My stealth replacement update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKARY

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got this emailed to me today :

Sideshow Collectibles would like to keep you updated as to the status of your replacement Exclusive Stealth Iron Man Comiquette (item# 71552). We appreciate your patience during this process as we work diligently to deliver to you an item that meets all of your expectations.

REPLACEMENTS ARE COMPLETED!
We anticipate our replacement inventory to arrive into our warehouse in split shipments, over the next month or so. Once each shipment arrives, all items will be subjected to another quality control inspection by our staff. All statues that pass this inspection will be used to fulfill replacement requests on a first returned, first replaced basis.

WHEN IS YOUR REPLACEMENT SHIPPING?
Since we may in fact not be able to use all of the replacements that we receive, it is hard for us to tell how many replacement requests can be fulfilled from each split shipment. When a replacement item becomes available for you, we will e-mail you with your replacement order number. When your item physically leaves our warehouse, you will receive another e-mail containing your tracking information.

At this time, we would like to offer you a rough estimate of when your Stealth Iron Man should arrive and be sent out to you.

Damaged piece received on: 04/17/08
Estimated arrival of replacement into Sideshow warehouse: week of 06/09/08
Estimated ship date of your replacement week of: 07/14/08

So guess i'm looking to get it on the week of my vacation good thing it's going to my work!!

got my replacement a few weeks ago...mint and lights up....the way it should have come the first time....be patient man..it will pay off!

I got the same message. Looks like some folks will not get a replacement.

Damaged piece received on: 03/10/08
Estimated ship date of your replacement week of: 06/23/08

based on that email, you probably right...some may not get their replacement if it's still available.

I got the same message. Looks like some folks will not get a replacement.

Congrats! I hope you decide to keep it.

Oh it's a keeper!! I loved it when i first got it only thing that was wrong with the one I got before was a piece of his knuckle was missing so that was a bummer since it did not have the rub issues like others but can't wait for this puppy to come home I'm thinkin of having someone do a pencil sketch of this to frame and put behind it found someone whos sketching i like and only $65 not a bad price for the quality but I will wait for my replacement before I do that also going to do the same with my Captain america as well.

Last edited:
What makes you say that?

From the email:

Since we may in fact not be able to use all of the replacements that we receive, it is hard for us to tell how many replacement requests can be fulfilled from each split shipment. When a replacement item becomes available for you, we will e-mail you with your replacement order number. When your item physically leaves our warehouse, you will receive another e-mail containing your tracking information.

From the email:

So does that mean that SS was just repainting the defective ones, rather than starting a new batch? That how I thought it would have been done because of costs, but there was discussion about just dedoing them from scratch, unless I'm mistaken.

I am guessing that they expect some of the replacements to arrive at their warehouse damaged. Does this leave some folks SOL? Maybe...

To anticipate the returns & replacements, Sideshow usually makes more items than the actual edition size states. I can only assume that they did the same in the case of the SIM replacements: make a few replacements more than actually needed. I may be wrong, but I guess that this mail rather means that, depending on the amounts of the first and second batch, they can't exactly tell when we will get our replacements: sooner or later. But I strongly trust that all collectors that received a damaged SIM and wanted a replacement for it, will get one. Firstly, because SSC said so, and secondly, because I only went ahead and destroyed my SIM (I'm in the EU) after I've been guaranteed a replacement for it. It's not the time to get paranoid just yet! I still trust we'll get our replacements.

I'm guessing they made more replacements than needed, like alice said. It would only make sense for them to not want to risk it. SS also tends to give warnings so they won't disappoint. I think they are just saying it in case there is some kind of freak accident. If anything, I'm wondering if there will be leftovers and it will hit the wait list.

Damaged piece received on: 04/17/08
Estimated ship date of your replacement week of: 07/14/08

:woo

Hulk-PF.gif

At this time, we would like to offer you a rough estimate of when your Stealth Iron Man should arrive and be sent out to you.

Thank you Sideshow!! :D

So you guys think that getting an estimated ship date is a confirmation that you are definitely going to get the SIM replacement? Hope it is, cause I got it too. I've noticed that some have end of June as date, others beginning of July. Could be batch one/two related? I've even seen end of July dates, but that's for people waiting on their second replacement. Guess it is only fair to see to it that every one who's on the wait-list for a replacement gets one first, before SSC starts replacing the replacements. On the other hand, I think that everyone that receives a damaged item is entitled for a replacement.

When I called to send my broken one back I asked them if i was guaranteed a replacement otherwise I would keep it and get it fixed myself and was told that I was guaranteed a replacement so I am not concerned. The comment about that the replacements are done I think means that anyone from this point who gets a bad one and tries to return it will get their money back and not another one.

Back