1/6 Sideshow Collectibles R2-Q5 Imperial Astromech Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Kobra

Super Freak
Reaction score
image.jpg

Was this droid ever in an actual film? I thought I saw a photo of it as it appeared in a film somewhere once but maybe I'm mistaken. I looked at Wookipedia and it seemed to say it's only been released as a toy, or mentioned in some stories here and there (with variations on the name).

Sean

Looks cool, but given the poor build quality of R2 and the obscure nature of the character.... PASS.
Hmmm, possible. I do really dig the astromechs but they're figures I'm comfortable biding my time on, until the right deal comes along. Still, glad SSC is making them. I will eventually order Red and likely this one. Not too concerned about the quality, either, to be honest. Unlike R2, I wouldn't handle these figures much (waiting for HT's R2 ;)), so they're more or less just props that I can set and forget.

Was this droid ever in an actual film? I thought I saw a photo of it as it appeared in a film somewhere once but maybe I'm mistaken. I looked at Wookipedia and it seemed to say it's only been released as a toy, or mentioned in some stories here and there (with variations on the name).

Sean
Can't recall seeing it on film, either, but I do really like that black/copper colour scheme.

Sean

Apparently on the Second Death Star in ROTJ:

R-2Q5.jpg

Already questionning wether or not i'll splash the cash on R5-D4. R2-Q5 is probably far too obscure for me to even consider it at $150+ Now, if Sideshow are smart enough to add some sort of imperial troop to the mix (Gunner, Detention Block guard...), i might be tempted to reconsider.

I could see it being a cool little dio piece... Suspect I'll get it at some point.

Kuat: You're welcome. Thanks for the pics!

Cool. I guess this means we'll eventually get an R5 and maybe an R4 version as well. This also means that there is a 99% chance that an RA-7 protocol droid a.k.a. "deathstar droid" is in the works as well, although I imagine 3PO will be released 1st.

I think I'll get this. Already have a cool custom I got from here on the board, but the new one will be awesome to get too.

I wonder if there's any chance this one comes out sooner than R5 since there's likely no new tooling. Agreed it'd probably be sweet with a TIE pilot. Did TIEs even use astromechs, though?

lol, I was kinda kidding I wanted this... just hope it's cheaper without Obi-wan's coffee table. I still haven't pulled the trigger on R2 (or vader...). It'd be nice to have a light saber though. Was there ever a black 3P0?

Cool. I guess this means we'll eventually get an R5 and maybe an R4 version as well. This also means that there is a 99% chance that an RA-7 protocol droid a.k.a. "deathstar droid" is in the works as well, although I imagine 3PO will be released 1st.
Now that's something I'd jump on (RA-7), though I'd imagine SSC would make compromises on the belly wiring and chrome finish.

Back