MEDICOM GHOST IN THE SHELL MOTOKO!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great!

I still have my original 1/6 Motoko figures from about 5 years ago. They don't look nearly as detailed, but I doubt I'll ever get rid of them.

great, after I put in a bid for the takara one on e-bay.....

I think i like the costume on the takara one more though. perhaps mix and match?

Yeah the price is a bummer, but a lot of times after a few months of the release you can get good deals.

Those Takara Motokos were all over the place and could be had for as little as $25 at one point. But this does look better. Still not a convinced Anime fan though - especially when it comes to female figs.

I'm not a die-hard anime fan, but Ghost in the Shell, along with Akira, are the two of my favorites.

And speaking of Akira- has anyone ever done 1:6 figures?

Those Takara Motokos were all over the place and could be had for as little as $25 at one point. But this does look better. Still not a convinced Anime fan though - especially when it comes to female figs.

Are you getting confused with the Toynami ones? There was a black suited one and a military camo suited one. They were from the manga I think. GitS 2.

Are you getting confused with the Toynami ones? There was a black suited one and a military camo suited one. They were from the manga I think. GitS 2.

Those are the ones I have. I remember buying mine from the discount bin at EB for about $20 each. I think they were marked down half-price.

And speaking of Akira- has anyone ever done 1:6 figures?

Yep, Medicom did two figures about 10 or so years back. Very small runs (I think less than 500) of Kaneda and a soldier. The Kaneda sells for an assload of money. I've heard $2000+, although thats 2nd hand info.

I really hope one day they revisit the license, I'd drop $150 for a good Kaneda in a heartbeat :rock

can someone post a screen grab of her in that costume?

i've scoured the web dude, but couldn't find anything exactly like that. i only have the movie, not SAC so couldn't check for sure. i think the closest thing from SAC is this:

gits-sac_kusanagi242.jpg

i think this'll look amazing with hot toys deunan. but i would have much preferred a movie version of the major.

as for the akira figs - they look awesome, but apparently the tailoring wasn't great and arms and legs were prone to snapping.
medi-kane1.jpg
medi-kane2.jpg
medi-box.jpg

It was put on sale at the Wonder Festival in Japan in 2000 with an edition size of 300 (originally at ¥15,000, about $150?). There was so much demand for them that the people allowed to buy them had to be drawn by raffle tickets. The crowd was in a frenzy, so much so that some of the people working at the exhibition were hurt. The very next day, they were going on Japanese auction sites for ¥100,000 (about $1000?).

i've scoured the web dude, but couldn't find anything exactly like that. i only have the movie, not SAC so couldn't check for sure. i think the closest thing from SAC is this:

gits-sac_kusanagi242.jpg

i think this'll look amazing with hot toys deunan. but i would have much preferred a movie version of the major.

as for the akira figs - they look awesome, but apparently the tailoring wasn't great and arms and legs were prone to snapping.
medi-kane1.jpg
medi-kane2.jpg
medi-box.jpg

It was put on sale at the Wonder Festival in Japan in 2000 with an edition size of 300 (originally at ¥15,000, about $150?). There was so much demand for them that the people allowed to buy them had to be drawn by raffle tickets. The crowd was in a frenzy, so much so that some of the people working at the exhibition were hurt. The very next day, they were going on Japanese auction sites for ¥100,000 (about $1000?).

She does wear that outfit in Solid State Society, altho sometimes she has the coat over it as well.

As for Akira figures, WF2000 was quite the event and ppl were really killing each other for the figures. If you were lucky enough to draw a Kaneda you could have easily sold him and used the yen to buy tons of other exclusives at the show. Today, the only one that still really goes for $$$ is Kaneda. The 2 soldiers while not cheap can be had for a reasonable amount of $$$. Kaneda on the other hand can still go anywhere fromn $1000-$1800+ depending on how many ppl want him at the time. The cruel thing about these 3 figures is that they are all sealed in a windowless box so you have to break the seal in order to even look at the figures.

Honestly coming from someone who owns them the tailoring is not that bad, altho it could obviously be done better now and the body was the Cro Magnon body which is more or less the predecessor to the current 301 body. Kaneda goes great with the 1/6 Volks Kaneda Bike. If time permits, I may do a gallery of both in the future.

tendou, a gallery would be awesome!!! didn't volks also make kaneda and tetsuo 1/6 figures, but there were some complications and they were never released?

tendou, a gallery would be awesome!!! didn't volks also make kaneda and tetsuo 1/6 figures, but there were some complications and they were never released?

I plan on it one day but it's hard with so many things to shoot. Yes Volks also did 1/6 Kaneda and Tetsuo. They are great figures but I never got around to assembling them and painting them. The volks version are more like action doll model that you need to paint and dress. Also the Volks ones are based on the Manga version. They were technically never released but they can be acquired if you know the right ppl.

As for the complications let's just say Otomo doesn't get along with Medicom and Volks..

Back