GoHero - Discovery Spaceman figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
10612733_10152830276074048_4045429770016174784_n.jpg

I would love to get him...............................................................................................................................................
if it ever becomes available.........................................................................................................................................
I guess we shall have to wait and see...........................................................................................................................
At least they're still pimping him! That's an encouraging sign!

OH that looks GREAT! I've always wanted some good 2001 figures! They would look great next to my Hot TOys POTA Gorillas... figures from the two greatest Sci-Fi epics of the late '60's!

The sculpt does look a bit cartoony/exaggerated, but if this ever goes up for pre-order, I will be there, first in line! And Poole as well, of course.

The names are up there: Keir Dulea and Gary Lockwood. They must have the actors' likeness rights at least.
Having said that, kinda disappointed with Poole. The likeness and paint apps don't look so hot.

I thought the big rub by Executive Replicas the last time they showed Bowman, he looked like he was in the notorious Twinch Squad suit.
Yea, I remember them displaying it 4 or 5 years ago. I thought the other sculpt was a bit better.

(I had saved this pic from a while ago, when they first announced him) Maybe it's the same sculpt?

Attachments

• Discovery Astronaut 2 2009.jpg
    Discovery Astronaut 2 2009.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
I thought the big rub by Executive Replicas the last time they showed Bowman, he looked like he was in the notorious Twinch Squad suit.
Yea, I remember them displaying it 4 or 5 years ago. I thought the other sculpt was a bit better.

(I had saved this pic from a while ago, when they first announced him) Maybe it's the same sculpt?

The Bowman head from 4 or 5 years ago was sculpted by Joy Snyder. The current sculpt is either new or a Tonnerized reworking of her sculpt. It seems when Executive Replicas and Joy and Tom Studios parted ways ER decided to scrap all the prototype heads they had done. Which is a shame because I preferred her LIS sculpts over what is being offered now.

The new HSs are cartooney but I would buy three of each immediately...2001 figures have been a long dream of mine for ages.....

Portraits definitely look in need of reworking. They also look kind of big. Hopefully Dave comes with a HAL. The suits look very good however. If they are not too expensive I'll likely pick up all three and just display with the helmets.

Just noticed the pic of the old portraits. What the heck happened? That one looked fine.

Back