1/6 Threezero: The Walking Dead 1/6 Glenn Rhee Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he looks pretty good but I just can't see past the pegs in the wrists being a totally different colour to his skin tone.

Just so off putting to me.

I'm thinking of finding some sixth scale bracelets or a watch or something for this very reason. Not screen accurate, but wrist pegs always bothered me in general.

I ordered one. The figure is the most boring version of Glenn they could have made but he was too important a character for me to pass on. Starting to wonder if Carl will be the last.

The Glenn I recieved is a marked improvement in base body from the Mulder figure they made not that long ago.

Whereas Mulder could not hold a dynamic pose, let alone barely stand up due to his ankle joints being loose (which apparent was a common complaint), Glenn is a pretty hefty figure in the joints. It takes a small amount of force to turn his arms and legs, and when you do, there's a satisfying clicking noise that goes with it. I'm just going to optimistically assume that's on purpose, and that I didn't get an over-tightened figure... ;)

As for his clothes, a little dull, I agree, but I am lost to think of a more trademark look. Given the nature of the show, these characters switch clothing seemingly from episode to episode, and always pretty ugly clothes too. They shirts though do look a bit oversized and a bit more Barbie like as opposed to say Hot Toys, but the detailed belt accessories do help give anchor them down from being too puffy, and give his outfit a measure of forced perspective. Definitely need to futz with this guy a bit, but nothing too exhaustive. I popped a couple buttons on his shirt and yanked it down, and it ended up looking a lot more natural.

The sculpt is where it really throws me off. I'm a recent novice to this hobby, and my collection, although small, is almost exclusively Hot Toys. Not exactly a fair comparison, considering the price difference. But my only two non Hot Toys figures are Threezero's Fox Mulder and EnterBay's Ip Man (Donnie Yen). Comparing Glenn to the latter two figures, he comes across more cartoonish, and definently has very soft features. Maybe I'm being harsh, but to me he straddles the line between EnterBay's Ip Man and a Barbie, in terms of portrait.

Something about the sculpt just seems unfortunately off and mannequin-ish when viewed up close, but if you pose him under a lamp, for example, when shadows play across his face, he's dead on Glenn. I mean, compare him to Rick, for example... Rick looks only vaguely like a Rick at any angle, but for Glenn, the likeness is there, the paint job just lets it down.

When compared to Mulder, Mulder looks awesome. I don't know, maybe it's just that Steven Yeun has more softer features which makes it harder to translate, but TZ's Glenn just feels like a step down from Mulder in terms of likeness. Even his eyes somehow seem less detailed than any of the figures I've seen, more in common with an Xbox 360 Avatar. And while I'm still on comparisons between the two, why does ThreeZero insist on giving their figures such a weird skin tone? It's almost like these figures are in the early stages of jaundice...

Overall though, I really love having this guy in my collection. Considering I bought him with my Sideshow Rewards points, he was a steal. For 160, I'd say it depends on how much you like the character. For me, that's still a yes, since I'd still get him even if just on principle for what the character did in terms of representation.

Bring on Maggie!!!

I ordered one. The figure is the most boring version of Glenn they could have made but he was too important a character for me to pass on. Starting to wonder if Carl will be the last.

Out of genuine curiosity, what made this a boring representation of the character? Would you have opted for a season 1 delivery boy version, or a season 2 riot gear version, etc?

The Glenn I recieved is a marked improvement in base body from the Mulder figure they made not that long ago.

Whereas Mulder could not hold a dynamic pose, let alone barely stand up due to his ankle joints being loose (which apparent was a common complaint), Glenn is a pretty hefty figure in the joints. It takes a small amount of force to turn his arms and legs, and when you do, there's a satisfying clicking noise that goes with it. I'm just going to optimistically assume that's on purpose, and that I didn't get an over-tightened figure... ;)

As for his clothes, a little dull, I agree, but I am lost to think of a more trademark look. Given the nature of the show, these characters switch clothing seemingly from episode to episode, and always pretty ugly clothes too. They shirts though do look a bit oversized and a bit more Barbie like as opposed to say Hot Toys, but the detailed belt accessories do help give anchor them down from being too puffy, and give his outfit a measure of forced perspective. Definitely need to futz with this guy a bit, but nothing too exhaustive. I popped a couple buttons on his shirt and yanked it down, and it ended up looking a lot more natural.

The sculpt is where it really throws me off. I'm a recent novice to this hobby, and my collection, although small, is almost exclusively Hot Toys. Not exactly a fair comparison, considering the price difference. But my only two non Hot Toys figures are Threezero's Fox Mulder and EnterBay's Ip Man (Donnie Yen). Comparing Glenn to the latter two figures, he comes across more cartoonish, and definently has very soft features. Maybe I'm being harsh, but to me he straddles the line between EnterBay's Ip Man and a Barbie, in terms of portrait.

Something about the sculpt just seems unfortunately off and mannequin-ish when viewed up close, but if you pose him under a lamp, for example, when shadows play across his face, he's dead on Glenn. I mean, compare him to Rick, for example... Rick looks only vaguely like a Rick at any angle, but for Glenn, the likeness is there, the paint job just lets it down.

When compared to Mulder, Mulder looks awesome. I don't know, maybe it's just that Steven Yeun has more softer features which makes it harder to translate, but TZ's Glenn just feels like a step down from Mulder in terms of likeness. Even his eyes somehow seem less detailed than any of the figures I've seen, more in common with an Xbox 360 Avatar. And while I'm still on comparisons between the two, why does ThreeZero insist on giving their figures such a weird skin tone? It's almost like these figures are in the early stages of jaundice...

Overall though, I really love having this guy in my collection. Considering I bought him with my Sideshow Rewards points, he was a steal. For 160, I'd say it depends on how much you like the character. For me, that's still a yes, since I'd still get him even if just on principle for what the character did in terms of representation.

Bring on Maggie!!!

Out of genuine curiosity, what made this a boring representation of the character? Would you have opted for a season 1 delivery boy version, or a season 2 riot gear version, etc?

Definitely wanted the riot gear version. But happy enough with this I suppose. It's basic outfit but pretty well executed by 3Z. The weathering on the boots is a nice touch. The accessories and holster are nice as well. Glenn is a throwback character from when I really liked the show so I am happy to have him. Hoping for Maggie too.

As an aside you will always be disappointed in Threezero human head sculpts if you expect Hot Toys level paint apps. It's never happened, this Glenn is among the best sculpts I have seen from them so far.

Sorry to bump a months old thread, but I have a question about the shirt color. I'm needing a tan/khaki shirt with rolled up sleeves for a figure.

In some pictures this shirt looks tan and in others brown, can anyone with the figure tell for sure what color it is? Thanks in advance.

s-l16jk00.jpg
s-l1dsfsd600.jpg

Sorry to bump a months old thread, but I have a question about the shirt color. I'm needing a tan/khaki shirt with rolled up sleeves for a figure.

In some pictures this shirt looks tan and in others brown, can anyone with the figure tell for sure what color it is? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 482474
View attachment 482475

Depends on the lighting, in bright natural light it looks like the top image, but in dull light looks like the bottom image. either way the shirt has never looked brown to me more tan/ grey in my opinion. hope that helps

Back