Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In trying to keep it as true to Jerry's artwork as I possibly could, here is my finished base for Sauron. Hope you enjoy it.

eqesejes.jpg

8a2ytyba.jpg

qeqapemy.jpg

a5ypu3u7.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Cartman don't suppose you live in the uk i would pay to have a skilled painter work on mine......for a first go your obviously a natural.....excellent work

Sauron #1159/1500 and Azog #185/500 finally arrived today!

The boxes:
S1159_A185.jpg

The statues:
Sauron_Azog1.jpg
Sauron_Azog2.jpg

Big Sauron:
Sauron_big.jpg

Attachments

• 1y5kg6pc.jpg
    1y5kg6pc.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 432
  • 3hfvd7sw.jpg
    3hfvd7sw.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 430
  • 3yvzy42l.jpg
    3yvzy42l.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 419
  • 44824h29.jpg
    44824h29.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 430
This is an awesome sculpt. I've seen some great repaint work in this thread as well. Love seeing other people's work. If anyone is looking for someone to do a repaint on this hit me up. You can find my info in my signature :)

I have the Weta one next to my Gandalf PF and I do like the fact that the pieces are similar in height. Even if not scaled to the movie I think it makes for a more cohesive display. And with Saruman also designed to pair with Gandalf, plus the environments, its a great way to setup a display that showcases the three main power brokers in the story and their respective abodes (Gandalf wandered so...)

Looks like this guy is getting close to low quantity judging by the recent members who have posted their numbers, we were stuck sub 700 for a while now I have seen a few well over 1000.

I'm sad to report that I decided to send mine back for full refund. While the size and sculpt were incredible, I just couldn't get over the paint job. Nothing wrong with it. Just really flat and boring. Not like armor and it was driving me crazy. Maybe they will do a big tower one day with a light up eye. I'll keep looking forward

I'm sad to report that I decided to send mine back for full refund. While the size and sculpt were incredible, I just couldn't get over the paint job. Nothing wrong with it. Just really flat and boring. Not like armor and it was driving me crazy. Maybe they will do a big tower one day with a light up eye. I'll keep looking forward

Sorry to hear that, seems like some of them do come out looking like that while others look decent. Once I got my replacement base with nice paint, the only piece that really needs some work is the helm, otherwise it looks fine.

I don't blame you. I was never satisfied with the factory paint job on Sauron. I knew if I get this statue, it had to be repainted. As big of a company as Sideshow, the one thing that kept me from buying more statues is the lack of good paint jobs. I have seen the 1:1 Robocop bust in person and the skin tone is one color. I can't believe they would be satisfied selling a high end statues that lacks that essential details. I'll be at Comic-Con this year and will bring that up with the guys from Sideshow.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, seems like some of them do come out looking like that while others look decent. Once I got my replacement base with nice paint, the only piece that really needs some work is the helm, otherwise it looks fine.

It stinks for sure. I wish everyone of them came out looking like mine did. I don't blame anyone for making it their own or sending it back. It's ones money and you gotta be happy with what you did.

Back