Team Fortress 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else playing this? I know its been around since like 2005 but its still booming since the intro of the mannconomy.

It went Free 2 Play recently and I upgraded to premium almost immediately and was hooked. I played TFC and its got the same great gameplay but now they added so many items and item drops and people gamble and trade and theres even a system of currency, with unusual hats that are worth thousands of real dollars. The gambling aspects can be addictive though. :lol

You can find enough items if you play enough tho like weapons and hats to trade for entire other games on steam even stuff like MW3. Its pretty cool.

I have 887 ingame hours :thud:
Love the game coz it's very fun, adrenaline and not get bored.
Almost never traded, only crafted or droped...
So that's why I have very few hats (they are too expensive and random to craft) :lol

I Have the orange box on the 360. would never sell it because of this game. I have never understood how portal got its own game but this didnt. One of my faves for sure

i still play this on the pc occasionally. it never gets old for me. racked up a LOT of hours and i'm always open to trades.

I've slowed down a lot on gaming but, I've been playing these games since the beginning. Lots of good memories and even today, its still fun to play with so many people still playing them after all these years. Anytime I buy a new pc or do a fresh install, steam is almost the first thing I always install lol

So anyone else still playing?

The Mannconomy has made over 50 million real life dollars since the game went F2P, thats on top of over 10 years of sales of the game when it wasn't. That's from hats, weapon sales in the store etc. People buy keys at $1.50 to unbox crates and try their luck at an unusual hat effect thats worth thousands, I have been making hundreds of dollars selling promos like earbuds and hats. The PC version sees regular updates with new content added weekly.

They've made Forbe's list, hired their own econimist, just made Games Radar's number one game, and now Valve and Adult Swim are working togeather, rumor has it on a TF2 show for Adult Swim! :yess:

Oh yea the long awaited Meet the Pyro has also finally hit and was worth the wait.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I[/ame]

So anyone else still playing?
They've made Forbe's list, hired their own econimist, just made Games Radar's number one game, and now Valve and Adult Swim are working togeather, rumor has it on a TF2 show for Adult Swim! :yess:

Well, i read somewhere that the only thing coming out of valve and adult swim working together is a robot chicken hat, i really hope i'm wrong though because a tf2 show would be the best thing ever.

I don't play this game really, more of a left 4 dead fan but my son whos 8 plays it all the time and keeps on asking me if neca is going to make some figures. All I have to say is were a valve family.

Recent huge fix spoiled so many stuff... Also many servers got very unstable.

I don't want to play for a while.

It does kinda suck that they removed some of the map glitches like the roof on badwater but alot of the weapon balances are actually awesome like the Quickfix. QF explosive jumping medics with Demos/soldiers are pretty badass now since the doc also gets a heal factor off you.

Back