Issues with 1/6 Snake Eyes and Timber set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agent_85

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm putting this thread up as an easy reference for the Sideshow GI Joe design team hoping they can address the issues with this set.
I figured that we may as well address the elephant in the room. this set has received pretty poor feedback.

Not only is it evident from the reactions to the reveal on this site:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107434&page=28
it's similar over at OSW:
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...sion/632589-sideshow-snake-eyes-timber-2.html
and there's a mixed reaction at the Hisstank board:
https://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-new...exclusive-pre-order-now-live-11148/page2.html
I'm sure other sites paint a familiar story.

For the benefit of the design team. I'll list the main bones of contention.

1 The commando head
the size seems too small, looks leathery (same problem with visor head but not to the same extent), goggles look too small, neck looks too long
2 The sweater/fleece jacket
looks too bulky, many expected the commando sweater that Beachhead had
3 The pants/trousers
not liking the new look, different to the cut/design other Joes have
4 Timber
doesn't look mean/fierce enough, exclusive head looks to be yawning, all feet should be able to sit flat on the ground

Essentially it appears to be the case of Sideshow being a victim of it's own success having recently released a fantastic 1:5 scale commando Snake Eyes and Timber statue which seems to had nothing but praise. I think it's fair to say that most were hoping for something close to that as a 1:6 scale figure.

If there is anything I have failed to address or something that is worth mentioning please contribute, if enough people agree I will add it to or amend this first post accordingly for easy reference.

Also, here's a link to Sideshow's Product Suggestion page, maybe a few of these filled out asking for changes can help sway them:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=297

Last edited:
Good idea but should it be on the ask SSC section?

Only one thing wrong with this set

Price tag

Very true, what is Rock 'n' Roll, $134.99? Timber is an awful pricey accessory, $65 pricey. Even if we compare it with Zartan who is $159.99 who's pretty loaded with a new body, extra heads, new armour pieces, that's still another $40. :lol If a few more bring it up it vil also go on ze list.

SS doesn't give a ____.

:exactly:

I get it.. that every once and awhile being a squeaky wheel gets noticed, but eventually it just turns into manipulation. It's kinda unrealistic to expect changes to be made with every figure simply because of an exception made in the past.

So SSC reads these boards... big deal.
They likely put their stamp on figures out of spite towards those who feel entitled to tell them how to do their jobs. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

OP Post reported with request to be moved to Ask Sideshow forums. :wave

Thanks NAM!

I bet this thread will inspire them to make SE's head smaller and Timber look happier.

LOL, probably.

I just hope that bringing their attention to it sooner rather than later will result in some changes for the better. I realise that the aim of the 1/6 line is to re-imagine the classic looks of these characters with modern day equipment but commando Snake Eyes is so iconic that it's difficult to mess with that look and succeed.
Like I said before, I think by releasing the 1:5 scale statue of Snake eyes and Timber most hoped the 1:6 figure set would be the same or similar.

Sideshow does listen to their customers, most of the improvements mentioned by many in the forums (and in a letter I sent to them) to the first Prometheus body they did and we got the Pro 2.0 (none suggested the ratchet knees).
I think once SSC shows the preview or puts up the preorder it's just too late to do major improvements.

One easy fix for them to do is just recast and reduce the size to scale of the Snake Eyes statue head, give it a neck joint, put it into production and throw it in with the rest of the stuff.
OR, we could just do that ourselves.

Commando Snake Eyes should look like this:
snakeeyesbadass.jpg

snakeeyesasheshouldbe.jpg

Last edited:
Sideshow does listen to their customers, most of the improvements mentioned by many in the forums (and in a letter I sent to them) to the first Prometheus body they did and we got the Pro 2.0 (none suggested the ratchet knees).
I think once SSC shows the preview or puts up the preorder it's just too late to do major improvements.

One easy fix for them to do is just recast and reduce the size to scale of the Snake Eyes statue head, give it a neck joint, put it into production and throw it in with the rest of the stuff.
OR, we could just do that ourselves.

Commando Snake Eyes should look like this:
snakeeyesbadass.jpg

snakeeyesasheshouldbe.jpg

LOL

Seriously. Agreed.

Fix the goggles and make them larger

and drop the ratchet knees!

Nice & concise post OP, unfortunately you are just wasting time. Sideshow ignores all the threads showing them clear problems with their products, just look this section..

They only answer customer service questions apparently.

Nice & concise post OP, unfortunately you are just wasting time. Sideshow ignores all the threads showing them clear problems with their products, just look this section..

They only answer customer service questions apparently.

:(:(:(:(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back