Media Battlefield 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
The rumors were true, the next Battlefield will be set in WW1! I'm not sure about this personally, but I guess we shall see...

I'm definitely curious to see how they handle weapons. I mean I don't know a whole hell of a lot about WWI weapons but I can't imagine that there was a whole lot of variety. Not compared to WWII and everything after that.

Well I'm glad we're going back in time instead of sticking with modern or futuristic setting. I say bring it on!

The $219.99 collector's edition has also been revealed. Will any of you be picking it up?

battlefield1collectorsedition.jpg

Still not as expensive as the Final Fantasy XV ultimate collector's edition though. :lol

I'm definitely curious to see how they handle weapons. I mean I don't know a whole hell of a lot about WWI weapons but I can't imagine that there was a whole lot of variety. Not compared to WWII and everything after that.

There'll be plenty of variety. Bolt action rifles, pistols, sub-machine guns, shotguns, flamethrowers, swords, lances, machine guns, grenades, poison gas. They said they will also have melee combat.

Well I'm glad we're going back in time instead of sticking with modern or futuristic setting. I say bring it on!

The $219.99 collector's edition has also been revealed. Will any of you be picking it up?

View attachment 263056

Still not as expensive as the Final Fantasy XV ultimate collector's edition though. :lol

Geez, nowadays, every game has the obligatory statue/steelbok/artbook combo slapped on and called it Limited/Collector's/High Rollers Edition. And 99.9% of these statues are Happy Meal quality. This is why I just stick to regular edition and put that money on a Hot Toy instead.

WW1 setting is great but modern visual style makes me very sad.
The teaser, with it's crappy milanial music, made me puke.

I want to like Battlefield games but I can't afford to like Battlefield games.

Sure you can, BF4 (the best option for now) is £7 on Origin currently. It's a cracking game, they are even giving away one of the DLC's for free currently.

Im glad they have gone back to ww1. this should be pretty awesome. Very refreshing. Not a jet pack in sight.

WW1 setting is great but modern visual style makes me very sad.
The teaser, with it's crappy milanial music, made me puke.
Modern visual style? What would you prefer? Black and white? Also, a Jack White remix isn't "crappy milanial (millennial) music."

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I agree. If they can get it looking on a same or maybe better level to battlefront with this setting, it should be pretty awesome.

Something that looks as good as Battlefront, but actually has a decent game within it sure would be nice. My main worry is that the WW1 setting will limit what we have to play with after being spoiled in BF3/4 for so long. But I suppose it could be a good thing in a way if they can make it interesting in other ways. Trench warfare could be fun in a game like this I suppose, it will just have to be exaggerated of course.

Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 and Forza Horizon 3 this Fall... :clap :yess:

I don't know, frostbite seems to be quite an efficient engine. BF4 runs just fine on ultra on my 3 year old system, and Battlefront (aside from being a terrible game) ran fine also. I wouldn't rush to upgrade just for this until we get more details.

Back