Crystal Lake Memories

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonv808

Super Freak
Reaction score
There is a documentary coming out called Crystal Lake Memories based on the book of the same name. Corey Feldman narrates it and they go over all of the Friday the 13th movies with cast and crew interviews etc. It sounds like it will be good.

https://crystallakememories.net/buy/index.html

If you preorder it from that site they give you an exclusive bonus dvd with over 4 hours or so of extra content.

I dunno. Be reeeeeeeeeeeally hard to top His Name Was Jason. This covers the TV series too, but that really had nothing to do with Voorhees. :lol

I'm surprised Corey Feldman was able to find time in his schedule to narrate this.

hahahaha! That is awful. I never understood why they didn't keep him on for the next two sequels. I mean the fifth one didn't need to be like 8 years in the future or whatever. It could have been immediate.

hahahaha! That is awful. I never understood why they didn't keep him on for the next two sequels. I mean the fifth one didn't need to be like 8 years in the future or whatever. It could have been immediate.

I remember him saying in some interview he was really busy doing another movie. I don't remember what movie that was, but he was already working on something.

(I Think it was the Goonies, but I am not sure)

I remember him saying in some interview he was really busy doing another movie. I don't remember what movie that was, but he was already working on something.

(I Think it was the Goonies, but I am not sure)

Well how long does it take to shoot a horror movie? They could have waited until he was done said movie. They did get him in a cameo at the start of the movie so I don't get it.

Sounds great! His Name is Jason is great but it felt more like a bunch of guys talking about how much they liked the films rather than and actual documentary on the making of them. The extras were the best part for me. I wonder if they'll get Steve Miner on board. Prolly not. He was sorely missed on the last doc, especially considering he's the one that cemented Jason into the character we know today.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds great! His Name is Jason is great but it felt more like a bunch of guys talking about how much they liked the films rather than and actual documentary on the making of them. The extras were the best part for me. I wonder if they'll get Steve Miner on board. Prolly not. He was sorely missed on the last doc, especially considering he's the one that cemented Jason into the character we know today.

That's exactly what this is. A bunch of guys sitting around remeniscing with the occasional set shot. But you have the added benefit of being annoyed by superdouche Feldman. :lol

Eh, ill check it out nonetheless. I was hoping for more stuff like the Joseph Zito part 4 set visit but on a bigger level. If its on par with HNWJ it'll still be great. I've watched that one several times and still don't tire of it.

Well how long does it take to shoot a horror movie? They could have waited until he was done said movie. They did get him in a cameo at the start of the movie so I don't get it.

I'll try to find the clip,

but he said he was working 6 days on the Goonies (or whatever movie it was) and his seventh day he did the Jason Cameo you are talking about.
He was saying how he was working 6-7 days every week and stuff.

I don't know, That movie is S___ anyway, I don't think it would have matter if hew as in it or not lol.

I might be one of the rare people that like Feldman but I think part 5 and 6 would have been better with him in it or at least the same actor from 5 in part 6. It was weird that they had three different actors for a role when the character didn't age that much.

I might be one of the rare people that like Feldman but I think part 5 and 6 would have been better with him in it or at least the same actor from 5 in part 6. It was weird that they had three different actors for a role when the character didn't age that much.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTr31YnEHxM[/ame]

Wow thanks for that! I have never seen that before. I think the actor that played him in part 5 was convincing as a grown up Feldman. I don't understand why they had to re-cast the character again in part 6. It doesn't do much for continuity. I think Feldman's idea of having Jarvis come back for one last hoorah would be good. I still think they could have waited for Feldman to finish Goonies to shoot part 5 though. Six months doesn't seem like a long time to postpone a slasher that people would go to see no matter when it was released.

Wow thanks for that! I have never seen that before. I think the actor that played him in part 5 was convincing as a grown up Feldman. I don't understand why they had to re-cast the character again in part 6. It doesn't do much for continuity. I think Feldman's idea of having Jarvis come back for one last hoorah would be good. I still think they could have waited for Feldman to finish Goonies to shoot part 5 though. Six months doesn't seem like a long time to postpone a slasher that people would go to see no matter when it was released.

I agree that they should have waited until he finished Goonies. That was kind of a stupid decision for them to make,

I also would like to see him play Jarvis one more time, I know everyone says he will suck and the movie will suck, but I would like to see that.

I remember reading that Feldman even went to the studios with an idea or a script for Jason Vs Jarvis and he was really excited to do it but they said no, or something like that.... I recall hearing about Feldman trying to get the studio to do this movie.
So at least he tried....:dunno

It's not that easy, and unless it's your marquee actor, shutting down production to wait costs more money than these low budget films had to begin with. Besides, you might also have an entire cast with shooting obligations to fulfill by the time Feldman's freed up which costs even more $$$ for auditions, recasting, etc. There's also location rentals, equipment rentals, permit extensions, etc.

It's not that easy, and unless it's your marquee actor, shutting down production to wait costs more money than these low budget films had to begin with. Besides, you might also have an entire cast with shooting obligations to fulfill by the time Feldman's freed up which costs even more $$$ for auditions, recasting, etc. There's also location rentals, equipment rentals, permit extensions, etc.

Well he was sort of the marquee actor. They should have signed him up before they started making preparations for a new film. They could have pushed back production and as far as casting goes who cares? The characters in those movies were so interchangeable they could have easily grabbed 10-12 nobody actors to serve up for the slaughter. Paramount just wanted quick dough and got lazy.

Back