative feedback despite his efforts of making up to you and deleting his existing auctions just seems wrong.

Nope,
My concience is clear matey,people need to know if someone is selling fake gear,He described them as Cosbabies which they are not,sold me a fake product,
If I hadn't left feedback regarding the products after he refunded me It would have been like 'hush money' to me,
Also looking at his feedback there's alot more negatives appearing on there regarding these items,
What is even more annoying is that I mailed the guy before I bid asking if they were genuine HOT TOYS products to which he said yes and that they'd only took them out of the boxes to see which ones they were,which because they are a 'blind packed' product convinced to me that they were real Hot Toys figs,

Kindest regards
Tys

I mean I know what they are, as far as cute versions of characters. But I'm saying, what IS a "Cosbaby"!? Where did that name come from?

Sorry mate,
I didn't mean to sound patronising :eek:
Thought you hadn't seen 'em

Kindest regards
Tys

There are a lot of counterfeiters on ebay... usually easy to spot (from China, price is too low, photos look sketchy).

But I have to say, that headsculpt isn't bad for a counterfeit, looks pretty legit.

There are a lot of counterfeiters on ebay... usually easy to spot (from China, price is too low, photos look sketchy).

But I have to say, that headsculpt isn't bad for a counterfeit, looks pretty legit.

The head is the best part of it to be honest although it's too pale,however the body is solid ie no articulation at all and the paint on close inspection is quite sloppy

On his listings he actually used proper Hot Toys photos AND states that the product is articulated.
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300382904933
LOL just noticed as well that the hat DOESN'T have the black band round it either!

Kindest regards
Tys

Back