The Freaky Awards - what's your favorite 1/6 figure of 2014.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Still a month out, so something could pop up. But so far.....

Being a Joe fan I tempted to select SS Baroness as she is perfect.

HT Police Shootout Terminator was a heavy but has too many flaws out of the box.

SS Harley Quinn is amazing.

But my favorite figure is SS Batman. We all know Sideshow can and will screw up something on everything they put out, but their Batman figure kicks all kinds of ass. So he is my favorite figure of 2014.

batman_ss_03.jpg

Hot Toys Robocop I guess but the failure of the colour to match the expectations created by the prototype has been a bit of a disappointment.

Would have to remember all that came out earlier in the year, but probably Cheungkinmen's Freddie Mercury. Like EF said, I dig that Terminator figure a lot, but it's flawed and needs some TLC. The J.J. Gittes figure is also very sweet. Nothing much else from Hot Toys or Sideshow jumps to mind as being particularly special this year. I haven't picked up the new Spidey figure yet.

Probably the Medicom Link. The tunic material was a big disappointment for many people, myself included, but after a while I got used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. Everything else is really well done. The face sculpt and weapon accessories are fantastic, the bow and arrows especially. The swappable eye plates have to be my favorite feature. You can get a lot of personality out of the options they give you. There may be a bit of a character bias going on, as I waited for years to finally have a 1:6 Link figure. But eh. He remains my favorite of the year. I never thought I'd say that about a Medicom figure...:lol

image.jpg

Hot toys RoboCop for me, followed by ASM 2 then MMS238 then Ironman mark 33, the new Thor is also pretty nice.

Sleeper figure of the year I would say is kids logic akuma.

I just started collecting Hot Toys several months ago and so far, I've been able to buy figures of characters that were so memorable when I was a kid - Reeve Superman, Keaton Batman and RoboCop.

It's impossible to pick one as my favorite. It's a bit of a copout, but I'll go with all of them. :lol

The only new releases I bought or buying this year is Tyrion Lannister and R2.Thats it. Of course, I dont have either in hand yet. Ill go with Tyrion anyway. Lol

My favorite is the one we are not supposed to talk about. Made by Art Figures as an "artistic interpretation" of a futuristic comic book and film law enforcer...

I don’t even have to think about this one. My favourite hands down, no contest, the best of the best is…….Elder Predator. Why?? Because it is the only one I purchased in 2014!!!

Am I taking being selective to far??

The only figure I recall buying outright this year is that Medicom Link, and I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be, unfortunately. Oh, and Sherlock and Watson...which were pretty good. I will say that despite all the problems along the way, Rocco's Barbossa came together pretty well this year. But I'd have to say my favorite this year (thus far) is Inigou's GoldenEye Brosnan sculpt, looks amazing. Though BBKill's (Chu) Goldfinger Connery with Yunsil's suit may well supplant it if it comes in early!

EDIT: Whoa, post 1,000!

DSC00254.jpg

Last edited:
I think the new Preds are really nice, and 3 or 4 years ago that Elder would have blown our minds. But HT have done so many Preds now, and have a process down using essentially the same bodies, engineering, etc. that they don't have the impact they used to. Same goes for Iron Man. I'm sure there were several Iron Men released this year, but nothing that's really new or revolutionary. I'm guessing that huge one wasn't released yet.

I liked my mark 42 the most, maybe a piece I will never sell for whatever reason

Back