What Console To Buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Game Console is Best dvd/bluray/games

• Total voters

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am getting a new house in november and I want a new game system. One that plays SW unleashed and guitar hero and plays dvd/bluray.

Any help is mucho appreciatto.

Grassyass.

If you specifically want Blu-Ray the only option is PS3. I have all three "next-gen" systems and what I've found is that the best one for solo games is PS3. The best one for multiplayer games is XBOX 360 and the best for groups is the Wii. Just my two pennies. Choosing of the three if money isn't an option I'm always going with PS3 for the Blu-Ray capabilities alone though.

Taking out BR then 360 all the way. MUCH more user friendly and Live destroys Sony's free network.

I own a 360, and don't plan on buying a PS3 anytime soon....

However with that being said, I think you should go with a PS3. My 360's been in the shop twice (the second time was exactly one week from GTAIV's release) and as we speak it is acting strangely again. Apart from a random exclusive here and there, both consoles have the same titles, and most of the bigger titles, despite being exclusives when released, usually end up going multi-platform.

That's failing to mention instant Blu-ray, and if Sony can ever get their "Home" system off the ground it will blow Xbox Live out of the water (granted, that's a big "if").

I really dislike Sony and Playstation...but after the hell I've gone through with Xbox...I wish I would've gone with PS3.

ok. taking bluray out of the equation. :eek:

Just so you know, the 360 is supposed to get a BR add on drive later this year (identical to the HD drive they have). So getting a 360 wouldn't necessarily mean you won't get a BR player as well. I have a feeling it'll cost in the $150-200 range though.

Just so you know, the 360 is supposed to get a BR add on drive later this year (identical to the HD drive they have). So getting a 360 wouldn't necessarily mean you won't get a BR player as well. I have a feeling it'll cost in the $150-200 range though.

I heard that the 360 is droping in price to $199 for the one with no hard drive! Is this true?

PS3 I mean God of War 3 is only available on this Console
Need I say more? :D

umm... anything else. that game is way overhyped. buying a console for one game is kind of crazy, but doing it for a game that isn't coming out for well over a year is just dumb.
~~if you get a 360 make sure you can afford LIVE and Gears/Halo/ or whatever online game you might like.
~~if you get a PS3 make sure you can afford to buy MGS4, Uncharted, and some movies. (if you get Call of Duty 4 i'll see you online!!!)
~~if you get a Wii make sure you get extra controllers and booze, because once you have these you and your friends won't need much else besides Wii Sports that comes packaged with the system. (IMO this is the ultimate system for parties!!)

Back