A Wife's Response

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
My wife just noticed I made a bid for something on ebay. Here is her response: :lol :lol :lol

KEITH!!! You did a best offer on it 3 times!!!! YOU NEED TO STOPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! STOP SPENDING MONEY ON YOUR TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When a man came home from work one day, his wife greeted him in her best lingerie and told him that he could tie her up and do whatever he wanted. So when he tied her up....

He left her there and went golfing.

My wife just noticed I made a bid for something on ebay. Here is her response: :lol :lol :lol

KEITH!!! You did a best offer on it 3 times!!!! YOU NEED TO STOPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! STOP SPENDING MONEY ON YOUR TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Good for her, someone needs to be responsible. :monkey5 :lol

My wife just ignores me. She thinks I'm an idiot. I can't really argue with her.

When a man came home from work one day, his wife greeted him in her best lingerie and told him that he could tie her up and do whatever he wanted. So when he tied her up....

And that was the best decision he ever made in life.

That's only true if the guy is gay or if his wife resembles The Kraken.

:lol

That's only true if the guy is gay or if his wife resembles The Kraken.

:lol

Not necessarily. Sometimes it's not worth it. Man, last couple women I went through were "AHHHH!" :slap :chug <---- emoticons tell it best. Well, my reaction to said women. hehe

But I love them. Unfortunately, I haven't found the "right girl" yet.

Anyway, do whatever makes you happy Badmoon but understand your wife lives with you and has to see this stuff every day. hehe It's about a happy medium..

Also, we as collectors have to decide what we can and can not take on. I am getting to the point where my house is filling up fast and I need to realize what should stay and what needs to go. I can't imagine what kind of place I would need 20 years from now if I am still into collecting hardcore. lol

Last edited:
I am admittedly weak in the presence of a hot female, particularly if she's naked or near-naked. I don't care how long we've been together, if I were in that same scenario playing golf would be the furthest thing from my mind.

Then again, this probably explains why I had 3 children by the time I was 32. :lol

She is a riot. She just sent me this too! The thing is she is probably right. :rotfl

Compulsive shopping or spending can be a balm for depression, anxiety and loneliness. It also can occur when a person feels depressed, lonely and angry. Shopping and spending will not assure more love, bolster self-esteem, or heal the hurts, regrets, stress, and the problems of daily living. It generally makes these feelings worse because of the increased financial debt the person has obtained from compulsive shopping.

How can you tell if you are a compulsive shopper?
Shopoholics, when they are feeling "out of sorts, shop for a " pick-me-up." They go out and buy, to get a high, or get a "rush" just like a drug or alcohol addict. Shopping addiction tends to affect more women than men (unless those med are addicted to "collectable movie figurines"). They often buy things they do not need. Many shopping addicts go on binges all year long and may be compulsive about buying certain items, such as shoes, kitchen items or clothing, The Dead figures, Meticom action figures, and Aliens Hot Toys "Model Kits"... some will buy anything.

How do you control and treat this condition?
It is recommended that spending addicts seek professional counseling or a self-help group to deal with this problem. However, online message boards that bring together groups of people with the same "problem" may often cause more damage than not in the dealing with such compulsive and obsessive behaviors.

well you could always pull the house of wax and your wife becomes a permanent part of your collection.i am just joking here. i don't want the FBI showing up interrogating my ass for giving a suggestion...

Guess that's why I don't want to get married, don't want someone nagging me 24/7. If they did, when they strapped me into the chair, I would tell them that the murder was just.

My wife says I'm a compulsive shopper, my wife says that I buy spend every cent I have on "Toys" and my wife says that I need to be on a budget or I'd spend us out of house and home........you know what? She's right. :lol

I am admittedly weak in the presence of a hot female, particularly if she's naked or near-naked. I don't care how long we've been together, if I were in that same scenario playing golf would be the furthest thing from my mind.

Then again, this probably explains why I had 3 children by the time I was 32. :lol

No No. I am weak for women too. I fall for every woman that looks and flirts with me. I wished women would do that for me. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. With me, it usually works all the time as long as they are cute. hehe

So I can't blame you. And 3 kids only? Man, you should have six or seven by now! You're not even trying! You need to shore up the Irish numbers! :rock :rock

Yes, I am Irish.

And Scottish.

And German.

And Polish.

And Ukrainian. lol

She is a riot. She just sent me this too! The thing is she is probably right. :rotfl

Compulsive shopping or spending can be a balm for depression, anxiety and loneliness. It also can occur when a person feels depressed, lonely and angry. Shopping and spending will not assure more love, bolster self-esteem, or heal the hurts, regrets, stress, and the problems of daily living. It generally makes these feelings worse because of the increased financial debt the person has obtained from compulsive shopping.

How can you tell if you are a compulsive shopper?
Shopoholics, when they are feeling "out of sorts, shop for a " pick-me-up." They go out and buy, to get a high, or get a "rush" just like a drug or alcohol addict. Shopping addiction tends to affect more women than men (unless those med are addicted to "collectable movie figurines"). They often buy things they do not need. Many shopping addicts go on binges all year long and may be compulsive about buying certain items, such as shoes, kitchen items or clothing, The Dead figures, Meticom action figures, and Aliens Hot Toys "Model Kits"... some will buy anything.

How do you control and treat this condition?
It is recommended that spending addicts seek professional counseling or a self-help group to deal with this problem. However, online message boards that bring together groups of people with the same "problem" may often cause more damage than not in the dealing with such compulsive and obsessive behaviors.

I should have pointed out to her that Medicom is spelled wrong. :D

Back