SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I am going to recheck mine over. I thought it was all clear on mine but I am doing a final sweep of the area(s)

They will have replacements I bet in the future. I wish I could get a new yellow lion without the idiotic colors they used. If I had a spare I would do silver scrapes on it the proper way.

I defo need a new wing.

Ironic to see SS come out to defend their price point on this (in the beginning to prove how many pieces it is and how it justifies the cost)...too bad they dont extend the same type of concerns to the final product.

Ironic to see SS come out to defend their price point on this (in the beginning to prove how many pieces it is and how it justifies the cost)...too bad they dont extend the same type of concerns to the final product.

Sounds to me like sales were low and they had to push that thousand units. It was about their money, not our concerns. After they have our money they dont care. What really bugs me is that they dont just take extreme advantage of their disclaimer, its pretty much an outright lie. "Final product may differ" is the same thing as saying "Final product may not differ" and there was NEVER a chance for it to be the same as the prototype. They didnt just try to make it look like the prototype and failed- they never tried to make it look like it to begin with. They used different paints and different processes. That takes planning. I think SS really just has a problem with honesty. Its more important to them to sell out of massive ES's and steal the press at comicon than it is deliver what they sell. Its sad and frustrating as a collector.

Been cramming painting tutorials this last week. Voltron deserves to look awesome. If one good thing comes out of the SS circus, maybe it will be that Im forced to learn some painting skills.

It would actually not be that hard to do the battle damage correctly if you started with none but to repaint all of the colors would be tough due to how complex it is. I'm not thinking that it would be so bad if it was totally disassembled. The colored pieces I thought from the behind the scenes were worked on as separate pieces. Not sure anyone is painting this fully assembled so they get a box full of say the green lions green pieces to do.

KISS - keep it simple stupid and paint the color and only use silver for scrapes. To me if they kept that for all the colored pieces it fixes 99% of it. This will sound weird but be Voltron lol how would he hit or block or when he grabs onto a robobeast what would be scraping on it. Visually a few fights or for darn sakes watch the cartoons lol

The damage needs to not be in random directions even though it may be more likely it would be but it looks bad. Scuff the hard edges as paint would really rub off not brown blobs. There are areas that are not bad but then I see the same identical brush stroke blobs near each other clearly showing the artist is NOT experienced for this. Using artist just because they can paint doesn't equal good battle damage, they have to have the vision and the knowledge that goes with it.

Lastly did SS send out the detailed photos of the prototype or send out a rep, no they didn't and if so they should be fired for the long history. Hire Prime 1 for your painting or quit doing battle damage.

Now I say I love my Voltron and in general he's still bad as s but SS should own up to it but they always deflect because admission would equal the refund or exchange I guess in a year from now. I'd take a 50% refund and one totally disassembled statue shipped to me. Guaranteed mine will look better. Mostly because he'd have no damage but even with it I can do better. My only concern would be his face.

Meet this masterpiece by Will Harbottle!
This statue is heavy and huge and it have enough details to hold it up,Sideshow did very job on the metallic parts and rainbow armors,also you can find many inner structures in its arms and legs which make this piece highlight.
The sculpture is phenomenal,I love the design so much which is more detailed and cooler than the traditional Voltron design.This statue is much more tempting than those simple traditional feature.
I am ok with battle damage paint because it is pretty good upon the sun light,I got this statue lately so I was nervous before but those battle damage paint looks ok in my hand,none of battle damage paint is good in camera flashing, you can not judge it with those bad pics.
Here are some pics of mine,hope you like it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1503533669.068657.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1503533686.109485.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1503533704.425423.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1503533713.546221.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1503533741.152921.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1503533749.218253.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1503533758.063123.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1503533771.716559.jpg

The damage needs to not be in random directions even though it may be more likely it would be but it looks bad. Scuff the hard edges as paint would really rub off not brown blobs. There are areas that are not bad but then I see the same identical brush stroke blobs near each other clearly showing the artist is NOT experienced for this. Using artist just because they can paint doesn't equal good battle damage, they have to have the vision and the knowledge that goes with it.

Lastly did SS send out the detailed photos of the prototype or send out a rep, no they didn't and if so they should be fired for the long history. Hire Prime 1 for your painting or quit doing battle damage.
:exactly:

Artificially trying to age or create a damaged look to something is an art.

Good luck with the replacement. I lost my battle and returning mine for a full refund.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wow, they really wouldnt acknowledge the fingerprint?? What a joke- it was obvious. Too bad your not going to keep him for a repaint. At $1200 you shouldnt have to so its understandable. When theyre being jerks about a replacement, makes you not want to keep it too.

Omg that is bullcrap. I would not be accepting that. It's so idiotic because you can just order a new one lol

Just completely idiotic of SS. No company should deny any customer of an exchange and clearly the customer is always right is not a staple there. I've had all good with them.

Sorry

wow, they really wouldnt acknowledge the fingerprint?? What a joke- it was obvious. Too bad your not going to keep him for a repaint. At $1200 you shouldnt have to so its understandable. When theyre being jerks about a replacement, makes you not want to keep it too.
They finally acknowledge the finger print but not the rest of the bad QC. I felt mine had a worse paint job than what has been posted. They even left tape on mine as a bonus!

I would tell them that due to their refusal to make you happy you will be contacting the BBB about it. They should also know it's posted on the forums and everyone has seen the photos. If I had to is contact my state rep lol.

Good luck with the replacement. I lost my battle and returning mine for a full refund.

Thanks. I'm trying to be optimistic. Considering it's still available on the Sideshow site, will you try your luck again and order it from their site one more time?

I just today sent Sideshow pix of my broken Jango Fett left hand gun and the red lion right side wing paint issue and in one day they are sending me the Jango hand although I pay only shipping who cares and the wing is being replaced as well.

I've had tons of parts replaced from them. I only had an issue one time with the Hot Toys Space Trooper that had black smudges on it's white armor they said was normal lmao.

I have a small pile of parts laying around.

This is the first time they requested I smash the piece being replaced which is Voltrons wing. The hand was cracked mid pistol by me 2 days ago doh. All the moving building this shelf and literally the last move back to a holding area before I place it in its permanent spot and I hear cling, bling a ling a ling. I looked down and thought I dropped a drill bit from the sound but it was just the pistol mid gun up. Guess polystone sounds like metal hitting hardwood.

Anyway my point is that is was easy as always.

Back