Premium Format Harley Quinn PF v2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the new age of politically correct has effected sideshow in the way they make female statues.
The first Poison Ivy was sexy as hell and beautiful, the new one is .... strange
the old Emma frost compared to the new one.
Harley as well.
If you look at court of the dead statues, the first Gallevarbe, she was sexy and topless as she is a type of Siren but the new one looks unattractive and the same for Kier, she was stunning in the first statue and now she looks like a body builder.

this is why these statues have a low cost and number but they don't sell as well

Grow up.

And yeah I know, it’s pointless for me to say that because you’ll never understand how stupid you sound.

I think the new age of politically correct has effected sideshow in the way they make female statues.
The first Poison Ivy was sexy as hell and beautiful, the new one is .... strange
the old Emma frost compared to the new one.
Harley as well.
If you look at court of the dead statues, the first Gallevarbe, she was sexy and topless as she is a type of Siren but the new one looks unattractive and the same for Kier, she was stunning in the first statue and now she looks like a body builder.

this is why these statues have a low cost and number but they don't sell as well

I don't think it's SS, it could be the license holders like DC wanting to make their female characters less "sexualized"... If you read the latest comics both Marvel and DC have toned down the exaggerated curves of their female characters quite a bit...

Grow up.

And yeah I know, it’s pointless for me to say that because you’ll never understand how stupid you sound.

Great comment, really shows your intellect, do you know any other words ?
I can tell you have been triggered, please go to your safe space

I think it looks good, but yes there has been a change in the art direction of the comics and therefore sideshow over the years. No longer are comics mainly geared towards males as they want to appeal to both sexes and be more politically correct. That's just the way it is, you can think it's progressive or not

I think it looks good, but yes there has been a change in the art direction of the comics and therefore sideshow over the years. No longer are comics mainly geared towards males as they want to appeal to both sexes and be more politically correct. That's just the way it is, you can think it's progressive or not

:goodpost:

I’m more or less left of centre for my views (and most of Australia is centrist for our policies anyway) but even I’m shocked sometimes by the automatic reaction of individuals to statements that run even slightly counter to their beliefs, from both extremes.

You can’t even say the words political correctness (PC) nowadays without getting a reaction. I don’t see the problem in recognising the fact itself, and if society is moving in a particular direction, so be it.

Almost reminds me of the discussions I’m reading the past week on the nomination of Black Panther for best picture at the oscars. It’s almost incendiary to say you’re surprised by the nomination and that it shouldn’t win.

Yep, if you want over sexualised then there's still pieces for that, am sure prime 1 will deliver with their power girl lol

I love some of the older sideshow pieces like Harley, ivy and both catwomen. I think the newer sculpts are more realistic and whilst they seem largely unpopular on this forum, I'm also aware that may be just a vocal minority.

The times they are a changin lol

Yep, if you want over sexualised then there's still pieces for that, am sure prime 1 will deliver with their power girl lol

I love some of the older sideshow pieces like Harley, ivy and both catwomen. I think the newer sculpts are more realistic and whilst they seem largely unpopular on this forum, I'm also aware that may be just a vocal minority.

The times they are a changin lol

Yep. I can’t wait to get my hands on the Prime 1 1/3 Ivy. Now that’s a piece. By the time I receive Ivy, I’ll have her, CW and Harley, and I’ll have a full set just from Prime 1 (sort of).

And I thought both the newer Harley and Catwoman received an ‘okay’ reception on the forums? Not including Ivy.

:goodpost:

I’m more or less left of centre for my views (and most of Australia is centrist for our policies anyway) but even I’m shocked sometimes by the automatic reaction of individuals to statements that run even slightly counter to their beliefs, from both extremes.

You can’t even say the words political correctness (PC) nowadays without getting a reaction. I don’t see the problem in recognising the fact itself, and if society is moving in a particular direction, so be it.

Almost reminds me of the discussions I’m reading the past week on the nomination of Black Panther for best picture at the oscars. It’s almost incendiary to say you’re surprised by the nomination and that it shouldn’t win.

Black Panther was a good movie, is it Oscar quality in story? I would have to say no... It won't win, that much is obvious as it's just a ploy by the Oscars to try and improve their ratings as most viewers are tired of all the "artsy" independent films being nominated for Oscars, which hardly anybody sees to begin with.

As far as "sexualized" styled statues, I was a bit surprised the new Wonder Woman is as busty as she is, if SS is toning it down they must of gave WW a pass :lol

What is wrong or incorrect about a "busty" woman? Look around there are plenty of them out there in "real" life!:yess:

What is wrong or incorrect about a "busty" woman? Look around there are plenty of them out there in "real" life!:yess:

"Feminists" think it's sexist to draw or sculpt women with curvy bodies... And it's not "PC".... whatever that means... :rolleyes2

"Feminists" think it's sexist to draw or sculpt women with curvy bodies... And it's not "PC".... whatever that means... :rolleyes2
I'm glad you've put feminist in quote marks there because that's not what a real feminist would object to at all. A woman can be drawn or sculpted with a curvy body as long as it's not for the sole purpose of objectification and if the character has little value outside of those physical traits.

The fact that you guys are complaining that you no longer like these statues because they're not busty (a single physical female trait), that indicates the latter.. Not saying you are sexist, but that's what a feminist would object to.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Well there is a reason why the female based statues are so popular. And I wouldn't say it's just about the bust size but the total package. But because looks themselves can be categorised as a single aspect......

Heck there are some collectors who buy nothing but female statues because of the 'art form'.

As I wouldn't be getting Prime 1's Ivy if she wasn't so well done. As I have no particular interest for the character other than her being a Batman rogue.

Is anyone else concerned about those dynamite fuses on the base? Those look like they can snap off if you look at them funny.

Is anyone else concerned about those dynamite fuses on the base? Those look like they can snap off if you look at them funny.

I was wondering about that myself. Compare to the joker statue where you have to put everything on yourself, a lot of the little pieces on Harley seem pre assembled

For whatever reason, this one totally flew past my radar, but I actually really like it. Worried about the lean, but otherwise I am putting this smack dab into my maybe pile for this year. I'm gearing up to sell a ton of my stuff, and my goal is to move forward with fewer, more selective pieces, but dang it if I don't want some characters from BATS. Definitely keeping an eye on the Mr. Freeze PF, but I'm not really liking the complimentary Joker to this Harley, though. Also not liking the latest Batman. So I'm not sure which Joker and Batman to pair this with...

Back