Would you buy the Hulk/Banner set if you already had Hulk?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulk owners - would you buy the Hulk/Banner set if it had a new Hulk portrait?

• Yes, but I'd be pissed about it.

Votes: 19 13.0%
  • Yes, and glad for it.

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • No way - not worth it.

Votes: 67 45.9%
  • No, but I'd be pissed that they'd do it.

Votes: 43 29.5%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
As a marketing executive with no connection to Hot Toys I'm wondering what you all think about this.

I already have Hulk, and the Hulk/Banner set has little attraction for me even with the exclusive base. But I find that if they had another Hulk head sculpt that I would probably go for it.

If I owned the Hulk but this set came with an exclusive head (provided it looked really cool), I would probably sell my Hulk for cost to attain it (this is supposing that I actually wanted Banner, as well). I think they could further incentivize it if both came packaged together in one large artbox, too.

Last edited:
I already own Hulk, I have no interest in getting a Ruffalo Banner & I already own the BD Mrk VII so no absolutely no interest from me (non-existent accessories aside I actually think the Ruffalo likeness is the weakest Hot Toys have done in a very long time, maybe even this year)

This is the set Hot Toys should of done from the start and had they then yeah I probably would of gone for it rather than just Hulk on his own

Like you the only thing that could of tempted my by the Banner figure (let alone the set) would of been a second Hulk headsculpt

No, I wouldn't. I've got the first Hulk and I'm happy with that. Even if it came with another head, I'd still skip it. My collection doesn't have room for more than one $300 Hulk doll.

I would try to pick up the head sculpt only since I already own hulk

Nope. Woulda been great if this was what was first put out tho. But for a second hulk no way. They coulda at least gave him a torn up purple shirt esp if it comes with banner.

They should have done a different head,tha at least it could have been a new hulk figure.im gonna sell off my hulk,I'm sure I can get retail price for it and upgrade to this set.i am gonna wait until its close to being realeases cause it sounds like a lot of people are passing.if the po numbers are really low they might end up canceling it.if I sell my hulk early I might sol

No way, not even with a new sculpt. Would just hit ebay and buy it separately, which is what i might do with the base for the HULK i already have.

Nope, I wouldn't. For starters, I don't have any room (yeah, we've all heard that one before) and second, Banner's likeness just isn't there. There's no point in getting either figure. And when it comes to the accessories, I could easily pick them up on ebay or another online store. But it would feel strange, knowing the accessories were made for another figure. The Chitauri base and girders don't even seem to mesh well as a set.

I'm on the wait list for hulk and it hasn't converted so I am somewhat interested and p*ssed about the non converting wait list. I don't think I can swing the new price. I am sure the ruffalo figure will add $200 to the hulk price. Which is pushing my wallet too far.

No way Im getting this,,They should have done a Battle Damaged Hulk with New Head with Banner,,Then we might have something to Talk about..Im out on this one..This one really caught me off guard..:horror

I think a new headsculpt with Bruce would have been perfect. They could have at least given the new 2 pack Hulk tan pants to match his Helicarrier transformation.

I'm not seeing the issue here...

Presumably, the Banner figure will be available separately to those who want it, regardless if they have Hulk already or not, and this set is targeted at folks like myself, who never picked up Hulk and welcome the chance to get both at once.

From the chatter in the Hulk/Banner set thread, all of the "added elements" (everything BUT the Banner figure) are recycled from earlier/other releases (the base, the girders, the Hulk figure) so it's not like they are missing anything new by skipping this set if they already have Hulk. If they had added some new element (an accessory not offered before an alternate Hulk portrait), I could see the sense in the outrage...but...they're just offering a new "package" deal here for folks to get both pieces.

Makes me glad I waited....

Back