Gentle Giant Darth Vader Kneeling Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent0028

Inebriated
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone saw this figure at SDCC. It says it's 11.5 inches tall, but in 1/6 scale. I know Vader's tall, but I didn't think he was that tall... I'm just trying to figure out if I have room for him. Thanks pallies!

I remember seeing pics on this one from Toy Fair and it looked amazing. It had a light-up base, as well, if not mistaken. Curiously, I haven't heard a thing about this one being at SDCC.

It was @ SDCC. Bigger than I expected but not as impressive at the same time. I have it on order but will probably end up giving this one the axe.

Here's a pic I took while looking at it.

IMG_2343.jpg

Yeah thanks for the pic, it looks great to me. I'm still on the fence about it. Plus I have to see if I actually have somewhere to put it. So what's kinda putting you off on it?

Thanks for the pic, Josh. That does look amazing. What didn't impress you about this one?

I think I was just expecting more. Not sure what more but more if that makes sense. It was nice but after seeing it in person I just didn't feel the need to have it.

I think I was just expecting more. Not sure what more but more if that makes sense. It was nice but after seeing it in person I just didn't feel the need to have it.

I think the something more you need is for it to say Sideshow Collectibles on the base instead of Gentle Giant.:monkey5

I can understand what you mean by wanting more, I felt a little underwhelmed with my PF Vader. I agree, if this were made in to a PF it would rock.

I can understand what you mean by wanting more, I felt a little underwhelmed with my PF Vader. I agree, if this were made in to a PF it would rock.

Thats how I felt about it really. Just a little underwhelmed by it. I've got the first GG statue which I might sell to keep this and go with that and my PF combo.

Josh - I think you're nuts on this one! :D This statue rocks! The light-up base is an amazing touch. I'm very much looking forward to adding this to my collection. As a Vader freak - this is a MUST have for me.

It certainly is better than the first statue, but that was incredibly disproportionate. If you want a GG Vader, I would think it to be a must-have.

It certainly is better than the first statue, but that was incredibly disproportionate. If you want a GG Vader, I would think it to be a must-have.

I am seriously considering getting this. I think it looks really nice.

Josh - I think you're nuts on this one! :D This statue rocks! The light-up base is an amazing touch. I'm very much looking forward to adding this to my collection. As a Vader freak - this is a MUST have for me.

I'm nuts. I can't argue that. :lol I don't know it just didn't hit me but I'm still gonna end up keeping it. I can't kid myself enough to cancel it but I may end up selling the other one.

Those are TOMY imports that will coming later on. There's also Fett, and apparently they've made a few different Trooper prototypes that haven't been approved by Lucasfilm yet. Basically, they're like mini Medicom RAH figures, but with metal bodies instead of plastic.

On the kneeling Vader, I think it looks sweet! If I had unlimited space I would be all over this one. ....hell, I would sell my GG ROTS Vader to make space, but he only goes for about $100 right now. Those high ES GG statues definitely don't hold their value, that's for sure....

Back