Sideshow Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like Sideshow is at it again. There are some differences it looks like.
star-wars-darth-vader-sixth-scale-feature-1000763.jpg
Fully articulated Darth Vader body
Finely tailored costume featuring a two-piece fabric body suit, quilted vest, pants, undershirt, inner robe and cape
Detailed helmet portrait and body armor elements
Newly sculpted codpiece
Sculpted boots
Chest box and belt boxes with light-up features
Lightsaber hilt without blade
Lightsaber hilt with attached blade
Eight (8) newly sculpted interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of hands for holding belt boxes
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of hands for holding lightsaber
- Right 'force' gesture hand
- Left pointer hand
Hexagonal shaped figure stand

looks like some new hands. maybe a new codpiece and body? but not enough to warrant a new, more basic figure than the last effort

Wait, what? Another Vader?

Come on, Sideshow. Where's my Walrus Man?

Yes! I'm right there with you. SideShow makes exceptional aliens, I think this would be a great project for them to undertake.

SSC is getting desperate. All these re-releases. Should have got it right the first time. Pass. I will wait for HT's.

...waits for the inevitable announcement of the Hot Toys EP V Vader; one day after this is in people's hands...

(and like the SS Vader--not in my hands)

:rotfl

Confidence is hard to come by, and even harder once lost.

So this is another re-release. Minor changes, taken away the deluxe display stand and no removable helmet, and charged $5 more.

I don't mind a re-release, but why do it when the previous one almost just like it is still for sale?

Edit: Did the Deluxe finally sell out?

I dont know whose worse with the re-releases, George Lucas or Sideshow? This company is on a decline. Simple common sense is just something they do not possess. Most of there figues have been lackluster as of late, thus making me turn towards Iron Studios for better quality. I really hope Sideshow gets that 1/4 Vader right, however I will keep expectations low.

Whats irritating is the fact they pull accessories that were in the original release and charge the same. (i.e. light up bases)
No shame in making money or re-releasing but we already have a "preconception" of what this figure should include based on the first release.

Its like releasing Pink Floyd The Wall without Comfortably Numb. Yes, we heard it and have it..we just expect it for the money... if that makes sense.

Back