1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing the Q2 / Q3 2017 attached to the photo spread's product description effectively deflates my overwhelming excitement over the pictures leaving me with a cold and empty break even feeling...I guess that it would be expected but I was hoping that somehow there would be a surprise Q1 2017 date...oh well it will look just as good...THIS TIME NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Where did you see Q2/Q3? I haven't seen that anywhere yet.

If that's true, I wish HT would get on the ball with releasing these figures a LITTLE closer to the movie release. Like TFA came out in December and we're just getting the characters in now. And Civil War was out in May, other than Cap, all the figures are coming in October-December. I'm positive they get the pictures of the costumes from Marvel way ahead of time, so why THAT long of a holdup?

Just something silly to complain about, because the wait can get annoying.

Dr. Strange is a no-brainer for me. Only thing I don't particularly like is the quilt-like look inside of the cape.

One, IF NOT the best likeness on a figure ever made, by any company, period. Absolutely stunning figure.

Am I going to get it? Not in this lifetime. Couldn't care less about this character.

I am very impressed with the look of this figure. The costume design for Strange is really cool and translates well in the 1/6 medium.

Looks good, but hard for me to get too excited about another Marvel movie character. Compound that with the likelihood that we will get multiple variants over the next couple of years.

I can not wait for this seriously. I can not believe I live in a world where we are getting a blockbuster Doctor Strange movie. I remember having to import T shirts from the back of comic books because the UK had nothing when I was a child. I have set music for the trailer to the photos. Please let me know if you like this sort of thing. Remember you shape our channel. Also a new figure unboxing coming today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2nfgHL19eY&feature=youtu.be

Nicely done.

I assume I will pick this up, especially if his amulet ends up being one of the infinity stones.

I think the diorama and base sets that come with such figures are great. I am not saying all figures need to be displayed with those but if you keep a specific center Piece and rotate that choice (diorama And figure) from time to time and the collection can look distinct and classy. Like a center piece for the month, brings in a huge variety.
It's always better to have the diorama and base stands - you can always buy a 5 dollar stand to replace that if and when you want it to be just another figure in a queue.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

I tend to agree with you, Leon, the only problem is that it does remove a lot of the airiness that detolfs provide and boxes things in. I have one shelf with the backdrop and it just seems so heavy and dark compared to the openness of my others, you know?

I tend to agree with you, Leon, the only problem is that it does remove a lot of the airiness that detolfs provide and boxes things in. I have one shelf with the backdrop and it just seems so heavy and dark compared to the openness of my others, you know?

I agree. It's great if you want to have Dr. Strange as your center piece but if not it does take away the 'minimalist'/organised look of your collection.

I do not care about Dr. House, sorry, i mean Strange. But i do like Benedict so the likeness hit me, also all the details on the figure. Must have for me.

That's assuming you're displaying in a detolf. Still blows my mind that people will have like $5,000 worth of figures displayed in a $50 shelf -- I'm guilty of this also. I guess when ever I have the spare funds to upgrade the display, a new figure gets announced! :rotfl

HOW. MUCH?

That will decide it all for me. I want this, so...how much sideshow/hot toys, etc.? If it's not too crazy I may bite. The figure is stunning and I'm getting hyped about the film.

Back