Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see Durin's Bane. I don't even have to see it to know it will be amazing :rock Definitely will get the canvas version to match the canvas Sauron I got.

Re: Vanderstelt Studios The Hobbit News

They will be available in both paper and canvas versions, and each version will have two size editions for those that may want to get the very large size of either. I dont have all that info worked out yet, but all versions will be offered as Giclees, which will carry the best color reproduction possible.
I will also be offering my Balrog piece entitled, "Durin's Bane" coming on the heels of the Hobbit art.
I hope to show some sneek peeks of where the Hobbit art is in a week or so, once I get a few shots and approvals to do so from Warner Bros.
Thanks guys : )

JV

It's been more than a week, let's see those sneak peeks! :)

I hope Jerry makes a print of the new hunter orcs from dol guldor or bard the bowman :0

Personally I'd rather them be horizontal and the same size as LOTR. I have very little wall space, so I currently have all 3 LOTR ones in the one frame and just cycle them around every now and then. It's almost like getting a new print every few months :lol
horizontal for me too :pray:

horizontal for me too :pray:

Ha Ha, well, one thing I can say for sure is that this new Hobbit art is not laid out in a horizontal manner like the LOTR Trilogy pieces. They stand on their own and I wanted to arrange the new Hobbit piece in the opposite direction. Vertical it is, much like a movie poster "one sheet".
For those that are asking for certain characters to appear, some may end up making their appearance in the next two pieces : )

JV

Ha Ha, well, one thing I can say for sure is that this new Hobbit art is not laid out in a horizontal manner like the LOTR Trilogy pieces. They stand on their own and I wanted to arrange the new Hobbit piece in the opposite direction. Vertical it is, much like a movie poster "one sheet".

Well, here's hoping for maybe a single 'combo' print at the end of it all, which is horizontal and same size as the old LOTR ones.

While I'm sure the 'vertical' Hobbit ones will be amazing, I just won't have any place to put them, so not much point in spending $100's of dollars on prints that just sit in the post tube.

I understand the wall space issue, but I would think that a vertical,narrower piece would solve a space issue more than a wide horizontal one. Perhaps you have a different arrangement in your home in mind.
I'm sorry if this doesn't work for you, but maybe wait until it's all done then perhaps a solution will present itself. Oh, now I am sounding like Indy's father.............:slap

JV

I understand the wall space issue, but I would think that a vertical,narrower piece would solve a space issue more than a wide horizontal one. Perhaps you have a different arrangement in your home in mind.

Not really, I only have the single frame with the 3 LOTR prints in it and then cycle each print within it every few months. So I don't even have the wall space to show all 3 of those, let alone another 3.
But of course the frame and setup is all aligned horizontal, to suit the LOTR prints, hence me hoping the Hobbit ones would be the same size and also horizontal and I would then cycle all 6 for display.
But the frame is no good for vertical (can't have hanging options for both and be able to cycle prints within it) and have no place for another frame.

Still, this is likely really only my problem, I'm sure it will be fine for all else.

Warner has allowed me to tease one little snap shot a week of my Hobbit artwork, which I am still working on. For now, here is one section! Enjoy.

JV

HBTsneek.jpg

I dont like it...I think it stinks..................................That you dont show us more....JK....From the tease It does kinda look like a poster for a new badass Hobo vigilante film...lol

Back