Medicom - Where The Wild Things Are - RAH Max 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thanks to poster 小冰冰 on ToyWorld.

Medicom 2009/10 Where The Wild Things Are RAH Max

Where The Wild Things Are is the timeless tale of a young boy named Max, who decides that he wants to run away and join with the Wild Things — a group of monsters that dwell in the forest of his imagination.

Medicom has also taken the distinctive characters of this Caldecott Medal-winning picture book and transformed them into a series of detailed Vinyl Collector Dolls. Characters such as Bull, Carol, Douglas, Ira, Judith, K.W., and Max & Alexander are each lovingly crafted into collector dolls that no fan of the classic book will want to miss.

The ultimate crown jewel of the Medicom line is Max as a detailed 12" RAH (Real Action Hero) action figure, as depicted below!

In Shops: OCT 2009
SRP: US$149.99

20090422_3b2806ec7e8a17dfd18cCy3cAk9jlyoc.jpg

https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14470&extra=page=1

Cool figure somewhat in time for the new movie.

They are making the monsters but in vinyl form.

"Medicom has also taken the distinctive characters of this Caldecott Medal-winning picture book and transformed them into a series of detailed Vinyl Collector Dolls. Characters such as Bull, Carol, Douglas, Ira, Judith, K.W., and Max & Alexander are each lovingly crafted into collector dolls that no fan of the classic book will want to miss."

$150 for that!?!!? Is that real fur or something?

I would be tempted to get the monsters if they look good and don't cost too much.

Just doesn't look right to me... I think McFarlane really did about as good a job as you could replicating the style of the book. This is okay, but kind of too generic. Although I guess this could be based on the actor in the film... but still I'd prefer a book version.

errr....what movie is this???
looks like a pretty cool figure!

<object width="450" height="303"><param name="movie" value="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9813"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9813" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="303" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Just doesn't look right to me... I think McFarlane really did about as good a job as you could replicating the style of the book. This is okay, but kind of too generic. Although I guess this could be based on the actor in the film... but still I'd prefer a book version.

I have to agree. Now if HT does a Max figure, that would be a different story. It'll be interesting to see how the vinyl figures look.

I have a couple of plush figures I need to dig out of storage.

<object width="450" height="303"><param name="movie" value="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9813"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.traileraddict.com/emd/9813" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="303" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

I have to agree. Now if HT does a Max figure, that would be a different story. It'll be interesting to see how the vinyl figures look.

I have a couple of plush figures I need to dig out of storage.

oooo, interesting, thks!

I wish they did how max looked in the childrens story. Medicom is at its best when it does anime figures, so it would have kicked ass.

total agreement there. mcfarlane pretty much nailed it. love em.

although personally at this scale i would like my wild thing monsters to be like i want my chewbacca.................all furred over.............:google...........:lol

So definitely does look like its from the movie... but the costume looks very off, too furry and not as iconic.

I am not sure I wouldn't want Max without any of the Wild Things.

Medicom is making the Wild Things in vinyl form, if that's any consolation:

"Medicom has also taken the distinctive characters of this Caldecott Medal-winning picture book and transformed them into a series of detailed Vinyl Collector Dolls. Characters such as Bull, Carol, Douglas, Ira, Judith, K.W., and Max & Alexander are each lovingly crafted into collector dolls that no fan of the classic book will want to miss."

Max looks waaay too generic. I love the book but I have a feeling it'll be bargain bin soon enough. No way its worth $150. Interested in some of the vinyl Wild Things though.

Back