OSR Exclusive Interview with Howard Chan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
An exclusive interview with OSR + Howard Chan. He talks about a wide range of lines such as the Avengers, Terminator, X-Men and so on.

Enjoy! Everything to me sounds like "future future future" :lol

988800_478036918941868_1371871249_n.jpg

984084_478036938941866_1852134121_n.jpg

601872_478036935608533_1744728386_n.jpg

935199_478036955608531_1685160423_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/4 Hot Toys - Avengers Line

This isn't news, as this was announced, oh, a year or so ago. I guess it's still on the table, but that answer seems pretty non-committal to me: "we have the rights to produce them if we choose to."

Re: 1/4 Hot Toys - Avengers Line

This isn't news, as this was announced, oh, a year or so ago. I guess it's still on the table, but that answer seems pretty non-committal to me: "we have the rights to produce them if we choose to."

My mistake then! Didn't know they mentioned it already but it looks like they have it in their sights since they mentioned it out of no where.

I moved this to the general section. . .a pretty damn depressing read to my eyes :lol

Everything I'm interested in is being pushed back or is still in some kind of development stage. Prometheus sounds like it could very well be axed with that vague response.

I moved this to the general section. . .a pretty damn depressing read to my eyes :lol

Everything I'm interested in is being pushed back or is still in some kind of development stage. Prometheus sounds like it could very well be axed with that vague response.

Same here. Only little bit of exciting news for me is the potential that Man of Steel holds for them to make more figures. Otherwise, all my figures are being pushed back or are waiting approval like Cannibal Jack Sparrow Ichabod Crane, Rocky and Batman Returns

All his answers have one thing in common, or hidden message if anyone realize. Which is : " Yes, everything will be announce and release, not included the delays, after we have done with all the Iron Man stuff including all 42 Iron man suits in plastic and diecast version!"

Last edited:
So pretty much all of the figures that we haven't seen yet are in development? This article is basically telling us what we already know. :lol

So pretty much all of the figures that we haven't seen yet are in development? This article is basically telling us what we already know. :lol

Yes all of the same figures that have been announced/in development for the last 4 years.

I like how he basically confirms they're working on a lot these various projects and we'll hear more news soon for a bunch of the questions. :lol I like that Hot Toys doesn't just rush stuff out so it's a bit better quality when they release the final product but I do wish they could speed the process up a bit more at times.

release release n more releases...did u ask mr. howard whats their plan to have a flag ship store in most of the market they are in? like how they did in hk and japan. which country is next in their pipeline? what's their next 5 year plan? any plan to venture into other area? like setting up their own factory to better control their QC? or still working with OEM factory?

Last edited:
People seem to not realize they are a small company. Stuff gets pushed back because big movies like TDKR, IM3, MoS, Avengers all happened within 1 year. Those become priority. Actually amazes me how much they are working on for being a small company. Takes like Enterbay a year just to make 1 figure. HTs cranked out all the Avengers + dozens of others in a years time and all were fabulous. EB has QC issues on just about everything. So i have nothing but love for HTs :)

Only if they didn't announce things way before they are finished. It gets the fans all worked up when they do. If they just announced when things were just about ready, Freaks wouldn't get so Freaky. :lol

Im really looking forward to MoS the most but after the MoS push, maybe they can catch up on the others. Prometheus would be next on my list, and of course more TDKR :)

Back