1/6 Mondo-Universal Monsters-Creature From The Black Lagoon Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can certainly answer- this will be a one and done. I know other companies are interested in the other monsters, so I'll leave it to them to complete the line. I just want to make a badass Creech!

Well, I at least have the Sideshow versions to fill out the ranks.

But one monster I'd like to see in 1/6 is a Grey Alien, you wouldn't even need a license unless, the Greys are real.

Just no seamless rubber bodies, I don't want a figure cracking apart when I go to pose it in a few years (I'm afraid to find out what my SCC Creature looks like now).

My Sideshow Creature is in perfect condition, as is the Metaluna Mutant. I think there are alternatives to whatever Hot Toys was using on figures that started to oxidize and break down (which was likely some sort of latex based product). I have bendies and oily jiggler toys from the early 1960s that are still in perfect condition. So it just depends on what material is used. Hopefully, if this is similar to the Sideshow Creature as far as construction is concerned, this will be taken into consideration.

Sean

My Sideshow body is going strong as well. I did, however, need to repair his one broken ankle.

But yeah I'm definitely looking forward to the new one from Mondo. Hopefully I can achieve the same level of articulation to get him in this display.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
2017e207ab734fc208fc60fe905fe023.jpg

Attachments

• 20190730_000847.jpg
    20190730_000847.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 385
My Sideshow Creature and Mutant figures are holding up fine as well. Articulation is great on the Creature,not so much on the Mutant, but then it never was all that good..That being said, this guy looks pretty cool, and I am intrigued...PS

I'm excited to read that the articulation wasn't there yet. I'm really eager to see how this turns out.

I thought they had said they were looking at a Phican type figure, silicone over a skeleton? Oh well...Too bad it's not.
I wish they'd do something about that head. Looks a little pointy to me.

Sean

Glad to see the final prototype with articulation. Head is much more accurate now though to me it look a lot to me like a scaled up version of the ole Sideshow 8?, which I know its not, but proportions and articulation are more or less the same.

Lets hope this is available for the international market... many of their Universal Monsters releases are only US and Canada

I love that the Uni Monsters are getting a lot of love again. TOTS will be doing 1/6 figures too and we need some new ones and I can't wait. This looks great and I like that the seams can be hidden with posing

It's cool. I'd like to own both versions but pricey as hell.

It's a pretty good price for a 1/6 figure but I think you're referring to buying both colors. Yeah, that would be a bit pricey. Can't wait to PO this guy. I hope he's truly 12 inches to look good with the other horror figures from TOTS and Sideshow

Back