Help with possible scam issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chosenone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but i just wanted to get some peoples opinions and thoughts on this issue i ran into. So about a month and a half ago I came to an agreement with a fellow forum member to trade a couple of statues for a couple of his statues but neither of us felt comfortable doing an outright trade so i decided to pay him over paypal so i sent him 600 over paypal using my credit card just in case. Well i got the statue everything was great then we decided to make a new trade with two more of my statues for 2 of his. So i sent my statue out and sent him the tracking info and he sent me the one for his statue. I got mine and he got his and we were happy. So this last one I sent out mine and he said sent out his and gave me the tracking info and all. Well I got it and it is the completely wrong statue and its only worth like 100$. i was supposed to get a life size spiderman bust and he got a green goblin premium format. Now he hasn't replied to any of my PM's or emails so what do you think i should do? I have all the past PM's saying he shipped the spiderman life size bust and the agreement we came to. I'm just wondering since i used paypal the first time could i use a chargeback on the initial 600 since he didn't comply to the agreement? I didn't want to post his name yet just in case it is just a misunderstanding but it has been a while now. Any help would be great thanks!

Well he hasn't responded to anything in a while so his username is Mr.Paul

Last edited:
IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE.....Get your money back and then get him banned...........we dont need creeps making a bad name for trading on this forum. I personally love to trade and I have done over 60 of them here on the boards and I can tell you this if this guy screwed you over with a cheap statue then contact paypal OR EVEN BETTER contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. He will have to prove to the credit card company that he indeed gave you the goods that you paid for and since he wont you will get your 600.00 back. Dont be afraid to trade but if you feel that you cant trust the guy have him ship first or dont do the trade at all.

Alright thanks so could I do a charge back on that original purchase because I did actually get that statue? But yeah it's lame because after the first purchase we continued talking and he seemed like a nice enough and trustworthy guy do I decided to do a straight up trade and it went smoothly the first time and then we did a second one and he sent me a marvel statue red skull instead of a life size spiderman so I don't know of it was just a mistake or not but he is not responding to any of my messages now. But the tracking code he sent me was the one on the box so it wasn't unintentional or the wrong box. And i got the delivery about a week ago and haven't heard from him since.

People getting your trust and then ****ing you over, gotta love it. Starting to think I've been taken for a ride by someone here too to be honest.

No, you can't get a charge back on the initial trade if that trade ended in satisfaction. Paypal isn't a life time guarantee for every deal you do with him in the future. Seriously you had to ask? Seems like common sense.

As far as the scam. Post his name here for all to see. If its a legit mistake he will fix it and all is forgiven. If not he needs to be punished by having his name put out.

No, you can't get a charge back on the initial trade if that trade ended in satisfaction. Paypal isn't a life time guarantee for every deal you do with him in the future. Seriously you had to ask? Seems like common sense.

As far as the scam. Post his name here for all to see. If its a legit mistake he will fix it and all is forgiven. If not he needs to be punished by having his name put out.

uhh hes not thinking of it as a lifetime guarantee by paypal. hes trying to overcome one scam by doing a scam of his own.

uhh hes not thinking of it as a lifetime guarantee by paypal. hes trying to overcome one scam by doing a scam of his own.

If thats the case, wow. Just...absolutely no need for that. Why go there when that first deal went fine. Just address the possible scam, leave negative feedback and move on.

I would give the guy a little time,it seems like a misunderstanding,if he was trying to rip you off why send anything?he could have sent an empty box,was it stuff from his personal collection or does he have a store.I ordered a medicom figure once and got a deck of trading cards.I called the person and they sent the wrong box.I mailed it back and they mailed the figure and paid for additional shipping charges.if the guy did 3 deals with you first and they went smoothly you should give him a chance to fix this.maybe check if he has been online at all cause if he hasn't been maybe he doesn't know what happened yet.

I knew, but was giving him the benefit of the doubt...as that too should be an obvious no-no. But hey do what you gotta do I guess. I just think if you have the guts to screw over paypal or anyone else might as well have the guts to name names.

lol well i wouldn't consider it a scam of my own I was just curious because the 600 was part of the original entire deal. Which was me buying 1 statue and trading 2 others and since I didn't get the third statue I just wanted to know if that would void the whole transaction and be enough for me to get my 600 back. I mean if it was a small amount of money or a little statue I would just leave negative feedback and let it go but it's about $500 for my statue plus about $90 for me to ship it to him so it's not really pocket change to me. Also I thought the same thing why go through the trouble and actually ship me a statue rather than an empty box, what he sent me was a marvel statue red skull which was packaged nicely and insured for about $100 it didn't make sense to me. He has be online constantly in the past 3 days and I also sent him emails to his home email which in the past it only took him a few hours to respond normally but now I'm getting nothing. And it's all from his personal collection he doesn't have a store as for as i know.

So the details on the paypal transaction says, "Puchase of goods X followed by a trade y followed by another trade z"?

I never understood the mystery behind these "advice" threads. Tell the whole story and include names. If not don't waste our time.

Hey Badmoon, while we're waiting for names you should post a bunch of pictures of your biceps to intimidate the culprits.

I came to an agreement with a fellow forum member to trade a couple of statues for a couple of his statues but neither of us felt comfortable doing an outright trade so i decided to pay him over paypal so i sent him 600 over paypal using my credit card just in case. Well i got the statue everything was great then we decided to make a new trade with two more of my statues for 2 of his.

Which was me buying 1 statue and trading 2 others and since I didn't get the third statue I just wanted to know if that would void the whole transaction and be enough for me to get my 600 back.

I think you have your answer in your own words. You started a whole new deal AFTER you paid the $600.

Not sure you can collect the entire $600 since you just admitted to getting 2 of the 3 items. Maybe if you returned everything then you could get your money and stuff back.

It's a very confusing arrangement.

Back