Premium Format Bespin Luke Skywalker Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This piece is not as great as should have been, but I am sure I am going to give in and buy. Why did market have to go this way when I started collecting I paid
$220.00 for Darth Maul Pf and was shipped for $10.00. Now Pfs are $550.00 and to ship a piece like this cost $50.00 just to go a few hundred miles. When I started collecting wanted a complete line of Star Wars statues and PFs, forget that now.
So wanted
X-Wing Luke
Both Tauntauns
Rebel Hoth Trooper
New Jedi Luke
Darth Maul on Bike
S.T.A.P.
Battledroid
Droideka
Magna Guard

The only reason people are probably going to PO this is because there are currently no alternatives. Competition is good. I want a luke statue really bad but its not worth the price SSC is asking, the portrait and pose are seriously lacking... his waistline also looks too thin.. A few years ago i would have ordered this just because i "need" a Luke statue in my collection, but i've learned over the collecting years not to settle & that patience pays off... I know we will get another luke statue at some point (probably not from SSC) but by some other company (looking at you iron studios...). Honestly, it wasn't that long ago i settled on a SSC statue because at the time of PO it was the only option and i just had to have this character in my collection. Needless to say i've regretted that decision ever since Iron Studios announced (showed pictures) of their version of the same character.. I bet you can guess which statue/character i'm referring too

Last edited:
I think SSC Darth Vader is great, but I do agree pose not so great and PVC head. I also ordered IS Darth Vader.

This looks nice here.

luke.jpg
luke1.jpg

Last edited:
Something about his face looks off in these photos. Kinda resembles a grumpy old man in certain shots. I'll probably be sticking with my Jedi Luke PF.

I like it. Yes.. pose could be way better.. but the outfit is very well done and the portrait is also best so far in 1/4 IMO. But the blast is a must cause I think the saber is not working with that hand position

I think it looks about the same... Which is not a good thing.

This PF is almost painful. Technically it's the best 1/4 Luke ever made AND it's from freaking Empire Strikes Back and yet...I just can't bring myself to love the damn thing.

On another note great new sig buddy! It's very "Shallows-esque." :monkey3

I like it. Yes.. pose could be way better.. but the outfit is very well done and the portrait is also best so far in 1/4 IMO. But the blast is a must cause I think the saber is not working with that hand position

I agree with the costume sentiment, but I think the Jedi Luke sculpt is better. I was hoping for more with this piece particularly with the price tag. I will be sticking with my Jedi Luke as well for my 1/4 statue. It's too bad because Empire is my favorite movie and I love Bespin Luke.

I'm holding out in the hopes that Iron Studio will do a Luke and Han statue.

With the aftermarket being dead thanks to all the new companies flooding the market with new statues, it's not worth buying something unless your 100% in love with it, otherwise your going to take a huge hit if you try to sell it later.

This PF is almost painful. Technically it's the best 1/4 Luke ever made AND it's from freaking Empire Strikes Back and yet...I just can't bring myself to love the damn thing.

On another note great new sig buddy! It's very "Shallows-esque." :monkey3

If only anything in that film was as cool as my sig ;)

Ex set to 600..

wow those star wars statues lately are very slow sellers seams like..

Sideshow must change something here...

Yes I agree, not sure what Sideshow can do.. They need to make both Tauntauns before Pf get too expensive, I think those would sell great. This piece not so great but this is my second most loved Luke uniform, at these levels can't imagine this getting made again. I remember when Jedi Luke came out people just laughed at that piece and very few bought, I got mine from BBTS for $200.00 not it's a highly wanted Pf.

600 is about what I expected as far as the Ex edition size goes.

I needed to be wowed to pay the kind of cash SS is asking and I can't say this fits the bill. I may grab it down the road if a deal presents itself.

Back