Who has the Buffy sixth scale RIGHTS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad phone pics but you get the idea. Not my figs buffy1.jpg

Thanks davidjames for posting yours-my phone camera stinks. BTW, I thought that maybe you had Darren paint them.

The heads are still a bit oversized on the newer bodies, especially on Buffy after I made it more accurate to the actress's height. But it still works well enough I think. It would be cool if I could replace them with updated sculpts someday, but that doesn't seem very likely.

I painted them and just used some cheap generic bodies I found on ebay. It's been so long I don't remember which though. For Buffy I just cut the legs with a dremel and shortened them.

I painted them and just used some cheap generic bodies I found on ebay. It's been so long I don't remember which though. For Buffy I just cut the legs with a dremel and shortened them.
Are you interested in painting anyone elses? I have to say I love your overall job of custom on these. But I'll need mine painted as well. I really want to get my guy to do sculpts of more of the demons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No sorry, afraid I don't do any commission work, as I can barely find the time anymore to work on my own projects. :p
Ok just sell me yours then and I'll send you my raw figs and you can remake them as you like as you have time lolol ;) thanks bud you're the best!

Duuuude, those repaint/re-bods have impressed and inspired me so I’ve nabbed Graduation Day Buffy, OG Angel, Regular Spike and The Master to finally give my favourite Whedon project the representation it deserves on my shelves. I’ll get to repainting next month after I’ve moved house.

Shopping around for female bodies is tricky. Going the seamless route seams unnecessary seeing as she’ll be fully clothed but those bodies look like they’d fill the clothing out much better. A good detailed neck is going to be the most essential feature. I’m pretty clued up on male bodies but could use some advice for dealing with the ladies- story of my life.
SMG is pretty short, especially compared to Angel so in 1:6 she should stand at around 27cm- the body’s neck reaching about 25cm, I’m thinking a healthy, suntanned skin tone with a medium bust should work. Then it’s just a matter of meeting those criteria as cheaply as possible.

That's great. Did you get good deals on them. I found some listed for near retail cost. Getting new bodies and fitting the clothes a bit with repaints-make some great looking figures.

Like 40-50 bucks. Some are more now on the secondary market, like 100-150 for the rare ones. The gang seems to be pretty cheap still.

That's great. Did you get good deals on them. I found some listed for near retail cost. Getting new bodies and fitting the clothes a bit with repaints-make some great looking figures.
I’d say I got some pretty smashing deals considering what they’re all going for on eBay, especially with Spike, Angel and Zander. I’m also in the U.K. so the options aren’t quite as good.
Expanded the collection even more now to Graduation Day Buffy, OG Angel, Regular Spike, a loose Vampire Spike head, The Master, Willow, Zander, Vampire Willow and Faith. All of that for the price of two regular Hot Toys- but all the upgrade bodies will soon make up for it.

The Master showed up with the paint on his nose completely smashed off and scraped all over the inside of the plastic window so I immediately repainted that- despite the fact I intend to strip the paint and fully redo all of them- I simply couldn’t bare to have it in my possession in such a state. But just through that little rework I could tell how much all these sculpts will benefit from a more attentive paint job.

I’ve got a lot of work cut out for me but am really excited to have a quality Buffy display in progress. I’m certainly going to redress Faith in a less drab, sexier [like the SS statue] outfit and will attempt to either re-sculpt or add detail to Angel’s poofy hair as those are the most immediately unsatisfactory elements with the set. Now I just wish I could find that elusive exclusive Giles!

Anyone else change/upgrade characters outfits? Please do share.

I?d say I got some pretty smashing deals considering what they?re all going for on eBay, especially with Spike, Angel and Zander. I?m also in the U.K. so the options aren?t quite as good.
Expanded the collection even more now to Graduation Day Buffy, OG Angel, Regular Spike, a loose Vampire Spike head, The Master, Willow, Zander, Vampire Willow and Faith. All of that for the price of two regular Hot Toys- but all the upgrade bodies will soon make up for it.

The Master showed up with the paint on his nose completely smashed off and scraped all over the inside of the plastic window so I immediately repainted that- despite the fact I intend to strip the paint and fully redo all of them- I simply couldn?t bare to have it in my possession in such a state. But just through that little rework I could tell how much all these sculpts will benefit from a more attentive paint job.

I?ve got a lot of work cut out for me but am really excited to have a quality Buffy display in progress. I?m certainly going to redress Faith in a less drab, sexier [like the SS statue] outfit and will attempt to either re-sculpt or add detail to Angel?s poofy hair as those are the most immediately unsatisfactory elements with the set. Now I just wish I could find that elusive exclusive Giles!

I just bought a lot of most of them for about 300ish usd for about 9 of them. I'm in the same process as you. I'll update as I go. Please share as well...

I?d say I got some pretty smashing deals considering what they?re all going for on eBay, especially with Spike, Angel and Zander. I?m also in the U.K. so the options aren?t quite as good.

The Master showed up with the paint on his nose completely smashed off and scraped all over the inside of the plastic window so I immediately repainted that- despite the fact I intend to strip the paint and fully redo all of them- I simply couldn?t bare to have it in my possession in such a state. But just through that little rework I could tell how much all these sculpts will benefit from a more attentive paint job.

I?ve got a lot of work cut out for me but am really excited to have a quality Buffy display in progress. I?m certainly going to redress Faith in a less drab, sexier [like the SS statue] outfit and will attempt to either re-sculpt or add detail to Angel?s poofy hair as those are the most immediately unsatisfactory elements with the set. Now I just wish I could find that elusive exclusive Giles!

Are these figures hard to find now?
I've got two Giles figures, I was just looking at the not MIB one the other day thinking if I should use the components on a different figure.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

I've got two Giles figures, I was just looking at the not MIB one the other day thinking if I should use the components on a different figure.

From what I’ve observed, Giles and Drusilla are up there as the hardest to acquire so you’re doing well to own two of Giles. I just found one last week So he can wrap up my collection. I also found the exclusive Cordelia- second hand with no box and some paint chip- for an absolute steal. She definitely needs a new outfit to make her a more Buffy specific figure.
If you keep an eye on eBay then you’ll be able to get the majority of the rest of the cast without too much trouble but prices certainly seem to be getting higher.

I just moved house so haven’t made a start on my Buffy mods yet due to having so much redecorating and setting up all new shelves and lighting in my room. The Christmas holiday is about to begin though so I should be able to get down to business and share the progress as I go along. I bought two pretty decent looking female bodies so they’ll be good for Graduation Buffy and either Willow or Faith so guess I’ll be starting there.

You can find them all and cheap just have to be patient. I'm mostly waiting for a cheap Giles/cordy/drucilla and all the monsters at this point. Especially d'hofferin and der kinderstod

Back