SSC Voltron: Defender of the Universe Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side by side pix are disappointing but alone it's fine.

Additionally you cannot compare the photos as one is done in your house and the other is in a professional studio with proper lighting and cameras. Not to say the paint is the same it's just that we all know the proto is better and yes the thighs I went after straight away but these are professional pix and Photoshop has got to be used for enhancing. No way they don't.

Its not photoshop, its a different painting process. Basically you paint it gloss black and then paint mirror chrome over it to make it look like metal. Probably not done on the production piece because its more fragile and cant be sealed- it will dull the finish. The production piece metals are reflective under shelving light and even in daylight, but its still gray unlike the prototype. Its not just the thighs, its the Lion faces and legs too. I think Ill give it a shot, I need to practice on another piece tho, and it may be a while before I get around to it.

While all that may be true they definitely use enhanced photos. If they didn't they would be dumb at least for making their products look better.

The photo I see you posted looks a bit better than the videos I've seen of the prototype on YouTube. That goes for anything I have ever purchased.

I'm not saying they crank it up but it's definitely something. I'm a graphic designer that uses these programs and I use them in these ways and I personally think they do it.

After seeing some of you guys getting a better paint job. I decided to ask for an exchange and I was told to show more proof of the bad work. They tried claiming that the finger print on my yellow lion was a smudge. Do you guys that own it have that smudge that looks like a finger print? I feel my paint app is a bit worse than what you guys have been posting.
4665e3dfd053f51941e17f1a6418315b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't think your "finger print" smudge looks that bad at all. Voltron been through some $h!t, he's banged up and dirty. That's how I would look at it. If you can't look past it and it takes away from your enjoyment of this awesome statue then just return it.

Mr Zero it will constantly be on your mind and you might not even look at the statue anymore.
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I hope others here can post a pic of their yellow lion at the same location where the fingerprint/smudge is. If no one else has this, then that should be what you explain to customer service.

No way that's supposed to be there. It's a print that's smudge at the pressure point.

One of my wings has a wierd fat line area on it. In the full pic you can see it on the left wing or Voltrons right. Then theres a close up. Tail of black lion has brush strokes. Most I don't mind but why are there brush strokes lol or weird stuff on the wing.

I'd be scare to get a worse black lion.

IMG_5763.jpgIMG_5646.jpgIMG_5659.jpgIMG_5658.jpg

I dont know, its a weird iphone or mobile thing. Before I post pics I go into picture edit and rotate it horizontal back and forth. After that it displays the right way

Exactly what I do on my iPhone with pix. I spin it 1/4 then save then spin it around to normal and save it then it's right.

All the yellow lion pix prove 2 things.

1) That's a fingerprint

2) The same idiot painted all these.

The side should just have silver scrapes and on the curved part maybe scraping back toward the back. Nah let's use brown/black lol

All the scratch marks on the lion's are supposed to be weathered battle damage marks.If you go to the sideshow website, you'll see the same scratch marks on the Voltron maquette they have in the pics there.

Hey Guys. For those of you that purchased this Maquette, can anyone tell me if you have the same issue as mine? I received Sideshow's famous automated line when they don't want to provide a replacement.

"After comparing your pictures to a few examples that we have on hand here, we are not able to provide a replacement that would look different than the pieces you currently have. These all look identical as the same mold and cast was used for all pieces. If you are not satisfied with the final product, please let me know and I can set up an RMA for you to return your Voltron for a product purchase price refund."

Attachments

• IMG_2273.JPG
    IMG_2273.JPG
    853.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2279.JPG
    IMG_2279.JPG
    847.8 KB · Views: 97
lol, another reason why bad battle damage sux- your damaged statue is supposed to be that way! Grrr, here you go:

IMG_6201.jpg
IMG_6202.jpg

Hey Guys. For those of you that purchased this Maquette, can anyone tell me if you have the same issue as mine? I received Sideshow's famous automated line when they don't want to provide a replacement.

"After comparing your pictures to a few examples that we have on hand here, we are not able to provide a replacement that would look different than the pieces you currently have. These all look identical as the same mold and cast was used for all pieces. If you are not satisfied with the final product, please let me know and I can set up an RMA for you to return your Voltron for a product purchase price refund."

WTF happened there?
Looks like the painter did not use a good consistant mix and used paint that had clumps in it. :slap

Back