Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I plan on adding some greeblies to the helmet, maybe a mic too. I also plan on weathering him up a bit more.

Yes, Weaving makes a great Imperial officer.

Personally I'm not a fan of using famous people's heads that have no affiliation with Star Wars, but that outfit does look really nice.

I share your nostalgia

i was visiting my mom over the weekend and she told me she had dug up some of my old star wars books. I thought these were long gone. She found my esb coloring book and my star wars storybook. You want to talk about a trip back in time.

It is so cool to see how i looked at all things sw when i was 8. :)
011700x525_zps417b5555.jpg

even back in 1980 i thought his jacket was blue.... :d
014700x677_zps19c49697.jpg

just a couple of pages i thought were interesting. Why did i think the buildings on cloud city were orange?
017700x431_zps16a88591.jpg

018687x700_zps2c6c78be.jpg

this is the book i looked at every night before bed. There was no internet, no sw on tv. This book was the only thing i had that had pictures from the movie. These two pictures in particular were the ones that really stayed with me over the years. The "three tuskens" and vader looking down at the fallen rebel troopers. These images are star wars to me. I will never forget the first time i saw these pictures. I get kinda overwhelmed thinking that i held this book as a 6 year old.

020700x509_zpscb6136e2.jpg

022700x524_zps4a081fed.jpg

i know these are not pictures of new customs, but this is why to this day i love star wars so much and enjoy doing custom work. I have always enjoyed coloring, drawing and painting star wars stuff. Even when i was 8, i tried to get things accurate. :) anyways, i just wanted to share this with you guys. To me, this is what the hobby is all about. :)

So, Wuher has been staring at me for a couple of years waiting to be painted. With all the new stuff Duane is getting ready to have casted, I better finish some old projects and practice painting. I havent painted a human head in a couple of years or done any painting for quite sometime.

Here is Wuher so far. I need to touch up some spots of course, but not too bad for a couple hours work. Its nice to have some free time and work on customs. Sorry for the crap pics, bad lighting at night.

042400x300_zps646512f0.jpg

043400x300_zpscecc2287.jpg

047600x450_zpse19e94d5.jpg

I am going to dye the tunic, sculpt a neck and fatten him up a bit. Should be fun. Great sculpt Duane. :)

Thanks. Not the best paintjob, but good enough. Im still going to work on him a bit.

Knowing you & how you work on figures, I'm sure there will a few more tweaks yet to come till you're satisfied….no doubt he'll turn out just fine.

Not sure what you've done with the lower half but I've got a production pic somewhere of a full body shot of him I'll send you. He actually wears long pants & not the Luke style boots that the lies of the hasbro figure has led us to believe.

Back