Less than happy with ENTERBAY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

francsicoliger

Super Freak
Reaction score
From https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2013/05/enterbay-sucks-and-heres-why-buy-at.html

97512383.jpg

Enterbay SUCKS and here's WHY! Buy at your own peril (Consider Yourself Warned!)
From day one, Enterbay has been nothing but trouble! I read about and heard so many scary stories about their quality issues that I dare not buy anything from them even though some of their prototype products looked really good but sadly, they have always failed to deliver. With the recent release of their Michael Jordan figure, their Quality Control (QC) issues have again surfaced and collectors are feeling cheated and being treated unfairly when buying Enterbay stuff. So much so that they are ranting and letting it out on the forums

Here are some cut-and-paste for your interest:

"Passion for Perfection"...ain't that a joke!

Let me first apologize if you think I'm ranting, but at least it will be my last rant about Enterbay as I will never buy from them again.

Firstly, lets forget about the unscrupulous ****e they did with the distribution of the Jordan 45...I'm here to inform you about the new 23 figures.

As you may or may not know, the first batch of Jordan 23 figures had some serious QC issues. It was their first release and they were diligent in rectifying the issue...so fair enough. Their second batch was due out on May 2nd (give or take), but via Facebook they informed everyone that they were still having issues and so delayed the release to May 12th. At this point, I thought I really would never have a shot at this considering how HK works (if you don't know, take a look at ebay and see where all the sellers are from).

On May 12th, I so happen to be in the area, so I thought I'll try my luck. Surprisingly, there was stock!!! Here was the catch... they only accepted cash and you could not look at the figure up close. At that point, I was already too happy to be able to buy this and thought nothing of it. When I got home and finally had a good look, I see that one knee was completely screwed up (because the lower leg flaps were too long, when you bend the knee, the flaps flare out).

Tonight, I went to get this exchanged. I was forced to wait three hours because Enterbay only allowed 7 days for any exchanges, despite all the pre-conditions they imposed. No exceptions. To make matters worse, they took the body and told me it'll take another 2 weeks before I could get anything back. Are you serious?!!! If I may remind everyone, this is a $260 figure.

It is pretty obvious to me that they knowingly sold some defective items, and then had the nerve to make their customers come back to fix the crap they sold. "Customer is always right" is definitely not a model that Enterbay follows.

Last point, if you are not convinced, while everyone waited on line for hours to get exchanges... anyone who wanted to buy a Jordan figure could go straight to the counter. And I'm pretty sure this is the same batch that I picked up only three days prior. Now that is one honest company.

If you purchase from them, I wish you guys / gals the best of luck. I am done with Enterbay.

In comparison, I've bought four times as many Hot Toys figures than Enterbay, and not once did I have any problems. HT is rarely on time with their releases, but at least they release it when they are ready.

Other comments posted:

They had a lot of QC problems ever since their Bruce Lee line.

Enterbay told me it's OK to cancel the order but a month later, they still charged to my credit card without shipping anything. I wrote several emails to their CS (Customer Service) and received no reply. I was forced to contact the credit card company to file a charge back. This is first time I had to dispute an order and that just shows how much Enterbay cares about customers and their reputation.

Same reason why my local retailer stopped bringing in Enterbay products after all the unresolved issues. Too many Quality Control issues and no solution from them. Enterbay thinks that they can win people over with their preview products and people are silly enough to bite even though their prices are HIGHER than Hot Toys!

After all the problems and issues, I'm quite surprised that Enterbay is still around. I guess there are people out there who are still unaware of all this happening so I feel compelled to sound them off to anyone who might be considering buying from Enterbay. Stay far far away

Last edited:
Re: ENTERBAY SUCKS

I must admit, of the 4 HD Enterbay figures I own I held my breath when opening and inspecting them. So far so good for me but I understand your pain.

I still remember the first bad impression when opened, more than a year ago, the MIB.

while ENTERBAY continuing to sell as they do, I think everything will be put worse.

The most recent case is Michael jordan, a lot of people dazzles, and do not realize the "garbage" of BILL are selling.

My one Enterbay figure was a disappointment. I'm not eager to buy from them again. High quality sculpts and paint apps are nice, but that's not the end-all, be-all. Their customer service also leaves something to be desired. I know lots of folks had issues dealing with them directly. It took about 5 months for my retailer working through Diamond to get Enterbay to confirm that they would not fulfill backorder requests.

After finding a stain beyond repair in my Elvis yesterday I'm in agreeance.

I agree I've had problems too I bought scarface respect they sent me a war version with a broken leg wasnt impressed :/

And thanks for the head sculpt Ray I recived it a few days ago much appreciated bud! :)

Only Enterbay I've bought is Jack Bauer. I like it.

Difficult to take a rant seriously when it starts with this ...

I read about and heard so many scary stories about their quality issues that I dare not buy anything from them ...

So ... you've never bought anything from them? Why do you care, then? Let somebody who's been burned post a rant ... instead of an odd rant-by-hearsay.

SnakeDoc

Threads like this on forums might give them the kick up the @$$ that they need. I'm buying their Terminator stuff but they do need to improve their QC - if that means a change of strategy where they show a prototype months in advance like HT and then spend the rest of the time perfecting it all the way to mass production then I'm particularly all for it.

Last edited:

I have never wanted an enterbay firgure and tbh i doubt i ever will what with their reputation.

So far i've had a great experience with their T2 1/4 line but i will never buy directly from them only reseller who check the product before selling like timcent :)

I will only purchase from a bricks and mortar store, with the item in hand.

I have three by EB:

Jack Bauer (body broke in half at the waist joint--weak glue)
FOF Bruce Lee (1st version) No problems
1:4 Joker--in store displayed, very stiff left ankle--followed online suggestions to fix--no other issues.

Beautiful sculpts

Very iffy bodies

Quality of accesories leaves something to be desired--(lack of details on the weapons--1:6th)

Avoiding the Jordan AIR-HYPE. :wave

My one Enterbay figure was a disappointment. I'm not eager to buy from them again. High quality sculpts and paint apps are nice, but that's not the end-all, be-all. Their customer service also leaves something to be desired. I know lots of folks had issues dealing with them directly. It took about 5 months for my retailer working through Diamond to get Enterbay to confirm that they would not fulfill backorder requests.

Karamazov, was that for the 1/4 Batman? I can't tell you how many times that I almost pulled the trigger for him. I went though that thread and was (and still am) amazed at the museum like quality of the cowl and the mods which made him even better. But then I look at the various qc issues with the legs and belt, as well as the terrible customer service and I just can't do it. It's a shame too since that is imo the best mass produced Batman figure that I've seen. It's just a shame that it only applies if you are lucky enough to get one without significant flaws.

Didn't Enterbay tell people who had floppy knees on their MIB figures to put tape on the knee hinge in order to strengthen them?

There was a real backlash over those MIB3 floppy knees, but sideshow do the same with their bodies and nobody really complains about it :dunno

Enterbay bring out some interesting figures. It's a pity they are so unreliable with their QC. My rule with them is that I'll happily pick up an EB figure once I've had a chance to read the reviews. That so many people still PO their products kinda puzzles me.

After finding a stain beyond repair in my Elvis yesterday I'm in agreeance.

Same happened to me Ray. Elvis was my first and now probably only EB figure I will buy. Probably won't get their Jordan even though I really want it. I posted something in the EB Elvis thread that might help with the collar. It's worked to far with me

I began purchasing EB items this year and after this debacle with the Jordan figures and their exclusives in HK, I am royally ticked off at EB...so one day I messaged EB BILL to which he replied, don't worry, there would be no more exclusive figures in the Jordan line and he would ensure real collectors had a chance, well, lets fast forward 2 months and a HK KICKS 10th anniversary exclusive is released and many of us got screwed in that as well....why should i continue to buy EB items after this; the man can't keep his word and he shouldn't get any of my money, as a matter of fact, my best friend buys everything I do and he mentioned he was willing to ban all EB items from here on in.....

Enterbay bring out some interesting figures. It's a pity they are so unreliable with their QC. My rule with them is that I'll happily pick up an EB figure once I've had a chance to read the reviews. That so many people still PO their products kinda puzzles me.

OCD behaviour in this hobby puzzles you ?

I have a total of 8 enterbay figures,kato,god b.lee,leon,godfather,joker,batman and 2 t 800s.I've not had 1 issue with any of them.now I own about 80 hot toys figures and I've had a lot more issues with them.there early stuff is fine well except for knee joints breaking on every figure I own.but other than that not bad.but there recent stuff seems to be very delicate.for example I have the mark 3 bd iron man and he has been fine,I've posed him,opened his flaps and missles hundreds of times and he is still in great shape,then I got the mark 2 au version.I took him out of the box and on my first attempt at opening the arm missle it snapped off.now I've done the mark 3 100s of times so I'm no stranger to how it works,It just broke.my iron monger has more cracks in it than camden has crackheads,avengers cap had all 3 buttons snap the very 1st time I tried to put hood on,and my dx11 had a missing trigger on the shotgun.that's just a few things I can think of at the moment.now enterbay is not perfect,but neither is hot toys .I don't disagree with everybody complaining about qc,but you can't honestly tell me ht have not had issues too.the dx lines first 2 releases both have problems.I have yet to meet anyone with a functional pers system in a dx01.ill take a stain under the clothes over oily abs that disinegrate the rubber any day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back