Statue Mass Effect. Female Shepard 1:6 Statue by Frost Vision Studio.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafael Santi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just want to share our last private commission piece!
As a big fans of Mass Effect universe, we just can't resist when client ask us to sculpt FemShep. He was kind enough to allow me to sculpt all the damages I want.(I`m a big fan of all things battle damaged)
Well, here is the result of this endeavor:

Lieutenant Commander Shepard.
1:6.
Sculpted by Santi.
Painted by Mary Frost.

To be honest, I don't see the likeness at all, except for the fact that she's got red hair and is wearing N7 armor.. The face isn't Shepard at all, the eyes either..

And personnally, I find that while a battle-damaged look can sometimes be nice, this one looks more like the figure was chewed by the dog.

Now I'm no sculptor or painter so I can't say I'd do better, and that does have potential and looks promising, but I don't see anyone getting it as it is, especially when there are nicer alternatives out there for a FemShep figure or statue (though they're PVC).

One good thing though, the rubble on the base looks pretty good.

Runnen,thank you for your opinion!
First of all-it was private commission, and yes the face is completely different because client want specific face he sees as a perfect Shepard, so I sculpt this face according to references he send me. You do know you can customize your face in game, right?
Same thing with whole composition-it was his very own request and his personal vision, we just helped him to make it real! The whole armor is game accurate, and if you look at statues from any company right now-whey miles apart from actual game armor. Plus we don`t want making another boring armor with 2 visible painted scratches (he already has them all on a shelf), that's why you see all this damages. Don`t like damages-great, our client approved it and this is our top priority! And to be honest, I worked and shoot different materials, so I`m pretty familiar with how damages supposed to look, we always do the research before doing something. And I hope you remember how Shepard was "chewed by the dog" in the end of third Mass Effect.:wink1:
Anyhow, thank you for spending your time to comment our work!

krec9, may be you find some answers in my reply above.

And guys, please, it was never intended to be a mass product, I just want to share our favorite character in 1:6 scale and create something original, since it's actually lack of them in this scale. :dunno

-Santi

My apologies, I did not realize it was only meant as a one-shot for a commission, and you're correct in that all that matters is that the customer is pleased with the final result.

Like I said, I'd be unable to attain that kind of result, let alone better, with my own skills so I don't want to overly criticize it, just thought I'd point out that a few things seemed really off to me.

I do think however, on top of my previous comment about the nice rubble, that the sculpted hair looks decent (mostly from behind), and yes a few of the scratches and dents look really good, it's just that there are so many that it makes the figure look too damaged for my taste.

I also think that maybe the overall "chewed up" look would look a bit better if it was only the armor that was clearly banged up, but as it is the face of the figure also looks damaged, and I don't mean just the little scrape on the cheek (that's on the artwork for FemShep in ME3). I think a smoother finish to the face paint would improve it, though I do understand the glossy/sweaty/dirty look is also probably part of the whole battle-damaged situation.

Runnen, thanks for understanding! Agreed about face damages, but this is the only damages I was allowed to make, client wanted almost untouched face. Let's just say she was wearing a helmet all this time-pretty reasonable explanation.:)

-Santi

Back