Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default [Frost Vision Studio] Stormtrooper Commander Girl .

It`s a long story , so let`s start with this art :

My client was a fan of this art and when he finds out some company actually produce 1:6 kit based on that image , he was really excited . He contact me and ordered private commission work . He provide me with link , where I purchase this kit ( only place available really ) , after 2 weeks i receive the kit ... and i was completely speechless ... Really poor casting quality , seams everywhere , holes , bended body parts etc . It took`s me a lot hours to make this kit looks decent . Patching , sanding , curving , resculpting , adding details , making new holes , adding rods etc. It was a disaster and they charge $115.26 + shipping for this !
    Here is some pictures , check out the details :

As you can see , kit was really really poorly made . Wood texture on a stand , no smooth surfaces at all , heavy blaster is far from original etc .

We love making something original and really want to add something to the paint job . Client wants red hairs and we offer him a full Stormtrooper Commander color scheme , plus some damages here and there . Here is the result :

Stormtrooper Commander Girl .
    2013 .
    1:6 .
    Full Custom and Restoration by Santi .
    Painted by Mary Frost .

Last edited by Rafael Santi; 12-29-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Last edited by Rafael Santi; 12-29-2013 at 09:03 PM.

So , what do you think guys ?

PS : kit was purchased at Fantasy Realms ( http://www.fantasyrealms.co.uk/star-...irl-resin-kit/ ) I was trying to add my review 3 times - they simply delete it every time , adding some 5 star reviews instead , BEWARE , you've been warned !!!
    Last edited by Rafael Santi; 12-29-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Pretty sick work dude!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    I have seen these kits on RPF. Pretty neat. I really hope the kit creator is the one selling on that site (or a least with his approval), and that is not a recast...
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    Hidden Content ◄ ◄ ◄ Hidden Content ► ► ► Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dEATHm3RCHANT View Post
    Pretty sick work dude!
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by jkno View Post
    I have seen these kits on RPF. Pretty neat. I really hope the kit creator is the one selling on that site (or a least with his approval), and that is not a recast...
    Don`t know for sure , but i seriously doubt that .

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Santi View Post
    Don`t know for sure , but i seriously doubt that .
    Which of the two options: the kit creator is the one selling on that site and/or that is not a recast? Because outside RPF I don't quite see how someone got them for sale, unless is the original maker or someone with his approval. Otherwise it is called recast.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    Hidden Content ◄ ◄ ◄ Hidden Content ► ► ► Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jkno View Post
    Which of the two options: the kit creator is the one selling on that site and/or that is not a recast? Because outside RPF I don't quite see how someone got them for sale, unless is the original maker or someone with his approval. Otherwise it is called recast.
    I doubt that this guys selling the real deal , judging by the cast quality . But , as I said , I don`t know for sure . I think only original maker can tell .

Dark Beagle of the Sith MODERATOR
    Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    Nice work!
    Hidden Content
    The Beagle Strikes again, make'n the homies say ho and the girlies wanna scream!