Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too man. Dunno why they havent, honestly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well, you already made a perfect COTBP Jack (although I would put the right side beads a bit higher closer to the right eye/cheek...but that's just me :lol), but I can understand if you buy a new HT version.

I'm still waiting on the cannibal king jack 2.0.

Also a Davey Jones 2.0.

Would love if they finally did a Barbosa or a Salazar.

I'd settle for a Cannibal 2.0 because his look is close enough to COTBP. I was watching Pirates 4 and 5 a few days ago and I can't stand the way he looks now. He looks like a whore in drags. Thankfully, the HT figures look much better than he did in those films.

I guess while I'm ranting about of 4 and 5, I also dislike his bandanna decoration in 4 and 5. It lost all meaning. In the first 3 films he always wore a few beads with a Spanish coin, so that was his look, and the coin even played a role in the third film. So it had some kind of implied meaning or history, but at the end of part 3 he's wearing a new decoration that looks like a shark's fang, which was fine, he needed something new after losing the coin, I guess, but in part 4, it was gone and replaced by some bones and a human tooth for no reason, then in part 5 now has like a little hook thingy...and it's like, none of it means anything. It lost all meaning. Ok, I'm done. :lol

Well, you already made a perfect COTBP Jack (although I would put the right side beads a bit higher closer to the right eye/cheek...but that's just me [emoji38]), but I can understand if you buy a new HT version.

I'd settle for a Cannibal 2.0 because his look is close enough to COTBP. I was watching Pirates 4 and 5 a few days ago and I can't stand the way he looks now. He looks like a whore in drags. Thankfully, the HT figures look much better than he did in those films.

I guess while I'm ranting about of 4 and 5, I also dislike his bandanna decoration in 4 and 5. It lost all meaning. In the first 3 films he always wore a few beads with a Spanish coin, so that was his look, and the coin even played a role in the third film. So it had some kind of implied meaning or history, but at the end of part 3 he's wearing a new decoration that looks like a shark's fang, which was fine, he needed something new after losing the coin, I guess, but in part 4, it was gone and replaced by some bones and a human tooth for no reason, then in part 5 now has like a little hook thingy...and it's like, none of it means anything. It lost all meaning. Ok, I'm done. [emoji38]
[emoji1][emoji1] Thanks...I am pretty happy with it! But yeah Jack (and Indy) I have a hard time passing up if HT or other company were to do them.

I'd still love to have that Cannibal Jack 2.0 they teased years ago!

And I'm with you on the "piece of eight" it kinda lost all meaning and just became a "cosmetic trinket" now. I prefer the Piece of Eight look out them all for sure.

I'm still hopeful that HT will make a COTBP Jack one day. :pray:

Me too man. Dunno why they havent, honestly.

The Pirates license with HT has been a puzzling one for sure. We got Jack, Will and Elizabeth as well as Davy Jones for important characters, neglecting inclusion of Barbossa and including one offs like Sao Feng and Angelica. I don't think it comes down to likeness, NECA did like every character from the movies.

I think we got DX06 for 2 reasons, 1 being HT wanting to show off their advancements to coincide with the new movie release, and 2 being to compete with Enterbay whom they seemed to almost have a feud with for a time around it's release.

Fast forward a few years, I think we get DX15 because they like Depp, Jack seems to sell well, and they saw opportunity to sell another figure with minimal new work and loads of opportunity for new accessories and display to make the package appealing to even those who already had DX06.

I think lack of anything from POTC 1-3 comes down to the minimal items they could throw in the package to help it sell. Best bet I could see is a DX with separate Curse and DMC/AWE hair pieces, same face plates, add things like Davy Jones' chest, some sort of base that's elaborate like the rudder and DMTNT base, but HT rarely does multiple movies in one DX release. Not sure what holds them back, maybe just don't consider it priority with everything else contemporary they're trying to do. HT is biting off a lot right now and not being as deep with their licenses as they could if they did less. Star Wars has a lot of figures from past films alone they could be diving into and haven't even gotten to yet.

Perhaps, depending on how much change there is to his look, if we are lucky to get a POTC 6 with Depp, maybe they'll do a DX based on past films and just cash in on the hype of a new movie.

If we don't get a new film with Depp though, I don't forsee any more Jack's from them unless HT makes some sort of new leap in figure quality they want to show off with what has been pretty unanimously one of their best release every time it comes out. DX06 and DX15 haven been hailed as some of the best figures out when they were first released.

I guess while I'm ranting about of 4 and 5, I also dislike his bandanna decoration in 4 and 5. It lost all meaning. In the first 3 films he always wore a few beads with a Spanish coin, so that was his look, and the coin even played a role in the third film. So it had some kind of implied meaning or history, but at the end of part 3 he's wearing a new decoration that looks like a shark's fang, which was fine, he needed something new after losing the coin, I guess, but in part 4, it was gone and replaced by some bones and a human tooth for no reason, then in part 5 now has like a little hook thingy...and it's like, none of it means anything. It lost all meaning. Ok, I'm done. :lol

And I'm with you on the "piece of eight" it kinda lost all meaning and just became a "cosmetic trinket" now. I prefer the Piece of Eight look out them all for sure.

I was always of the impression Jack's piece happened to be the only one that was actually a coin, I didn't think the entire dongle on his bandana was part, but Barbossa took it all anyway, so for me, the new one at the end of AWE and carrying forward was about Jack feeling attached to it as part of his look, and wanting to replace it, so it's presence to me still has meaning, just different meaning. I do agree that the version in part 4 was ugly and I hated that they put it on the other side for whatever weird reason, but I feel like the part 5 version looks closer to 1-3 and works fine. It would have been nice if they made his piece of eight something more subtle like hiding in his dreadlocks that you wouldn't even notice missing, but I get why they did what they did, and it was a bit of a "so that's what that's on there for" moment when they revealed where his was.

So honest opinion, if you could have just one, would it be the DX06 or the DX15? Jack is that one figure for me that every time I look pics of him, I want it, even though my entire collection is Star Wars and he wouldn't match my collection at all. I found a pretty good deal for the DX06 but unfortunately I would have to sell a figure or two to buy him since I can't spend any unnecessary funds.

Will hot toys release a new figure for the next pirate of the caribbean movie?

At this point, if Sparrow is in it and played by Depp, likely they will, it'll be some years between then and this figure so more chance to try and show off improvement on things, but unless some other big marketable named joined the franchise in a non-Sparrow/Depp movie, I doubt we'll see anything, there are popular core characters and even past iterations of Jack that aren't being made.

Wluv8ap.jpg

I hope the next DX Jack Sparrow comes with a deluxe Amber Heard set with 50million lawsuit briefcase and jar of dirt and tears

I wanted to share my Jack Sparrow. This is one character that a very small dedicated group obsess in detail about the absolute most minor of details almost more than any other character (the short list I can think of are Indana Jones, Darth Vader and Boba Fett) and it makes me feel a bit out of my depth because I'm not obsessed with the character myself, but I love it and found this thread so helpful, particularly the advice from my longtime friend and Jack expert Darth Magnus. I much prefer the first movie and almost tried to create that version but Rezenikk's awesome custom made me realize how much work it would be. It would be easier to get it closer to 2 and 3 but given that the outfit differences are not that different than 4 and 5 and I think he looks cooler in those movies and as bad as they are film wise I don't dislike them any more than 2 and 3 I just decided to go as close to accuracy to 4 as I could so at least it was screen accurate to something. The mods I did do to it I feel took it to another level and quite happy with it. I know it's not as exciting as some of the other stuff in this thread but I hope you can appreciate it anyways!

CAPTIAN JACK SPARROW (ON STRANGER TIDES)

Hair replacement: #RfCustomFiugres (me)
Bandana: Enterbay (with mods)
Head: Hot Toys DX15
Boots and coat and waist belts: DX15, all weathered and color changed for accuracy by me
Everything else: DX06 with modifications and tweaks by me (sash length, hat shape etc.)

Back