Hawthorne Village Star Wars collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icruise

Super Freak
Reaction score
(Click for full-sized image)

You may have seen ads for these in some magazines. I was a little intrigued, but thought that the pictures looked totally fake and photoshopped. So I was interested to see this thread with pictures by a guy who bought the cantina. As I suspected, the actual thing looks nothing like the picture. Admittedly these are pretty small figures and the building doesn't look quite as bad, but I think this is pretty much false advertising.

I did a little side-by-side using a larger image of the ad and the actual in-hand figure. Not pretty.

hawthorne_village_luke.jpg

Last edited:
Don't really know much about these... but what is the scale? sure that looks bad when its 6" on a screen, but is it really like a 1/2" tall?

I like the cantina. I don't understand why it took so long to get miniature versions of iconic buildings from Star Wars. Yes the figure looks like crap but it's 1 1/2 inches tall, what do you expect?

$75 shipped for the cantina though? Ehhh... Maybe a bit too much IMO. I'd pay maybe $45-50 from a store where I can inspect it before I buy it.

I like the cantina. I don't understand why it took so long to get miniature versions of iconic buildings from Star Wars. Yes the figure looks like crap but it's 1 1/2 inches tall, what do you expect?

$75 shipped for the cantina though? Ehhh... Maybe a bit too much IMO. I'd pay maybe $45-50 from a store where I can inspect it before I buy it.

Yeah, but even that tall they could be better... just look at the detail on M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. 1 3/4" inches and were 4 for $1 :lol

After being painted:
kinnikuman.jpg

I recently got the Max Rebo band ornaments by Hallmark and I was really impressed by how well done the sculpt and paint were. They're less than an inch tall. So it's possible to do a good job even with small figures.

hallmark_keepsake_max_rebo_band.jpg

But the main issue in my mind isn't that they paint job is sub-par -- it's that they are clearly misrepresenting what the things look like in their ads.

Last edited:
I wonder if it'll be possible to just get the Jabba set by itself, or if you have to sign up for the subscription service and get the other ones as well. Of course, given the response this is getting they may not make it that far.

Icruise, did you ever see the model kit from Jabba's palace? I remember it from when I was a kid... very small scale, but was the whole throne room. Pretty cool and decent detail for the scale.

jabba002.jpg

Back