Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish someone would come up with both, the eyes and the mouth mod. :(

What did you say about the lower jaw lars, could'nt get it. :confused:

Sorry my friend I typed that mini tutorial up super quick when I was in a hurry. The head I put the factory face plate on (the one pictured) was a spare head I had previously started working on the jaw some time back. It was all I had at the time to take a picture of the factory face plate with the eye trick on last night. I have a totally finished and modded face plate, mouth, eyes, etc. head that I have been working on for some time now. It will be shown in a few weeks in video form.

The totally modded face/head that I will be showing later took WAY too much time and effort to complete. That is why I thought this quick eye trick would help a lot of people with no time involved and you cannot mess your mask up.

What did you do to the mouth part? I don't get it. It looks fantastic though!

I modded a few head's jaws awhile back. I only completed one totally. That is the head that I will be showing later probably next week in video form(along with the modded face mask). The head I used to photo the factory face mask on in the eye trick tutorial was a spare head I never finished the jaw on completely. An unfinished back up sort of speak. It was all I had at the time.

The eye trick looks great on a factory head though as well. The black spaces around the eyes minimize the mouth dramatically. It gives the head a very similar look to the sideshow mark III life size bust. Good thing is you can do it in 5 minutes and if you don't like it you can take it off immediately and your face mask is still 100% perfect.

Arrrrrghhhh. My credit card had an issue, fixed it but won't be able to get sideshow to charge me till at least Monday, I hate charging on Fridays no time to fox if there's a typo or any issue

I hope more cards have issues and convert to my waiting list.:clap

I love this Lars! Your mod not only helps the shape, but gives a really nice depth to the eyes too.

Awesome work :clap

Thank you my friend! Super quick and easy thing anyone can try out and see if they like it or not.

Your right about the depth as well. That is actually what helps the most when seen in person. It sets the eyes back in the head rather then right up on the face. Which is how iron mans eyes are(recessed).

For keeping everything stock it is by far the best thing you can do in my opinion. It makes the eyes look like sideshows life size mark III bust. Which is much, much better in my opinion as well. No harm for trying it out either.:yess:

This is the BD version...
BDIronMan_zps89155937.jpg

I think the guys that are holding out for this are really losing out! It hardly looks different than the regular!

Looks great count me in!
:clap

I'm certainly in for one of these faceplates!

Those looks great! Sign me up.

I want/need one of those face plates
Thanks everyone. :wave
A faceplate + clear eye piece will run for $35 shipped within the USA and for now I'll just be asking for a NRD of $20 if you want to secure your spot in my first batch. Casting process for my batch of 30 will be starting next week or next next week and hopefully I can ship out the first 5 faceplates within the next 4-6 weeks. Having the clear eye pieces casted takes a tremendously long time.

Thread will be up within the next hour so keep an eye out. :clap

Do you have one that is 100% done yet?
I finished my initial mask but it's currently being prepped to be casted so unfortunately I wasn't able to take a picture of it. :( Until I have my 30 casted, I'll be further testing the paint process on other plastic items to try various options and show everyone to see what they think.

The eye size is staying the same but the overall finish is smooth and glossy like a brand new model car.

Thanks everyone. :wave
A faceplate + clear eye piece will run for $35 shipped within the USA and for now I'll just be asking for a NRD of $20 if you want to secure your spot in my first batch. Casting process for my batch of 30 will be starting next week or next next week and hopefully I can ship out the first 5 faceplates within the next 4-6 weeks. Having the clear eye pieces casted takes a tremendously long time.

Thread will be up within the next hour so keep an eye out. :clap

If i get on the list can i send deposit in the morning Uk time? It's half 1 in the morning already here

Hows the gold color match? It looked a bit whiter than the original but that could have easily been due to lighting
It's SLIGHTLY lighter but yes the lighting has to do with it. Under normal lighting, you can't tell the difference, especially with it being polished and buffed.

As I mentioned earlier, during the next 4-6 weeks that I'm casting the faceplates and eye pieces, I'll be testing out the paint before the casts are done so that I have various options before painting the casted faceplates.

Also what I found odd was that the red on the stock faceplate doesn't match the overall Mark VII red. You can see it in my picture above that the red on the faceplate is slightly darker as well so not sure if that's just my faceplate or what. :dunno

Last edited:
If i get on the list can i send deposit in the morning Uk time? It's half 1 in the morning already here
Yes you can. Just hope the list doesn't get filled by then! My first batch will be limited to only 30 or 35 if I get past the 30 mark within the next week.

Back