Has the PT improved with time?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has the PT improved with age?

• I like it more now

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • I like it less now

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I never liked it

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • I always liked it

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is it better now than you remembered it? Or will it always be trash? Please vote!

I've never had a problem with most of it (TPM is my least favourite), but with the passage of time it feels more "classic" to me now.

It's not as bad as I remember it. I actually went through and re-watched everything again, behind the scenes footage, and other things. A lot of new technology was being introduced in these movies. I think the only thing I dont really care for is some of the dialogue in Attack of the Clones with Anakin and Padme. I think Im also a little bias because the Clone Wars really added a lot more story to Star Wars.

Suppose I'd have to watch them again to give a fair answer.......I'm not willing to do that.

'Unsure but doubt it' is what I'll say instead.

I’ve rewatched them recently with my kids, none of them are good in my eyes and my only view that has changed is that AOTC is truly wretched, there’s not a single great moment in that one. The entire thing is misguided and weak. I can’t believe I used to think this one was ok.
TPM is still bad except for the duel and ROTS is solid but with some wretched bits as well. I don’t need to go into any more detail we all know the bad stuff.

I have always enjoyed them and voted so but I will add that AOTC wears it’s m’ladys more awkwardly than it’s brothers.

Loved them as a kid. When I rewatched them when I was a little older, I cringed quite a bit. But I have since come to love them again.

I've always liked the ideas behind them, but TPM and AOTC are some of the worst films I have ever seen... Certainly not the worst, but close. It's been almost ten years since I last watched it, but I remember liking ROTS (mainly because it went for a darker tone, as opposed to the juvenile antics of the other two which I despised). Still, the Maul fight is one of the best scenes in the entire series. My view is also bias because I watched TCW.

Ultimately I would say the first two have gotten worse with time because the CGI is just so BAD, but based on memory I would say ROTS still holds up aside from some crigney acting bits.

I think this is what most people can agree on (except maybe Jye and Khev!)

:lol :lol :lol

Last edited:
Is it better now than you remembered it? Or will it always be trash? Please vote!

I've never had a problem with most of it (TPM is my least favourite), but with the passage of time it feels more "classic" to me now.

TPM is actually my Fav of the three. I love the Pod race and the Duel of the Fates saber fight. Music in this one is by far the best in the PT. QUi Gon is my fav PT character and the Federation aliens make me laugh because of the awful Asian accents :lol

Maul Rules and the Emperor is at his best of the PT in this one.

Jar Jar is the black eye for sure.. His dated Cgi bothers me more then the way he acts :lol

It also uses real sets the most and thus feels the most like the OT to me.

AOTC is my least fav and was my least fav SW film until TLJ. I find very little to be interesting. Anakin killing the Sand People was cool.. It kinda ends there for me. I do like the Aliens in the Arena fight.. The love Story is awful and the final battle scene is a bore fest IMO

ROTS I want to love but I just have too many issues with how poorly they handled Vader. I mean he does nothing accept kill Younglings, unarmed Aliens, and then when he fights a real Jedi he gets his but kicked. The Emperor is too over the top and I hate the Emperor / Yoda duel... Blah.

There are videos called "everything great about". Its a play on the "Everything wrong with" videos and he does the PT.

Lots of fan theories he throws around there but he did help me find some good in the PT.

Plus after the ST I find much more enjoyment with these films.

Age does not improve bad writing or bad acting. Age also does not give excessive CGI a charm that can be found in other forms of special effects. It ages and highlights how using it in such an unrestrained way will distract and ruin any immersive feeling your film will have.

To me TPM is still the strongest of the three, it looks and feels more like a Star Wars film than AOTC and ROTS. By those two, the idea of locations and sets had been pretty much abandoned and the cartoon feel had really taken over. AOTC has nothing going for it, and ROTS is rushed at the end to tie everything up and in the process cheapens any drama or weight the situtaion had. Then there is the Vader scene we have waited three films for....

They do have a degree of design and detail that pushed the Star Wars universe in new directions that is sadly missing from the Disney era but that alone is not enough to save the mess that was the misguided prequel trilogy.

Misguided...you said like you understand Star Wars better than the creator.

Lucky Star Wars was invented by George Lucas so million of people could enjoy it (despite the difference between OT & PT). Not the current Disney abomination.

Simon Pegg certainly felt that way!

I guess one of the reasons I accept the PT more than most is I was open to George's new ideas, rather than having preconceptions of my own.

George's new stuff was fine. But the tainting of the old was unforgivable IMO. If Hayden Christensen was just some random whiny Jedi and Kid Fett was a brand new character then I wouldn't feel the need to write-off AOTC and ROTS even with their horrible acting, dialogue, and dreadful CG sets.

Simon Pegg certainly felt that way!

I guess one of the reasons I accept the PT more than most is I was open to George's new ideas, rather than having preconceptions of my own.

I never had too much issue with his ideas for the trilogy, just the execution of it. His shoehorning PT elements into the OT and not ever rereleasing again the original versions of the OT is really his greatest crime.

Phantom Menace is still painfully bad. The other two I can live with. Still love the overall story, but especially the “comic relief” and little Anakin in PM is the worst...

Back