What line are you collecting: Comiquette, Premium Format, or Maquette?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Marvel line are you collecting?

• Premium Format

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • Comiquette

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Maquette

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yes, this is a poll and topic I am actually very interested in discussing.

I like comiquette because the bases are much more creative than the black circle with an "X" on it of most PF. Also the poses are more dynamic.

btw - Colossus PF has much better detail than the comiquette, I think but I got the comiquette. Also Storm comiquette is not great in my opinion and I'm going to get the PF which looks awesome!

The maquette line from the Avengers movie is alright. I do want to **** the Scarlett Johansson statue though, is that wrong? I read comics and don't really care about the movie nearly as much.

Not sure what other about all the PF made. I know Colossus, Gambit, Rogue, and Psylocke.

From the comiquette line I have, Iceman Excl, Punisher, Daredevil, Colossus, Spider-man, Nightcrawler, Angel, and am getting Psylocke. I don't know if I should get Beast, I heard he's not great. I do hope they make a comiquette Thor, Captain America, and modern day Ironman.

Since I'm going all Marvel I don't even think ill have room to display Arthas next to my Diablo Barbarian and Tychus, constituting 3 main characters from my favorite video games (StarCraft, Diablo 2, WarCraft 3, and WOW) and company Blizzard of all time. I'll have to box those guys which is sad. And probably no room for Batman PF Excl. well... Gotta hit up that Ikea in Hicksville Long Island.

Oh and I have a 1/4 scale custom Logan which is grail.

Last edited:
Re: What line are you collecting, Comiquette, PF, or Maquette?

I collect PFs, focus on X-Men, Avengers and now Batman. For one, I like the larger size. Two, I like cloth. Not too much, but when done right it enhances the statue.

I like some of the comiquettes and have 3 but it came down to space and money. I dont have everything I want for those 2 reasons. So I chose to focus on PFs.

As far as bases, I dont mind the Xs and As, but I dont see why a more creative approach couldnt have been taken. That doesnt mean have everyone on a different, non matching environment. For the X-Men in particular, most of those PFs are in costumes from one very specific era so I like the idea that their bases reflect they are meant to be with each other. I think the Women of Marvel bases were perfect. They matched in theme while still reflecting individuality. Im sure they could have thought of something along those lines for the As and Xs.

Actually they did. Hawkeye's proto base had him in the same pose but propped up against a leaning A base instead of the rubble. If they had creative ideas to differentiate the bases like that it wouldnt be such a problem.

Aside from PFs, I do Legendary Scale busts for my favorite characters, and it's not SSC but I do F4F Legend of Zelda, format doesnt matter there.

All of them. Movie maquettes (and Galactus ;)), X-Men/Avengers/Other PF's and all Spider-Man related Comiquettes and some other Comiquettes.

SideShow statues are M.O. I do my school work on time, so I work longer and make more money, so I can buy more statues that I can look at while I do school work and so on...

Depends but mostly Comiquette.

Psylocke Comi > PF
Spidey Comi (someday)
Punisher Comi (someday)
Rhino PF
Beast Comi
Deadpool Pf (maybe)
Galactus LSF (maybe)
Silver Surfer Comi (someday)

Since SS aren't making Comiquettes anymore and most maquettes are 1:4 I can't see the point of a poll. Or this thread.

Depends but mostly Comiquette.

Psylocke Comi > PF
Spidey Comi (someday)
Punisher Comi (someday)
Rhino PF
Beast Comi
Deadpool Pf (maybe)
Galactus LSF (maybe)
Silver Surfer Comi (someday)

Nice list. I have Spidey, Punisher, and the Silver Surfer. I may be picking up DP. He looks great after I saw the COH on the piece in the latest preview. The Rhino piece you have listed is actually a Com. It is the last 1/4 Com SSC made before changing all 1/4 pieces to the PF category. That is a great looking piece. The only reason I passed on it is because I'm really not much of a Rhino fan. I'm also on the fence about picking up the Psylocke Com. That is a beautiful statue. I have been trying to restrict myself to the AH line for my female statues. However, that Brooks Psylocke is an incredible piece. Good luck picking up all the pieces you want. Lots of great pieces on your list.

For the record, 1/4 fully sculpted statues are my favorite pieces. Since they are now labeled PFs, that's where my answer to the poll lies. However, I am not overly fond of clothes on statue. I wish SSC just kept labeling 1/4 fully sculpted pieces as Coms. That way there wouldn't be any confusion as to what pieces are mixed media and what pieces aren't.

Last edited:
Since SS aren't making Comiquettes anymore and most maquettes are 1:4 I can't see the point of a poll. Or this thread.

I disagree. Iceman was a comiquette, and the me the Star Wars Mythos statues might as well be comiquettes. ( I realize that they aren't comic characters, but that is the type of statue they are) They are fully sculpted and 1/5 scale, if I am not mistaken. Also, there is a Storm Shadow comiquette coming up.
To the OP:
As far as what I collect, I collect beautiful statues. I don't care if it's 1/5, 1/6, or 1/4. I also don't care if I get every character in a line. I only get the ones I like the most.
I have Pfs, Comiquettes, and think a maquette or two. I think I have mostly PFs. I like the idea of a well sculpted 1/5 the most, because it takes up less room than a PF.

Last edited:
I'm just into going after characters I love and statues that look cool. Don't really care about the fact that they all don't match up.

if you like it buy it...........simple answer for me. i could give a **** if its clothe, fully sculpted or 1/4,1/5 scale. if it's well done it's worth getting.:lecture

oooooo

do you own a mansion? lol

:lol Nah, my room is just full as a m...Do not own all of them, but I collect all three lines (and the VS dios :panic:). Very selective about non-Spidey Comiquettes and a little less selective about X-Men and Avengers PF's, but still. Will post my first pics of my collection in the 'show your shelves' thread soon.

Nice list. I have Spidey, Punisher, and the Silver Surfer. I may be picking up DP. He looks great after I saw the COH on the piece in the latest preview. The Rhino piece you have listed is actually a Com. It is the last 1/4 Com SSC made before changing all 1/4 pieces to the PF category. That is a great looking piece. The only reason I passed on it is because I'm really not much of a Rhino fan. I'm also on the fence about picking up the Psylocke Com. That is a beautiful statue. I have been trying to restrict myself to the AH line for my female statues. However, that Brooks Psylocke is an incredible piece. Good luck picking up all the pieces you want. Lots of great pieces on your list.

For the record, 1/4 fully sculpted statues are my favorite pieces. Since they are now labeled PFs, that's where my answer to the poll lies. However, I am not overly fond of clothes on statue. I wish SSC just kept labeling 1/4 fully sculpted pieces as Coms. That way there wouldn't be any confusion as to what pieces are mixed media and what pieces aren't.

Didn't realize Rhino was a Comi, I thought he was labeled as PF but anyway that confirms I use to gravitate towards Comiquettes.
The bottom line for me is I tend to prefer fully sculpted and I'm not a fan of Musuem poses so this explains that.

if you like it buy it...........simple answer for me. i could give a **** if its clothe, fully sculpted or 1/4,1/5 scale. if it's well done it's worth getting.:lecture

:exactly: words of wisdom

Comiquettes and Premium Formats

Have:

Spider-Man Comiquette
Carnage Comiquette
Silver Surfer Comiquette
Back in Black Spider-Man Comiquette
Iron Spider-Man Comiquette
X-23 Comiquette
Hulk Comiquette
Punisher Comiquette
Angel Comiquette