I Was a Teenage Frankenstein/Werewolf review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's October, that month where a the little (and big) ghouls and goblins come out of the woodwork. Therefore it's fitting that tonight's review covers two such characters - Amok Time's I Was a Teenage Werewolf and I Was a Teenage Frankenstein. Yes, at first they might not appear to be much different than your average teen, but upon closer inspection you'll pick up on the subtle changes.

I'm a big fan of what Amok is doing, but these two were on the lower end of my scale, particularly Frank. Read the review, and you'll see why.

It's also an all sixth scale night, with Jeff Parker checking in with a guest review of the Hot Toys 75th Ranger. He liked this one quite a bit better than I liked the Frank. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a terrific weekend!

Michael
MWC

Excellent review, Mike! I picked the same nits, but love the source material so much i'll happily overlook them... (at least until i can repaint Frank's arms...)

didn't notice the socks, though... weird:confused:

How about finding something long sleeve from the Frankenstein? I'm not familiar with the movie, so I'm not sure if it would be movie accurate, but it would cover up the arms. Both are definite passes for me, although nice figures!

How about finding something long sleeve from the Frankenstein? I'm not familiar with the movie, so I'm not sure if it would be movie accurate, but it would cover up the arms. Both are definite passes for me, although nice figures!

yea, definitely not movie accurate. It was the t-shirt for Conway.

Whats funny is that if they bothered to paint the hands and forearms it wouldn't have been a big deal to add the rest of the arms. Or if they had just not painted anything it wouldn't have been as big of a deal :lol

Oh well, cool figures and who didn't expect growing pains.

Cheers Michael, I might try and get the teenage Werewolf for a freind (his nickname is Teenwolf.. it's an eyebrow thing!) but I tried getting Rondo but the shipping was just a no go!
And for some reason I had this song in my head as soonas I saw the reviews-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jJWQkVgDs4

Whats funny is that if they bothered to paint the hands and forearms it wouldn't have been a big deal to add the rest of the arms. Or if they had just not painted anything it wouldn't have been as big of a deal :lol

Oh well, cool figures and who didn't expect growing pains.

You know, the thought that crossed my mind was maybe they had extra arms produced when they did the NOTLD Zombie's regular arms...it might have been cost effective to have them do 1000 pairs of the painted arms all then, not thinking that the paint might not match up.

You know, the thought that crossed my mind was maybe they had extra arms produced when they did the NOTLD Zombie's regular arms...it might have been cost effective to have them do 1000 pairs of the painted arms all then, not thinking that the paint might not match up.

That's true... :duh

Great review! I saw the same problems, but overall I really dig both of mine. My werewolf is wonky as hell though and I don't use stands, so he's a hard one to get to stay up.

there pretty ausome, i remember when i was a teenage werewolf......for halloween that is..

Nice review,
I wonder if I could turn this:

bfff1-2.jpg

into this:

Wolf.jpg

Last edited:
I think there is just too much difference between the two in terms of sculpt and jacket design.

Back