1/6 scale R2D2 from Taito

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the retracting arm,pop up head and 3rd leg one. i think i will get the one clock with the voice i hear it light's up to (not the projection clock the sounds are not great. Im still going to keep my hasbro one with the working arms someday i will figure how to bash him so he can have everything since it is to much to hope that it will be done by sideshow since bandi pulled there stunt. with 3p0

I bought the retracting arm,pop up head and 3rd leg one. i think i will get the one clock with the voice i hear it light's up to (not the projection clock the sounds are not great. Im still going to keep my hasbro one with the working arms someday i will figure how to bash him so he can have everything since it is to much to hope that it will be done by sideshow since bandi pulled there stunt. with 3p0

hey groovy where have you been hiding at haven`t seen you on here in a while. I have the taito one it`s a lot better then the under scale Hasbro version how much did you get him for

Yeah this one has no electronics, but it is not something I really miss since I always take the batteries out and put the figures in a glass prison. Honestly the only beef I have with it is the head seams, but that isn't something a small file and a repaint cannot fix. I am also curious how much you paid for it.

a fortune I paid 125 for mine from a japanese company. these guys are so hard to find you have to get them direct from japan. I have been buisy with school and i have 2 custom jobs i am prepping for as well. I was on Joe's area doing a revamp of baroness and re-working my Harley Quinn using medicom parts. I took a vaca from Star wars for awhile until i have more me-time.

Both Taito's that I'm aware of (the 1/6 scale) are gimmicks. They really aren't toys or collectibles, so no light up features on either. The clock has the retractable 3rd leg, the head goes up, and a pull out arm. The can warmer/cooler whatever has none of those things, but they are both the same size. There are other "Taito" R2's but they are smaller, so be careful what you get. This is my repaint of the can holder next to what it looks like out of the box. VERY salvageable for a stand-in and much less expensive than the undersize Medi. These guys were $34 a piece at Amazon. I'll sacrifice lights for scale any day, but that's just me.

View attachment 101690

That looks killer... guess I'll pick up the can warmer until I can find a good price on the clock. Really wish I hadn't waited to get the clock :lol

Yeah, I'm bummed it doesn't have that and probably doesn't tilt... but still looks great and I have a fun idea for that flip-top :lecture

well the can warmer could be tweaked with if you know someone who knows electronics since that r2 is hallowed out.

Anybody familiar with this one? jawa02.jpg

Is it one whole piece or can the R5D4 head be easily removed and work as a shorthand to making a custom R5D4 out of the Taito clock? Since it seems I can get the bust fairly cheap and it's supposed to be 1/6 I thought about getting one and see.

Now if they made an R2 with a Kenny Baker figure that could fit inside, that would be *****king awesome

Still can be had for ¥ 2,180 in Japan, so even using the proxys that you yanks are so afraid of you can still get probably 3-4 for $119. That is IF you want the Taito.

droids.jpg

I'll be curious to see how the Sideshow R2 measures up literally in terms of size with the Taito since the Taito is the most accurately sized R2 out there.

Back