Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does any one know when this figure was 1st announced/revealed??? I know Joker was revealed at SDCC 2011...

You mean when the figure was first shown? Or the announcement for the '89 line in general?

December 2010 the license was revealed

003754i3s1x1ipprr1z3p3.jpg

Hot-Toys-Batman-Movie-1989_1293306420.jpg

keaton-batman.jpg

Then at July 2011 SDCC, the '89 DX 08 Joker and Batmobile were shown. Batman wasn't there and everyone wondered where he was.

Picture-22.png

sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_39.jpg

Then late July at anicom, they had this picture on a glass display. It was just a pic printed out on paper hanging off the window.

005-1.jpg

hottoys_89_14.jpg

Then late August 2011, these scans popped up unexpectedly,

K_batman02.jpg

batman01.jpg

Then a couple of hours later it went up for preorder with specs/pics, same day as DX 08 Joker.

So it took less than a month from it to go from 1st "crappy photo of a photo" of the figure to full specs/pics preorder stage. It blind sided collectors. It only took 4 months for it to come out and in hand pics started rolling in January 2012.

Hot-Toys-Batman-2.jpg

You mean when the figure was first shown? Or the announcement for the '89 line in general?

keaton-batman.jpg

Then at July 2011 SDCC, the '89 DX 08 Joker and Batmobile were shown. Batman wasn't there and everyone wondered where he was.

Picture-22.png

Then late July at anicom, they had this picture on a glass display. It was just a pic printed out on paper hanging off the window.

005-1.jpg

hottoys_89_14.jpg

K_batman02.jpg

batman01.jpg

Then a couple of hours later it went up for preorder with specs/pics, same day as DX 08 Joker.

So it took less than a month from it to go from 1st "crappy photo of a photo" of the figure to full specs/pics preorder stage. It blind sided collectors. It only took 4 months for it to come out and in hand pics started rolling in January 2012.

Hot-Toys-Batman-2.jpg

Oh ok thanks for the History lesson... I like knowing a little history about the figure... Just hoping the Returns Batman is pretty quick like that in regards to the pre-order and such...

I'd love to pick up this figure, new if possible, but it's getting really pricey on eBay. That and the oil issues on the body. Is it still worth tracking down or will this be usurped by a 2.0 version?

I'd love to pick up this figure, new if possible, but it's getting really pricey on eBay. That and the oil issues on the body. Is it still worth tracking down or will this be usurped by a 2.0 version?

They just got to the Returns version...I don't think we'll see a 2.0 89 for a long while.

keaton-batman.jpg

Picture-22.png

005-1.jpg

hottoys_89_14.jpg

K_batman02.jpg

batman01.jpg

Hot-Toys-Batman-2.jpg

Pretty amazing recap there, man. You seriously know your shat.

What oil issues? Mine had some white spots that turned out to be baby powder.. I did panic though.

Other than that, never had a problem...

What oil issues? Mine had some white spots that turned out to be baby powder.. I did panic though.

I was about to ask the ame thing. I haven't heard of any issues with the suit. At this point wait for the Returns unless you really like the 89(which I do).

I was about to ask the ame thing. I haven't heard of any issues with the suit. At this point wait for the Returns unless you really like the 89(which I do).

Yeah had an DX09 had to sell it due to bills... Now saving up for the next few months to get it again along with Joker... Hope to have both by Christmas...

Yeah had an DX09 had to sell it due to bills... Now saving up for the next few months to get it again along with Joker... Hope to have both by Christmas...

Good luck man. I know it's tough selling these, but sometimes a man's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Hope you get a decent deal on 'em.

There was a thread about oil under the belt, elsewhere on the body. Was this a minor problem or a major issue, like the DX02 and the Comedian? Either way, was it ever resolved?

Good luck man. I know it's tough selling these, but sometimes a man's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Hope you get a decent deal on 'em.

I hope so too I will look here before hitting evil bay once i have a good amount of $$ saved up...

-------Shortened post-------

Hot-Toys-Batman-2.jpg

This one I love about Difabio. He keeps all con pics and all consecutive information on a figure all the way up to P.O. on figures/licenses he loves. When someone asks about this sort of stuff I always imagine Difabio saying " I have detailed files." :lol

If anyone know where I can get a Keaton/Joker for about $650 or less please let me know all help would be appreciated...

If anyone know where I can get a Keaton/Joker for about $650 or less please let me know all help would be appreciated...

Best bet keep an eye out in the marketplace area of this forum. I actually scored an perfect condition dark knight tumbler for a great price from one of our fellow sideshow freaks. Good luck!

Best bet keep an eye out in the marketplace area of this forum. I actually scored an perfect condition dark knight tumbler for a great price from one of our fellow sideshow freaks. Good luck!

What would be a good price for both together???

Back