Nemo's SSW Collection [new representation pic & URL]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nemo Nint

Nemo's SSW Collection [new representation pic & URL]

Latest update (June 29 2005):
I got a massive bust in the mail! And so I have taken numerous pictures and have put many of them on my flickr collection. The following is a picture I took a few minutes ago of 1 item from every license line of Sideshow Collectibles that I own items from. So I call this.. The Nemo Sideshow Collectibles Collection Council.

SC-COLLECTION-REPRESENTATION.jpg

Second post (most recent before above post):
Hi everyone! here's my link ... again! :)
I'm working on a site redesign, not a lot, but enough to improve it for slower connections. The site is on a really fast web server now, so it loads very quick if you have a good connection.

Just a note before I finish- The reason my site was originally at youarehere.afraid.org was because ever since I started making websites, I've just like the term "you are here" with a big arrow. I sometimes smile at seeing it pasted on a map in malls or around cities... So my original site was called the You Are Here site. Then I just kept calling it "You Are Here". Then through a college friend I found afraid.org which provides free subdomains under afraid.org. They're dynamic which means they can point to any computer on the internet at any time, and you have full control over it. They give the tools for hosting a website on your own computer. So long story short, I have been hosting my entire site that was pointed to by my previous address on the computer I'm using to type this right now. It was pretty good during last summer, and lately it's been pretty reasonable, but it's not professional. Just not fast enough for a graphic-intensive site. So... that's the story. I'll point yah afraid to my new site for several months, then I'll remove it.
Enjoy :)

sideshowweta.nemonint.com
formerly youarehere.afraid.org

Original post:
Hi, well here's my link everyone. :)

Hope you like my site. I've had it in operation for just under one month now. It's great fun!

I lack a digital camera, so it's difficult for me to get really high quality pictures of my items, but when I sometimes have access to a digicam, I take pix as much as possible. I hope any visitor from here will enjoy it!

Re: Nemo's Sideshow Weta Collectibles

I like the layout of your site Nemo. And the pics remind me of those 3-D pictures you used to get out of bubblegum machines. They have a very surreal, dreamy quality to them. Very cool.

Hahaha!
Thanks a lot dstephan!
I was not anticipating people commenting on my site (just posted for the link to be there.. ) much less the images i made. hey thanks a lot. The site is hosted on my home desktop PC and pointed to by a dynamic subdomain and I changed houses a few weeks ago, and the internet connection here only allows an 8 kilobyte per second upload.. so that's the fastest people can access my site at.. absolutely BRUTAL. However, I have called up the internet provider and am getting the connection upgraded so I'll have exactly 100 KBps upload (Edit:: just checked, it's 800 Kbps upload). So you could all download a megabyte off my comp in 10 seconds.

Anyway the reason I said all that is because I needed to cheat in my web design a bit, by shrinking the size of the front page images and then using the width and height attributes of the img tags in HTML to double the dimensions.

I have large-sized sharp, very nice quality versions of those pictures you commented on. I may switch to them when I get the faster internet!

Edit:: Got super fast connection today, site is great! Switched front page images to nice sharp "blended" images!

I'm going to update this eventually.
I've put up my Gilgalad and Elessar pictures.

Great site Nemo! I also love the "softness" on the photos. Gausian Blur effect? Keep up the good work! Good luck with ramping up the bandwidth.

My effect that I made up may have been developed by someone else at some point and turned into some filter effect in some current high end programs, but as far as I'm concerned I've never seen it done anywhere else.

It's basically a blurry version of the picture with the more prominent lines and textures of the picture sorta "etched" on top. The transparent background images I use on my scroll background are GIF files obviously, becuase I can't have transparent backgrounds with JPG. but I have JPG versions of those pictures and the effect is more clear in them 'cause of the colour depth.

That's a little blurb. :)
I am proud of my effect ;) I made it up by accident one day when I was messing around with a friend's picture for like half an hour and I was doing all sorts of crazy stuff, and all of a sudden I made her look gorgeous in this one pic, and I was like "WHOA! that's awesome!"
so I figured out the steps I took to get to that picture, then I experimented around and basically found what works best in that method on most general images. :)

*shrug* it's nothing special, but it does look kinda nice.

I just added pages for my Golden Hall and Helms Deep sculptures, plus I'm touching up the layout of my pages. So far I've removed some affiliate banner advertisements to Sideshow because they were getting a bit too plentiful.

On each of the index pages for each section (statues, busts, other items, etc) I have made the link images that go to individual sculptures be small and contained in a nice box and I finally got the correct CSS coding to make the red boarder show up properly when you move the mouse over an image. It was screwed up and behaving different from Internet Explorer to Firefox, but now it's great!

um...
Also I'm thinking of putting more stuff on. :)
It's quite time consuming!

wow, i really like the site... great job on it, and it seems as though you have a really nice collection...

I just added a picture to the starting post of this thread, to represent my collection of all things from Sideshow Collectibles!

Ms. Queen arrived, safe and sound I assume. :banana

Back