1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Captain Phasma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY!!!!

Day 0. I'm guessing the reveal is on Friday, like every other TFA reveal.

With so many boys dressed up as her for Halloween, do you guys think her reveal will be a pretty big "twist" to most of the GA when watching the movie?:lol

Are there really that many people who think it's a man? I thought it was pretty common knowledge who was playing Phasma.

Are there really that many people who think it's a man? I thought it was pretty common knowledge who was playing Phasma.

You would think right? But i keep seeing "he" or "him" when refering to Phasma on social media.

You would think right? But i keep seeing "he" or "him" when refering to Phasma on social media.

Yeah, although it's common knowledge to "us", I really think a majority of the GA have no idea that Gwendoline Christie is the Captain. Maybe they need to do a shoot with her in armor, just holding her helmet:dunno

Have to remember most of the population don't generally care who is playing who, its us "fans" who go into a meltdown over who is playing Batman or heading Han's speach in the trailer... To everyone else its simply "oh a new Batman" and "new Star Was at Christmas, cool I will see that when I can".

I never guessed from just seeing pictures and watching earlier footage that it was a woman, now I know it seems so obvious with certain posturing, movements ect (could just be in my head but others have said the same thing) which is one of the cool things I like already about her, the fact she is a she and not a he doesn't seem to matter and it will hopefully come to pass that the character named "Phasma" is a massive threat who kicks rebel booty when ever and where ever she needs to.

This gonna be tall like chewie I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Phasma also have a curvature to her breast plate that would indicate she's a woman? It's subtle, but I kinda remember seeing it. But yeah, the GA are probably thinking its another Boba Fett or something.

With so many boys dressed up as her for Halloween, do you guys think her reveal will be a pretty big "twist" to most of the GA when watching the movie?:lol

There are. I was at Disney Store a while back and looking at the TFA stuff when a boy brought over a Rey costume and asked his dad for it. His response was "No, are you crazy? That's the girl's costume, here take this." He handed him the Phasma costume and they walked off to the register.

Now despite the Disney Store running their little ad showing a girl in the costume in store, people were unaware. I've told that story a few times and people had no clue. We know because we're obsessed but the general public will be shocked. I have a feeling that we will get a Gwen head but it'll be added after the film is released.

This is an easy purchase for me, I love the look of Phasma especially flanked by Stormtroopers.

This is a no Brainer PO on Day 1! Could they be doing this one in DieCast? Im guessing a June 2016 release :drool

Interesting that this is the first TFA figure that Hot Toys have teased before the full reveal. They clearly think that it's something special.

I'm just a little worried about which TFA figures SS is going to get. Glad this isn't one of them.
Seems obvious they won't be doing any. Pretty sure they are sticking with PFs.

Diecast???
She's not any different than the regular troops, armour-wise, aside from having a chrome finish. Making her diecast would be pretty odd.

Cool looking armour. Looking forward to the reveal.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Phasma also have a curvature to her breast plate that would indicate she's a woman? It's subtle, but I kinda remember seeing it.

PhasmaArmor.jpg

Back