Cloverfield figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prefused

Super Freak
Reaction score
discuss.

hasbro_cloverfield_monster_toy_.jpg

ps
uh, i just did a quick search to see if i missed a thread about it. and while i was looking, i couldn't figure out where to put it (alien? monster? indiana jones?) , so here it is.

pps
who else ordered one? how long are they keeping it "back ordered"? hasbro told me it'd ship today... didn't happen.
________
HEADSHOP

Last edited:
So old. So very very old....and very expensive. So very very expensive.
it's not old since it's from a movie released this year and just now got shipped out, and it's not expensive unless you work at denny's

oh, also would this be to scale with micro machines toys (1/72 scale)?
________
FERRARI F1 641

Last edited:
Man that thing is ugly, and I don't mean good ugly. The creature was cool when you could barely see any of it in the film, but in plain sight (in plastic form, no less), it's sorely disappointing. At $99, I agree with Celtic, it's too expensive for what it is. But if ya like it, more power to you.

Oh, and methinks the final production figure won't look as good as that promo mock-up in your opening post. I'd like to be wrong though.

it's not old since it's from a movie released this year and just now got shipped out, and it's not expensive unless you work at denny's

oh, also would this be to scale with micro machines toys (1/72 scale)?

The pics came out in january...and its a 100 bucks, for a Hasbro toy. No way would I pay that much.

Oh, and methinks the final production figure won't look as good as that promo mock-up in your opening post. I'd like to be wrong though.
i'm betting it'll be different since Hasbro based that promo fig on Neville Page's production designs and not the finished movie.

and i've definitely paid more than $100 on Hasbro stuff. this looks bigger than their Marvel build-up figures and those are $50-$80 loose.
________
Colds & flu forums

Last edited:
and i've definitely paid more than $100 on Hasbro stuff. this looks bigger than their Marvel build-up figures and those are $50-$80 loose.

Yeah but the Marvel build-A-figures count as accessories to the Marvel Legends toys themselves, and assuming you're the type who pre-orders his/her collectibles (I think you are, since you mentioned pre-ordering the Cloverfield toy), it's fairly easy to get the build-a-figure without having to resort to second market prices.

You said you've paid more than $100 on Hasbro "stuff", but was that all purchased at one time? Was it one figure, or multiple that totaled $100?

There aren't many Hasbro items (very very few) I'd pay $100 for nowadays.

It looks like something that crawled out of the bathtub!!, on screen at 100 ft plus tall = intimidating, at this scale it just looks pathetic!

You said you've paid more than $100 on Hasbro "stuff", but was that all purchased at one time? Was it one figure, or multiple that totaled $100?

There aren't many Hasbro items (very very few) I'd pay $100 for nowadays.
i picked up the new Millennium Falcon the other day. that was $170 after tax. there was an AT-AT that was $100 a few years ago. i think there was a Transformers Bumblebee figure that was like $80 when it first came out last year. that's just the stuff i know off the top of my head. you can check their website for other stuff.
https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=2
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited:
I knew it would be a Star Wars item that you'd pay $100 for. I don't buy much of anything from Hasbro, but their SW stuff is fairly cool.

Anyway, whenever you get your Cloverfield figure, post pics, plz.

I knew it would be a Star Wars item that you'd pay $100 for. I don't buy much of anything from Hasbro, but their SW stuff is fairly cool.

Anyway, whenever you get your Cloverfield figure, post pics, plz.
if i don't, somebody else will. they're selling fast, apparently.

so far the Falcon is worth every penny. i think this is the coolest Star Wars thing i've ever owned.
________
SUZUKI HAYABUSA HISTORY

Last edited:
Cool looking creature in the film (for what you can see of him) but as a toy its an oddity. Not something I'd personally be interested in.

And talk about striking while the iron is cold :lol

Yikes.. I don't like that thing at all...
I saw it at ComicCon, and looks pretty bad... besides the movie was waaaay overrated...

I liked the movie... thought it was fun, not the second coming, but still enjoyable. But nothing I'd need a big funky looking figure from.

Although a smaller cityscape diorama with the monter jacking stuff up would be kind of cool.

Sideshow Jabba on his throne is a close second for me.
yeah, well, if i wasn't running around buying Falcons and Cloverfields i could afford that.

so, it's probably a good idea for you to just sell me yours.
Although a smaller cityscape diorama with the monter jacking stuff up would be kind of cool.
see, that's why i was asking about the scale earlier. i know he comes with the liberty head, but that doesn't help much. he needs tanks and crap to smash, too. so, i'm assuming Micromachines/Action Fleet scale here.
________
Honda Juno History

Last edited:
Back