1/6 Mondo-Universal Monsters-Creature From The Black Lagoon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He could be more green.

xc-8.jpg

xc-2.jpg

https://gammillustrations.bizland.com/lifecreature/colorcreature.htm

Those images were colour corrected as the originals had too much red in them:

cblife01.jpg

cblife04.jpg

https://blackylagoon.neocities.org/life.html

The Mondo figure does have a card that says it's a work in progress, so hopefully the paint will be much better for production.

"Nose" is a bit too wide on the bottom, mouth is really good. Proportions and details seem to be pretty spot on. The costume would benefit if they could add some irregularities as in the original one. Definitely following this one.

Aside from the color and the face being slightly off it looks nice. But I hope it's articulated and not some hunk of plastic like a Neca figure or something.

Sean

The color is in line with other official merch. You don’t see red lipped Creatures released. I think these yellowish Creatures are considered Universal’s canon coloring and the set colors were just used for the best look in black and white. I’d prefer him more green but I’m OK with how he looks. Looked great in person.

I just couldn’t tell if he was limited articulated or has a rubber suit like Sideshow’s.

The color is in line with other official merch. You don’t see red lipped Creatures released. I think these yellowish Creatures are considered Universal’s canon coloring and the set colors were just used for the best look in black and white. I’d prefer him more green but I’m OK with how he looks. Looked great in person.

I just couldn’t tell if he was limited articulated or has a rubber suit like Sideshow’s.

I didn't know that they'd settled on the yellow-green colour, though I noticed a smaller figure from another company was similar.

Looking closely at the photos he looks like he has quite a bit of articulation. There are lots of cut lines disguised as scales from his wrists and all the way up his arms, across his chest, hips and knees. No doubt the ankles as well, but it's hard to discern from these photos.

This and Wicket are the highlights of the show for me. I always found the Creature to be the most sinister of Universal's best known monsters.

The old Sideshow looked good for its time, but I wouldn't have been comfortable with the seamless parts. Much prefer exposed articulation even if it's not as accurate.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_112603a.htm

This is an earlier prototype, so it's basically a resin statue. The final figure will have articulation in which we'll hide the articulation the best we can (in the plates as some have surmised). Color- It's pretty green in person. The color photos posted above feature a suit that was painted just for those photos, if I remember correctly. No red lips on our guy.

And yes- there will be paint variants. One is to be expected. One is not. ;)

This is an earlier prototype, so it's basically a resin statue. The final figure will have articulation in which we'll hide the articulation the best we can (in the plates as some have surmised). Color- It's pretty green in person. The color photos posted above feature a suit that was painted just for those photos, if I remember correctly. No red lips on our guy.

Woohooo!!
Can’t wait to pick this guy up. Will you be taking on other Universal Monsters also in 1/6 scale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I met Riccou Browning a while back at Chiller Theatre in NJ. We had a long conversation about the actual color of the suit. He had a picture there that a friend or family member took of him in the suit and it was VERY close if not the exact color of the photos posted in post #23. He said this was the suit, this was the color, I was there...that's that. He was funny guy

Quick question, and I'm assuming you probably cant answer it, but can we expect a series of Universal Monsters figures from Mondo?

I'm definitely picking this up! But which version depends on if this will become a whole line.

Right now I have the colored SS versions, so if this is just a single release I'll likely get the color version to replace my SS version. If this will become a whole line I'd like to replace them all in B&W variant color scheme. So that's why I ask.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quick question, and I'm assuming you probably cant answer it, but can we expect a series of Universal Monsters figures from Mondo?

I'm definitely picking this up! But which version depends on if this will become a whole line.

Right now I have the colored SS versions, so if this is just a single release I'll likely get the color version to replace my SS version. If this will become a whole line I'd like to replace them all in B&W variant color scheme. So that's why I ask.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can certainly answer- this will be a one and done. I know other companies are interested in the other monsters, so I'll leave it to them to complete the line. I just want to make a badass Creech!

When you say "articulation" do you mean like most other 1/6 figures? Or are we talking limited articulation like NECA solid plastic figures?

Sean

Back