A Warning for Collectors who Sell on eBay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay is good for buyers but sellers really have no protection if a buyer opens up a case against them. I remember selling my blade 2 figure on ebay for $380 and a guy paid for it then said i hadn't sent him all the accessories(which i most certainly did as i double checked it) anyway he wanted a partial refund of $100 just for that and i had to give it to him or risk having the full refund cost against me. So ebay is good and bad but different people have differing experiences. Some are lucky and never have any issues with buyers but i think thats rare enough.

Ebay is good for buyers but sellers really have no protection if a buyer opens up a case against them. I remember selling my blade 2 figure on ebay for $380 and a guy paid for it then said i hadn't sent him all the accessories(which i most certainly did as i double checked it) anyway he wanted a partial refund of $100 just for that and i had to give it to him or risk having the full refund cost against me. So ebay is good and bad but different people have differing experiences. Some are lucky and never have any issues with buyers but i think thats rare enough.

They do have some protection, I have had them side with me a few times too.

Just as easy to be scammed right here on the boards, happened to me a couple times even.

They do have some protection, I have had them side with me a few times too.

Just as easy to be scammed right here on the boards, happened to me a couple times even.

yup agreed... exactly why i gave my methods of selling above. hasn't failed me yet.

So I sold a statue on eBay two days ago and the buyer still hasn't paid for it. How long should I wait before filing a claim?

So I sold a statue on eBay two days ago and the buyer still hasn't paid for it. How long should I wait before filing a claim?

Did you send an invoice?

I like to state "payment must be made within 3 days after auctions end" so a timeline is set. I'd just ask then when they plan on paying, and if not by a certain date I'll relist the auction.

Did you send an invoice?

I like to state "payment must be made within 3 days after auctions end" so a timeline is set. I'd just ask then when they plan on paying, and if not by a certain date I'll relist the auction.

Yes, I sent an invoice.

Strangely, they sent payment not long after I made that post. :slap

Just sayin' as a buyer - there's a lot of dings against China but hafta say so far - and I never buy expensive stuff, $100 for any outside-U.S. seller is about my limit unless it's a company like WETA - that a lot of the Asian sellers who fall over themselves communicating compared to U.S. sellers. Some of the packing I've gotten from Asia is mind-boggling.

Not always, but I had a U.S. seller respond to a question once "don't worry about it, it's fine...." so the item shows up and it's beautiful, thankfully, but that one made me raise my eyebrows since it was a pricey item. "It's fine" isn't an answer to a specific question just 'coz you are too lazy to type a good answer. Won't buy from the guy again.

I go back to folks who pack carefully and communicate, 'coz that tells me they want my business. Even if I don't answer a ship notice, I appreciate it. Lots of bubble wrap, careful tape, a few e-mails go a long way. So does complete honesty and GOOD pictures - if an item is damaged plz show pics and describe. Folks like me will buy for parts if price is fair but plz don't BS when selling. If buyer finds something on other end, be up front when communicating. I'm reasonable. I won't buy from fuzzy/tiny pics and it also tells me you don't care enough to even put up good pics - or you are trying to hide something. Treat me right and I'll put up good feedback and will come back to buy too.

WARNING! I wanted to take this moment to warn everyone about eBay seller action_figure_mania. He was selling an Exclusive Prime 1 Studios Megaton. After committing to buy the item and asked for shipping amount, he sent an email stating that I will have to pay more money (Totaling almost $1,800.00). After I contacted eBay and left negative feedback about his scam, he sends another email this morning threatening me with attacking my reputation. All fellow collector's, please be aware of this seller (action_figure_mania) on eBay. He is a scam artist who was caught and makes threats when negative feedback was rightfully provided.

WARNING! I wanted to take this moment to warn everyone about eBay seller action_figure_mania. He was selling an Exclusive Prime 1 Studios Megaton. After committing to buy the item and asked for shipping amount, he sent an email stating that I will have to pay more money (Totaling almost $1,800.00). After I contacted eBay and left negative feedback about his scam, he sends another email this morning threatening me with attacking my reputation. All fellow collector's, please be aware of this seller (action_figure_mania) on eBay. He is a scam artist who was caught and makes threats when negative feedback was rightfully provided.

well, how much was the sales price? and what is the reason for him to ask for more? and why did you not confirm with the shipping fee prior to purchasing the item?

without telling us the full story it's unfair to call him a scammer.

well, how much was the sales price? and what is the reason for him to ask for more? and why did you not confirm with the shipping fee prior to purchasing the item?

without telling us the full story it's unfair to call him a scammer.

Found it.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=action_figure_mania&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=371956085451&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Item:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDESHOW-Transformers-MEGATRON-PRIME1-Statue-GENERAT-1-acconto-PRENOTAZIONE-/371781801884

Yeah, in the feedback, the seller states that the listing was for a preorder, but the actual listing makes no mention of that as far as I can tell. It just lists a price of EUR 300, and that the item is "New Sealed" in the item description. Perhaps this is some way to try getting around paying more sellers fees to Ebay? Or perhaps just an oversight on the sellers part.

Yeah, in the feedback, the seller states that the listing was for a preorder, but the actual listing makes no mention of that as far as I can tell. It just lists a price of EUR 300, and that the item is "New Sealed" in the item description. Perhaps this is some way to try getting around paying more sellers fees to Ebay? Or perhaps just an oversight on the sellers part.

I see that happen all the time, buyers don't read the description hoping they are getting the statue for that cheap and freak when they are expected to pay the balance. I don't like that method myself.

I see that happen all the time, buyers don't read the description hoping they are getting the statue for that cheap and freak when they are expected to pay the balance. I don't like that method myself.

I agree, but in this case it would appear it was the seller that made the mistake of not making it clear it was a preorder, and that there would be additional charges when the item was actually in stock. People familiar with Prime 1 statue prices would probably know something didn't add up, but that info still needs to be made clear in the item description.

Well there was no description so that looks to have been an error by the seller or eBay. Still, buyers need to chill the hell out sometimes. All sellers are not a multi billion dollar company, little guys either get no feedback when they bend over backwards or people going nuts on us for minor issues.

Warning bump for people that might sell on eBay during the holiday season. Remember buyers can make a purchase from you and still attempt to return it in 2018 with eBay's policies. I still haven't found a replacement for eBay but I'm sure one will come along eventually...

Warning bump for people that might sell on eBay during the holiday season. Remember buyers can make a purchase from you and still attempt to return it in 2018 with eBay's policies. I still haven't found a replacement for eBay but I'm sure one will come along eventually...

I believe you have to agree to the extended holiday return policy, but I haven't checked it this year yet.

Whats your username so I can ban you from my eBay sales?

Back