Mezco's Wolfman (7 inch) review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
More computer issues slowed me down tonight, but it didn't take me out of the game. I'm looking at the new Wolfman, based on the old Wolfman, done up in style by Mezco Toyz. We won't see the remake hit screens for another month, but the figures are out now. And I have to say I'm really liking most aspects of this figure...with the exception of the neatly coiffed hair. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

I think the Poppies and People's Choice voting will begin Sunday night, and there's some really GREAT nominees in every category. Have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

I've got the Blockbuster exclusive version. And as far as I can tell, Blockbuster's is just bloody with an open mouthed head. I've heard there is a standard bloody variant and I'm wondering what, if any, the differences are between those.

I'll be looking for this clean version soon though!

I think we'll get the same sort of variants with the 12" too, as that tends to be Mezco's style.

What I'm really hoping turns out nice is the prop replica medallion - I love those kind of smal replicas!

Nice review! Would you mind telling me where you found the regular version for sale? I got the Blockbuster exclusive, but I'd like to find a non-bloody version.

Average,looks like something Macfarlane could have put out 10 years ago.

I clicked that link from your site, but it says it's not in stock for a few weeks.

Looks like a nice solid figure, and a nice alternative for someone who doesn't want to pay out the nose for every item in their collection. I will probably pick one up. I have noticed that I have so much high end stuff now, that the smaller more affordable pieces are becoming appealing to me. Less money, and they take up less space. Both of which I am low on,lol.:lol

Right, wrong or indifferent I gotta get this piece of plastic; I'm a lifelong Wolfman fan. I called three Blockbusters in the area and the one closest to home is the only place that has them, the other two had no idea what I was talking about. Hopefully they'll be there when I get off I work. I can't believe there are Blockbusters still out there!

Well, being a big Wolf Man fan, I went ahead and ordered me one. Hope it turns out okay. Should have him Friday, expect pics here then.

All BB had was the bloody version which I was happy about because I didn't want to have to choose between the two types. Paid $14.99 for it and placed it on my work desk, can't post pics from work though. But the figure looks exactly like all the pics of him online. It's nice and heavy and the cane accessory is fairly detailed considering the size. I noticed they took out the pentagram from its design.

I had thought to repaint the eyes so they look forward but the way he's standing on my desk the expression looks great. I don't think the 12" figure is needed after seeing this one. And the bloody version is the way to go!

I've seen the bloody version at Blockbuster and love it. I haven't seen the regular version nor the 12 inch piece, but I'm eager to see some pics. A life long werewolf fan, I'm so exited that we may be getting a good werewolf flick. I'm hard pressed to recommend 5 werewolf films. Hopefully, this will move to the top of the list. Thanks for the review Michael. Oh yeah, I wanted to share this new and upcoming Wolfman poster that I'm sure we'll all be adding to our collections:

WolfMan_CHUDCorner2.jpg

Might go hunt down one of these figures tomorrow. I guess I'll decide on whether to get the regular or BB exclusive when I actually see the product in person. I was just surprised by Mezco's move to provide an exclusive for Blockbuster, meaning they're closing up half their chain stores.

I'm hard pressed to recommend 5 werewolf films.

Really? I'd think these five would be absolute recommendations -

1 - the original Wolfman
2 - American Werewolf in London
3 - Dog Soldiers
4 - Ginger Snaps
5 - The Howling

All of them I really enjoyed...

Really? I'd think these five would be absolute recommendations -

1 - the original Wolfman
2 - American Werewolf in London
3 - Dog Soldiers
4 - Ginger Snaps
5 - The Howling

All of them I really enjoyed...

NO SILVER BULLET ? ? ?

silverbullet_4up.jpg

Aside from the SHINING it's my favotite Stephen King film.

cycle_of_the_werewolf_02_stor.jpg
werewolf1.jpg

Back